Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Kauai: Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach by Wyndham

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:44 am

This is a wonderful property, we stayed there last month; my only regret is that we only had 3 nights to redeem; 15k per night is unreal for what you get (their 1br is basically a whole apartment, with a full kitchen, living room, dining room, huge lanai). There is still some construction going on, but very minimal disruption.

I was told that the property will leave Wyndham "upon completion of the construction phase". Supposedly they will join Marriott.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:21 pm

Anyone had luck recently finding 2 bedroom available for points? I've read reports of award nights booking into two bedrooms, but I'm unable to find any. I can get the one bedrooms using the 15,000 points but was hoping for a two bedroom.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by fishinggal
Anyone had luck recently finding 2 bedroom available for points? I've read reports of award nights booking into two bedrooms, but I'm unable to find any. I can get the one bedrooms using the 15,000 points but was hoping for a two bedroom.
At one point word was there were very few 1BR so most people got 2BR.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:27 pm

I just stayed here this past weekend on points and was placed into a 2 bedroom upon check-in.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:44 pm

point redemptions ending soon?

Has anyone seen a reputable source stating that Wyndham point redemptions at this property end at some point in January (next month). I am in no way endorsing or denying this statement. However, someone on a "blog" comments section outright stated point redemptions end on xyz date in January and it will be revenue only bookings permitted after that date. Totally bogus or some truth to that assertion?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Has anyone seen a reputable source stating that Wyndham point redemptions at this property end at some point in January (next month). I am in no way endorsing or denying this statement. However, someone on a "blog" comments section outright stated point redemptions end on xyz date in January and it will be revenue only bookings permitted after that date. Totally bogus or some truth to that assertion?
Did you see post #44 and who posted it?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Did you see post #44 and who posted it?
Sorry- I overlooked that post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. MODS- feel free to delete my post to clean up this thread if desired.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:20 pm

Cannot book 2BR

I was able to book the a 2B RESORT VIEW in August for a stay in June but I need to change the dates and the only rooms I see available for a 15,000 award is 1B PART OCN VW. I looked over many dates and cannot find any 2BR. Has anyone else had any luck?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt EXplorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I booked a 1BR for 3 nights last week using Points for July 2016. I just looked at my reservation today on my phone and it says 2BR partial ocean view. I really hope that is the unit I receive when I check in.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:17 am

Since its been a couple of weeks into Jan now, did anyone stay at this hotel in 2016 without any issues on an award booking? Just curious as the original Dec 2015 date for this hotel exiting Wyndham was moved to Oct 2016.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

"3,000 points + $250" wowzers
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by munna82
Since its been a couple of weeks into Jan now, did anyone stay at this hotel in 2016 without any issues on an award booking? Just curious as the original Dec 2015 date for this hotel exiting Wyndham was moved to Oct 2016.
If they are still accepting bookings into 2016 this far into the year already, what type of concerns do you have? What type of issues do you think people would see?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:56 am

I stayed at this hotel in November for 3 nights. I originally booked a 1BR but was able to upgrade to a 3BR/3bath for $75/n by calling the hotel a month before my stay. We really needed it as there were 7 of us. It was one of the highest value bookings I made ($75 + 15k points for 7 people in Hawaii per night) and the suite was awesome (lots of space, huge lanai, large rooms, clean). We actually ended up getting the 3*$75 refunded since the power went out on the day we were checking out due to construction, but that's a detail.

For those of you who need more room, try booking 1BR and call the hotel to see what they are offering for an upgrade.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:29 pm

Awesome stay

Got a 1br away from construction on fourth floor with partial ocean view from credit card signup! One of best deals ever! This will switch to Marriott autograph collection in four months. They were supposed to be residential but when economy tanked converted to hotel. No restaurant yet but one will be built along with a 700 person convention center. Slides and a larger pool will be added (although no complaints about the current one). Construction will be finished December (they hope). Suites are huge and luxuriously furnished. Only drawback is no direct beach access about a 10-15 minute walk to poipu. I didn't care because I was on hiking trip.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Well it looks like they moved up the changes. I booked 4 free nights for this upcoming June....I did it a couple of weeks ago after talking with the property about the changes. I also booked a one bedroom because in the past we always got upgraded to a two bedroom since they have limited one bedrooms...

I just went online to see maybe about tweaking my dates and guess what....NO reservations are being made through Wyndham anymore. Not at all on their website. Not paid, not free nights.

BUT...they are being made through Koloalandingresort.com

I called the hotel and was told they have pulled the reservations through Wyndham and are going through direct booking and not through Wyndham. And she also mentioned the transition to Marriott Autograph.

I also noticed that there are a bunch of options for June including studio and one bedroom. This means I will be stuck with a one bedroom with 3 adults and a kid. Hmm....might have to grab an airbed from Walmart if they don't let me pay to upgrade my reward nights..

And now I have to wonder if they will honor my award nights now??? I would assume but who knows!

Last edited by sargenet; Feb 5, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.