Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:25 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
I'm not sure what you mean by challenges, could you please clarify?

Originally Posted by wassaii
Hi,

I just recently signed up for the Wyndham program due to my company having a relationship there and some of the locations being more convenient. For the last several years, I have been a ~150 nights/yr traveler (all on SPG and Hilton). I was wondering if there were any challenges available on Wyndham?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:24 pm

Angry

Dear Wyndham Concierge lurkers "WyndhamRewards" and "WyndhamRewards 2":

I can't be anymore displeased with Wyndham Rewards Customer Service, or lack thereof. There's no excuse having spent the last 12-days in attempt to resolve account issues, with calls extending over an hour required to explain the issues again and again. So what are account notes for? And still I'm told to wait for the system to update. Until when!

There are another 2-free nights earned waiting to be used while in a stay. The property is more than happy to apply them, but needs Wyndham Rewards to send them the info. Instead I have to continue to pay out of pocket. What's the purpose of earning rewards if they can't be used at the members request?

Over and above, this has been in complete disrespect of my time (over 8-hours in phone calls), interfering with my personal and business time, causing me to stay to extend longer than intended, and at my expense in more ways than one.

Wyndham Rewards reps and supervisors have plenty of time on the clock to spend on the call and are being paid. I can't recoup the time or moneys lost. Yet, Wyndham Rewards response continues in so words as, "Oh well". Definitely not the same as mine when I see the hotel bill(s)!

Signed, Patience Gone

Update: Had to call WR again today at their request, that "I" confirm with the hotel desk they have already transmitted the info, rather than checking with their people a supervisor who spoke to the hotel directly days ago and/or reading the account notes. At the beginning of the call I expressly told the WR CS Rep I can NOT stay on the phone, was calling ONLY for the account to be noted with the info presented. Instead the WR CS Rep keeps me online for 20-mins in argument, thence stating I need to speak with a supervisor. Passing 30-mins, I just hung up. As before, the same disrespect for my time and the same like "Oh,well" attitude. ~Now LIVID with WR!

...It only gets worse with now over 12-hrs in phone calls, WR REFUSES to provide resolution, and their rude unprofessional representation has been taken to the limit, being repeatedly HUNG UP ON. Looks like they attentded the same customer service classes as a certain cellular provider, ______!

Anyone have the number for WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORPORATE ESCALATIONS? Post or PM me -will be greatly appreciated!

*Minor validation via Wyndham Rewards BBB rating: http://bit.ly/ZBGDeN (but doesn't make this any better and/or resolve the issues...)

Last edited by LT11; Mar 17, 2013 at 4:40 pm Reason: update
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:05 am

I am very sorry. Please private message me your member number so I can assist you with this.

Originally Posted by LT11
Dear Wyndham Concierge lurkers "WyndhamRewards" and "WyndhamRewards 2":

I can't be anymore displeased with Wyndham Rewards Customer Service, or lack thereof. There's no excuse having spent the last 12-days in attempt to resolve account issues, with calls extending over an hour required to explain the issues again and again. So what are account notes for? And still I'm told to wait for the system to update. Until when!

There are another 2-free nights earned waiting to be used while in a stay. The property is more than happy to apply them, but needs Wyndham Rewards to send them the info. Instead I have to continue to pay out of pocket. What's the purpose of earning rewards if they can't be used at the members request?

Over and above, this has been in complete disrespect of my time (over 8-hours in phone calls), interfering with my personal and business time, causing me to stay to extend longer than intended, and at my expense in more ways than one.

Wyndham Rewards reps and supervisors have plenty of time on the clock to spend on the call and are being paid. I can't recoup the time or moneys lost. Yet, Wyndham Rewards response continues in so words as, "Oh well". Definitely not the same as mine when I see the hotel bill(s)!

Signed, Patience Gone

Update: Had to call WR again today at their request, that "I" confirm with the hotel desk they have already transmitted the info, rather than checking with their people a supervisor who spoke to the hotel directly days ago and/or reading the account notes. At the beginning of the call I expressly told the WR CS Rep I can NOT stay on the phone, was calling ONLY for the account to be noted with the info presented. Instead the WR CS Rep keeps me online for 20-mins in argument, thence stating I need to speak with a supervisor. Passing 30-mins, I just hung up. As before, the same disrespect for my time and the same like "Oh,well" attitude. ~Now LIVID with WR!

...It only gets worse with now over 12-hrs in phone calls, WR REFUSES to provide resolution, and their rude unprofessional representation has been taken to the limit, being repeatedly HUNG UP ON. Looks like they attentded the same customer service classes as a certain cellular provider, ______!

Anyone have the number for WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORPORATE ESCALATIONS? Post or PM me -will be greatly appreciated!

*Minor validation via Wyndham Rewards BBB rating: http://bit.ly/ZBGDeN (but doesn't make this any better and/or resolve the issues...)
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:38 pm

PM sent. Immediate attention required, today 3/18/2013.

