FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Discover America® Daily Getaways: Wyndham points on sale, 5/18/10, 10am ET (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1084402-discover-america-daily-getaways-wyndham-points-sale-5-18-10-10am-et.html)

Kohoutek May 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 13974214)
Bump to alert everyone for tomorrow!
I first saw this on the Choice forum of FT.

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 13980329)
Darn it! I missed all these!
I find it noteworthy that all the Wyndham packages sold out within 36 minutes while Choice points are still available after 30 hours :D !

You slept in? ;) :D :p

bearcat74 May 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Converting to a free airline ticket?

Was able to get a 50K and a 32K. I'm looking at redeeming for actual airline tickets through them (one of the options of redemption) - anyone ever done this? Will they earn FF Miles? I believe when one does this through Flexperks (US Bank), Cap One Rewards, or AMEX rewards they do as the company buys the ticket and then takes your miles for it - looks like a revenue ticket to the airline. I assume this works the same way - if so this could be of great value.

domestic coach lower 48 ticket up to $500 is 67,000 points. I just paid .0025/pt so it costs me $167.50 for a potentially $500 ticket. If they earn miles this could be my new way to MR!

Otherwise I will hang on to them and use for transfers to top off accounts or during promotions that give bonuses for hotel activity and maybe an occasional free stay.

iwpingmu May 18, 2010 4:14 pm

I was only able to get 6 x 1 night right at 10 am est

silverfalls May 18, 2010 7:43 pm

I was able to grab the following

2* 28000 for $62 each
2* 50000 for $117 each:D^

OneWorldTraveller May 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by koroleon (Post 13974967)
Someone mentioned that you can convert 2.5 WR points to airlines miles, including UA. Can you verify that this could be applied to this promo? If so, it's a great deal and I'll try to grab one. I also read in another thread that conversions are possible in batches of 8K, 17.5K and 30K points. I've been looking at the Wyndham site and it doesn't offer a lot of info and there's no FAQ in this forum, so I'd appreciate any comments.

I expect so, that's the reason why I bought 146,000 WR points in this promotion. It will give me around 60,000 UA or AC miles.. :)

bearcat74 May 20, 2010 11:24 am

Points posted

Just checked and my points have already posted - well in advance of the 5-10 day timeframe! ^

Kohoutek May 20, 2010 11:44 am

I checked earlier today, and my points hadn't posted. Very pleased to see the points come through later. I've already got one monkey off my back - cancelled a paid stay and replaced with an award stay. :cool: ^

goldenbear May 20, 2010 2:33 pm

It is interesting that all the US gift card options that I saw two days ago that were worth anything have now disappeared (gas cards, grocery cards, home depot, etc) while my points have posted. Not sure I need anything from Cabela's, Best Buy, or Timberland, which are what's left now.

Maybe they will come back at some point, but it was nice to have those options- in case I can't find a great use for these points, the gift cards option made it no lose. Redemption to Southwest credit is still no lose, so I'm not worried, just puzzled.

sc flier May 20, 2010 2:59 pm

goldenbear, I suspect that this has to do with preparations for their new website transition. Check back next week. The new site will link to a system run by AwardsLinQ.com for redeeming points for miles, gift cards, event tickets, and merchandise. I expect the conversion rates to remain the same for gift cards.

abcx May 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier (Post 13994179)
goldenbear, I suspect that this has to do with preparations for their new website transition. Check back next week. The new site will link to a system run by AwardsLinQ.com for redeeming points for miles, gift cards, event tickets, and merchandise. I expect the conversion rates to remain the same for gift cards.

I assume the conversion rate for miles remain the same too? Otherwise a lot of us will be seriously shafted.

jpdx May 20, 2010 4:52 pm

I've had a couple hundred thousand points posted today. Just noticed that the airline miles transfer option seems to allow a transfer of miles to anyone, not just my own account. Is this true?

abcx May 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx (Post 13994799)
I've had a couple hundred thousand points posted today. Just noticed that the airline miles transfer option seems to allow a transfer of miles to anyone, not just my own account. Is this true?

Yeah, I believe so. Great for CC trades ;)

jpdx May 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 13994809)
Yeah, I believe so. Great for CC trades ;)

Oh no, that makes me even more upset that I wasn't able to purchase waaaay more points. ;)

sc flier May 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 13994456)
I assume the conversion rate for miles remain the same too? Otherwise a lot of us will be seriously shafted.

I am almost certain that the transfer rate for miles will remain the same.

Originally Posted by jpdx (Post 13994799)

And yet it costs 1 cent per point to transfer Wyndham points to another person's Wyndham account for those of us who see great value in them for actual hotel stays. :td:

abcx May 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Cross-posting from the Hotel Deal Daily Getaways thread so that people don't miss it.

FYI, for those who loaded up on WR points, US is running a 50% bonus on miles transferred from hotel points - this might be a good opportunity. ;)

I know you lose the flexibility, but US is a pretty decent program to redeem in. God, I wish I could have bought more.