Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Canoa Ranch Resort- Continuing Reservation Problems

Old Feb 16, 11, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TWA Platinum Ambassador, Eastern Stratosphere, NWA Gold Elite

Having stayed at this place in January 2010, and being a Wyndham rewards member, I received an email solicitation which I think was due to those facts. It offered an very attractive rate for January 2011 and I clicked the link in the email which took me to the Wyndham Resorts site. I reserved a room for two nights and arrived there five days later.

No reservation on file. Sorry, we weren't expecting you. No problem. I had the full color print out of the confirmation and handed it over to the desk clerk. Rate, date, cost, and reservation number were in plain view. The morning of checkout, the folio invoice slipped under my door billed me for the rack rate.

When I went to check out, and straighten out the problem, my printout was still in the folio. Nobody had taken the time over two days to try to attempt to contact central reservations to try to solve the problem. Just swept under the rug for the checkout person to solve. Which happened, with a full color printout.

The hotel is not that bad but is struggling with trying to be seen as a real desert resort and not some kind of a dysfunctional time share.

The room was fine and so was the restaurant. It could be a good visit if the reservation and billing experience would increase to the level of a Super 8.

I'm not advising anyone to avoid this place, but just to understand what you might be facing.

Search this Thread