*Getting late! NO further response received. Reiterate, this MUST be addressed and fully resolved TODAY, Monday 3/18/2013!

Last edited by LT11; Mar 18, 2013 at 4:15 pm
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:07 am

Confirmation Says 10K Points But 14K Points Deducted!

I made an award reservation before the category changes when the points required were 10K. My confirmation states 10K points. However, my account history reflects that 14K points deducted!! The hotel changed categories so now 14K points is required. However, I booked BEFORE the increase. When calling, I was told incorrectly that the hotel was always 14K points even before the increase.

I contacted customer service by phone and told to email with the confirmation which I did 2 weeks ago and still no action to resolve. What is wrong that they will not readily honor the confirmation which they sent me and which I have provided back to them??? What if my stay was within the 2 weeks that had just passed???
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:18 am

I'm very sorry that you have not heard back from us. Can you please email me the stay details and your account number? [email protected].

Originally Posted by dldkjones
I made an award reservation before the category changes when the points required were 10K. My confirmation states 10K points. However, my account history reflects that 14K points deducted!! The hotel changed categories so now 14K points is required. However, I booked BEFORE the increase. When calling, I was told incorrectly that the hotel was always 14K points even before the increase.

I contacted customer service by phone and told to email with the confirmation which I did 2 weeks ago and still no action to resolve. What is wrong that they will not readily honor the confirmation which they sent me and which I have provided back to them??? What if my stay was within the 2 weeks that had just passed???
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
I'm not sure what you mean by challenges, could you please clarify?
What the OP was refering to was the practice by many programs to offer a short term way to higher program status based on existing elite status in another program, such as SPG or Hilton in the OP's case. I would be interested if this option exists as well. Usually this means achieving an elite status by staying about 25% of the annual requirement within a short period of time such as 60-90 days.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:35 pm

We have recently established a Gold status. After staying 20 qualifying nights in a calendar year, youll achieve Gold Status and automatically be rewarded with Gold Status Points that can solely be redeemed for a free night.
The amount of Gold Status Points you have depends on the average amount you spent over the course of your 20 qualified nights.
We do not offer a short term way to become a Gold member if you have a elite status with another program.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by kanerf
What the OP was refering to was the practice by many programs to offer a short term way to higher program status based on existing elite status in another program, such as SPG or Hilton in the OP's case. I would be interested if this option exists as well. Usually this means achieving an elite status by staying about 25% of the annual requirement within a short period of time such as 60-90 days.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:33 pm

Booking reward nights for others

Hi, I need to book a room using wyndham rewards points for my brother and his family and was wondering how to do this. When I go to do it online, I don't see anyplace to add their names or to put the reservation in my brother's name. Please help, thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:13 am

Great question. All you need to do is take your name out of the reservation and place their name in.

Originally Posted by buddy1671
Hi, I need to book a room using wyndham rewards points for my brother and his family and was wondering how to do this. When I go to do it online, I don't see anyplace to add their names or to put the reservation in my brother's name. Please help, thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
New Tier Update

When is Wyndham Rewards going to update their website with the new Tier 9 information?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: AGR, Alaska Air, CSP, IHG, Hyatt
travel partners

I just signed up for wyndham rewards and see that I can choose to have points awarded to my amtrak account at the rate of two points per dollar. Does this apply only to hotel stays, or also to credit card spend and bonus points? Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
Question for the pros...can I use my Wyndham Rewards points to book rooms at Dolce and Tryp properties?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manderson99
I just signed up for wyndham rewards and see that I can choose to have points awarded to my amtrak account at the rate of two points per dollar. Does this apply only to hotel stays, or also to credit card spend and bonus points? Thanks.
It's definitely not for credit card spend. That posts as WR points, and once you get enough WR points, you can convert to airline (or in this case rail) miles / points.

As to bonus points, most bonuses are separate for WR points vs miles (in this case actually rail points).

In fact, because you may lose out on WR points bonuses if you choose to earn Amtrak points directly, you should do the math, and see whether it really makes sense to earn Amtrak points directly, or whether it makes more sense to earn WR poitns and then later (once you've accumulated enough to convert) convert WR points to Amtrak points.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: AGR, Alaska Air, CSP, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's definitely not for credit card spend. That posts as WR points, and once you get enough WR points, you can convert to airline (or in this case rail) miles / points.

As to bonus points, most bonuses are separate for WR points vs miles (in this case actually rail points).

In fact, because you may lose out on WR points bonuses if you choose to earn Amtrak points directly, you should do the math, and see whether it really makes sense to earn Amtrak points directly, or whether it makes more sense to earn WR poitns and then later (once you've accumulated enough to convert) convert WR points to Amtrak points.
Thanks for the clarification. Is the conversion rate 5:1? I can't get the info on the WR website since I don't have enough points to convert, but the thread on last year's airline devaluation seems to indicate this rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.