Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone got any 'leverage' with Ramada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC

Hi All;

I need to get a room at the Ramada Plaza in Basel, Switzerland next year for a week starting March 22. However the hotel is sold out; I am a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program and in that program it is possible for a member to 'force' a room reservation.

Is there such a feature in the Ramada/Wyndham program? If there is, then is anyone interested in a deal? I can offer SPG points, Hyatt points or American Airlines miles or international upgrades. I am not looking for a free room, I am quite prepared to pay for it, just a confirmed reservation.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Dont think they're sold out - If I go to their site I can only book up until March 17 2011, the rest is greyed out. They probably only allow bookings for +1 year minus one week. My guess is that around next week you should be able to book it.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC
They ARE sold out

Hi D;

I was in Basel this week for an annual trip, walked into the hotel itself & inquired about next year & they told me that they were sold out for the entire period of next year's show.

So, if anyone has any 'leverage' I would be glad to hear from them.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Noctilux
Hi All;

I need to get a room at the Ramada Plaza in Basel, Switzerland next year for a week starting March 22. However the hotel is sold out; I am a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program and in that program it is possible for a member to 'force' a room reservation.

Is there such a feature in the Ramada/Wyndham program? If there is, then is anyone interested in a deal? I can offer SPG points, Hyatt points or American Airlines miles or international upgrades. I am not looking for a free room, I am quite prepared to pay for it, just a confirmed reservation.
Noctilux, I would suggest you place your trade in Flyertalk's coupon connection forum where it will get a much greater number of looks and a quicker response.

--
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Is it actually sold out or have they simply handed over their inventory to the organiser of the show, in which case you may be able to book through them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.