Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any benefits for a competition prize stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2009, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG

I am not a frequent Wyndham customer, almost all my stays have been through third party reservations, so I've rarely had to even give my WR number.

I recently won a two night weekend stay at a Wyndham property and made my reservation over the phone direct with the hotel. After the fact I wondered if I should have mentioned being a WR member - or if they treat "gift" stays like they do third party bookings.

Will they even add my WR number to the reservation if I ask - and is there any reason to do so?

Thanks for any input.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I'm not positive about WR but with most hotel programs I give them my loyalty account number even if I am staying on a reward ticket or I bid on priceline or HotWire.

With most hotel chains you get points for your incidentals. Also, sometimes there is a mistake and you will actually earn points for a stay that was otherwise ineligible for points.

If when you check in the FD clerk says that this stay is not eligible for point earning (since it is a free stay) simply ask them to place your number in the reservation anyway so you can earn for incidentals charged to the room (even if you have no plans to charge anything to the room).

With Hilton and Marriott I have actually gotten points and status nights on free stays and opaque travel. Go figure.

Also, some properties give you free internet or breakfast or newspaper or whatever if you are a member of their program even if you have no "status" with that program.

Do you have a confirmation number? If so, I think you can look up the reservation on line and enter your WR# that way. Not sure but just a thought.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Thanks for the info!

When we arrived Saturday the front desk clerk saw my Wyndham card and asked if I wanted my number added to the stay - so I didn't have to ask. Nothing special offered, but breakfast was already included so I wouldn't expect anything.

We'll see if the points/credits show up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.