Is this program not popular?

Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Two nice properties at opposite ends of the Wyndham family of hotels are the Super 8 in Hibbing, MN and the new Fashion 26 Wyndham Hotel in New York City.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
It seems to me that one of the biggest reasons that the Wyndham board on Flyertalk is so quiet, apart from the property selection being mostly middle and lower shelf, is that the programme itself does not have status tiers - and that is what FT is very specifically all about. Being a WR Platinum member at Knights Inn, probably wouldn't do much for you anyway. That said, PC/IC has the mixed model, where certain properties participate is a more exclusive scheme. And in the airline world, for example, M&M has it's own internal HON Circle airlines.

However, WR is trying hard with the mileage promotions and hopefully learning from the experience. If their administration and completion of the promos could be tightened up, they could be on to something.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
It seems to me that one of the biggest reasons that the Wyndham board on Flyertalk is so quiet, apart from the property selection being mostly middle and lower shelf, is that the programme itself does not have status tiers - and that is what FT is very specifically all about.
That's an excellent point. Points by themselves don't make for brand loyalty IMHO. Most FTers are constantly striving for *elite* status in some form or fashion with their preferred hotel, airline, car rental co., you name it. This is the biggest gap in Wyndhams program for me. I travel on business and would stay a lot more at Wyndhams, Hawthorns and Wingates if there was the added incentive of elite tiers based on nights/stays.

...oh 500!...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.