Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this the suckiest program EVER?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 1:41 am
Original Poster

worst hotel program

first, wyndham is confusing. if you are miles and more, you would never know you can get miles from ramada, but not howard johonson.
second, hotels many times ignore your stays and wyndham never cares whether your miles really go into your airline account
thirdly, if you call, you will never get clear answers and you always have to wait very long until the representative gets an answer from his/her supervisor.
So, Wyndam Reward is out!! and should be avoided at all times.
Old May 13, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: NW GE, National EE, IChotels Plat
I completely agree. I used to use their previous program, trip rewards, and had no issues. But when I stayed at a Wyndham for a night... I was told that no points were given for staying there (after the switchover,) that annoyed me enough to just use the points I had accured and never use them again.
Old May 14, 2009, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by SDtraveler
I completely agree. I used to use their previous program, trip rewards, and had no issues. But when I stayed at a Wyndham for a night... I was told that no points were given for staying there (after the switchover,) that annoyed me enough to just use the points I had accured and never use them again.
+1
Old May 14, 2009, 7:10 pm

Trust me - TR wasn't much better half the time. We stayed for 3 nights at a car show and didn't receive our points. When I requested credit they indicated that the hotel would not allow points because it was booked via a group booking. It was not - each person had to put their name on a waiting list for the rooms as it is a popular show. Each person received a letter requiring them to prepay 2 of the 3 nights 10 months in advance. Plus the rate for the room was 1.6 times the normal rate for the weeekends before & after. Needless to say never got our points & for what we paid for that night it was a lot of missing points.
Old May 24, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Preferred
I concur that this is a horrible hotel program. The promotions are terrible because they always cap "double points" at four stays.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by SDtraveler

Actually, Wyndham Rewards and Trip Rewards is exactly the same program, absolutely nothing has changed except for the name of the program.

If you did not receive points for your stay, you should contact them asking why...you may have received a discounted rate which is non-qualyifying for points.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 6:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've had three stays under the new program and once my miles didn't post. They did after I filled out a retro-claim request online.

My big complaint is that there's no elite program and that twice they've tried to charge me for the wrong rate.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, UA-Premier, NW-SElite, PC-Platinum, ChoiceP-Diamond, GoldPoints-Gold, BW-Diamond
I agree - one of the worst programs

I used to stay at TripRewards/Wyndham Rewards hotels in the small towns. In 2008 six hotels in a row did not give me credit for my stay. The program does not care - they wanted me to fax a copy of my receipt. I did on one occasion and still never got credit for the stay. Cashed in all my points (about 48000) and have not stayed with them for over 8 months.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 5:02 pm
In Memoriam

Is this the suckiest program EVER?

It has been two weeks, stay is still not posting.

And this is after I reported a missing stay!

Last edited by underpressure; Jun 24, 2009 at 5:23 pm
Old Jun 24, 2009, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...and, check your reservation carefully.

All the ones I've made so far require you to cancel by 6:00 PM the day before!

While the hotels certainly are cheap, it's really not worth my time unless they come through with the 10K miles (times N). I'm going to be riding herd on them very closely, 'cuz in order to pull this off I'm foregoing the Choice promo and probably the Marriott promo as well. For points, not worth it at all.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
same here

Same here! Shall we really wait 6 weeks as the missing stay reply suggests??
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've had three stays this year (one Days Hotel, two Ramadas). Only the Days refused to posted in a timely matter. A month later I sent in an email and the stay was credited. This does seem to be a common problem sadly.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:28 am
Original Poster

fed up with Wyndham Rewards

This is the most unreliable program. They simply don't care whether your points or miles have been posted or not. In some sense they are cheating customers. In China there are a number of Ramada or HOJO who just pays for the using the logos but do not participate in the program!!!
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:41 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Sofitel Privilege, and now its successor Accor A-Club, are both pretty bad.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 1:52 am

Thumbs down Worst Hotel Program in the world

I am really disappointed of the WYNDHAM program.

When I stayed at SUPER 8 Hotel and DAYSINN for 2 nights in China last month,I haven't got any mils from program.
When I called the service center,I told them my confirmed reservation notification.My god,
they told me they can not find the confirmed reservation notification in the past time. They didn't give me any clear answers after talking for 20 minutes.
I have to find the other ways.
I sent one email to [email protected],It gave me information they will give me feedback in 3-5 working days.
But I haven't got any answer after the 5 days.

Wyndam Reward is out!! and should be avoided at all times.

I just want to contact with its vice president JILL NOBLETT and tell him how "good" the Wyndam Reward is?

Anybody know JILL NOBLETT email?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.