Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

25% bonus miles + $25 gift cert/card thru Nov 30, 2009 - various airlines & Amtrak

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% bonus miles + $25 gift cert/card thru Nov 30, 2009 - various airlines & Amtrak

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*

As was with the 10K promo earlier this year, the offer seems to be applicable many airlines. T&C are at the bottom of this post. I copied the Delta T&C and then modified each mention of Delta with [program name here].

The big stuff:
Registration required. Max of 4 stays for 25% bonus. Good for U.S. and Canadian members. The offer does not appear to be available for Air Berlin, Miles and More, Hainan, Czech Airlines, China Southern, China Eastern, and China Air.
Earn 25% more for your stays this fall with the Wyndham Worldwide family of brands.

Register for our 25 Every Time promotion and when you stay now through November 30, 2009 — we'll reward you with 25% more [insert program name here] miles (up to four stays).

PLUS, for qualified stays (up to four stays) with our over 6,000 locations, now through November 30, 2009:

* U.S. Wyndham Rewards members will also receive enough additional points to redeem for a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate
* Canadian Wyndham Rewards members will also receive enough additional points to redeem for a $25 Petro-Canada™ gas card

Join Wyndham Rewards today and start earning airline miles every time you stay! Plus, you’ll be automatically registered for our 25 Every Time promotion for up to four stays now through November 30, 2009.

From affordable hotels to vacation resorts to all-suite extended stays — you’ll find over 6,000 participating Wyndham Worldwide locations waiting to welcome and reward you.

T&C
2009 Fall Promotion Official Rules — 25 Every Time

Eligibility. The “25 Every Time” promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to members, in good standing, of the Wyndham Rewards Guest Rewards Program (“Wyndham Rewards”) who are legal residents of either the United States or Canada.

Registration: To participate in this Promotion, you must (i) choose to earn [program name here] in your Wyndham Rewards member profile, (ii) register online at wyndhamrewards.com/[program name here] or by calling 1-866-WYN-RWDS (1-866-967-8747). You may register before or after a qualifying stay, but you must register no later than November 30, 2009.

Qualifying Stay. To receive a 25 Every Time Reward (as described below) through this Promotion, you must complete a stay at a qualifying rate at a participating Wyndham Rewards hotels in the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico and Guam) or Canada between October 1, 2009 and November 30, 2009 (each, a “Qualifying Stay”). Members who check-out after December 30, 2009 will not receive a 25 Every Time Reward. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. One Qualifying Stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of check-ins or check-outs.

Limit of Four (4) 25 Every Time Rewards per Person. A maximum of four (4) 25 Every Time Rewards will be awarded to each Wyndham Rewards member through this Promotion, regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays during the Promotion period.

25 Every Time Rewards.

•If you are a Wyndham Rewards [program name here] miles/points earner who resides in the United States, you will receive, as your 25 Every Time Reward, (1) an additional award of SkyMiles equal to 25% of the number of miles you received as your Standard Wyndham Rewards Award for the Qualifying Stay, plus (2) a total of 2,200 Wyndham Rewards points, enough to redeem, through Wyndham Rewards, for a $25 restaurant.com gift card.

•If you are a Wyndham Rewards [program name here] miles/points earner who resides in Canada, you will receive, as your 25 Every Time Reward, (1) an additional award of SkyMiles equal to 25% of the number of miles you received as your Standard Wyndham Rewards Award for the Qualifying Stay, plus (2) a total of 5,500 Wyndham Rewards points, enough to redeem, through Wyndham Rewards, for a $25 Petro-Canada gas card.

Registered Wyndham Rewards members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of a Qualifying Stay for the airline miles to be credited to their account.

Redemption of Points. To receive a gift card, you must redeem your points through Wyndham Rewards in accordance with the terms and conditions for that program. Allow 6-8 weeks, after redemption of your points, to receive your gift card.

Gift Card Terms and Conditions The restaurant.com gift card and Petro-Canada gas card are subject to the terms and conditions printed on each card.

Participating Wyndham Rewards Hotels: Participating Wyndham Rewards hotel brands are Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inns & Suites®, Ramada®, Super 8®, Travelodge® (U.S. hotels only), Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.

General. This Promotion is subject to complete Wyndham Rewards program terms and conditions. This Promotion is void where prohibited. All [program name here] program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit [program web site].
Old Oct 10, 2009, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since I haven't gotten my 10k bonus miles yet, I felt it was safest to keep my miles preference the same as it was for the 10k miles promotion, and so register for the promo with the same airline this time around.

So I go to register at the United site, and click Register, and it says I'm already registered! Yet I don't remember seeing this promo before! So did they auto-register for this promo anyone who registered for the 10k promo???
Old Oct 10, 2009, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Since I haven't gotten my 10k bonus miles yet, I felt it was safest to keep my miles preference the same as it was for the 10k miles promotion, and so register for the promo with the same airline this time around.

So I go to register at the United site, and click Register, and it says I'm already registered! Yet I don't remember seeing this promo before! So did they auto-register for this promo anyone who registered for the 10k promo???
Same thing happened to me. I too did not change my program preference for the same reason you stated. I suspect this might be WR's way of extending the 10K promo but altering it to earn a 25% bonus on miles instead. Perhaps in their system its the same promo and this is why we both were "already registered" per the web site.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
This promotion is far more generous for Canadian addresses than U.S. ones.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA, DL, A3
Did anyone who are not US and Canadian residents register this promotion and get 25% bonus miles?
I'll have a stay soon and I live outside North America.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 4:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I just registered. I don't think it's enough to make me switch any of my business over but still, any promo is a good promo.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by icurhere2
This promotion is far more generous for Canadian addresses than U.S. ones.
Noticed that too.

It appears the bonus (technically) isn't gift cards, it's loyalty points redeemable for giftcards. Presumably, you don't have to redeem for gas cards, yet it puts a $ into the promotion.

So depending on your perspective, it appears that CA gets twice the bonus. Yet not sure what the initial cost of stays and/or redemption is, so it might all average out.

Looks like you can pull about 9000 points all-in from the promo. Airline redemption is 8000pts->2k miles, so this is terrible, compared to the last promo (four stays for 2000 miles this time, three stays for 10,000 miles last time).
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:03 am

I'm sure there's something simple that I'm missing - I'd appreciate some help.

We frequently have work crews staying at hotels in this program. If I spend $800 at a Days Inn and keep the points option, I get 10 points/$ = 8,000 points, which I can transfer to AA for 3,200 miles. The same $800 with the miles option gets me 2 miles/$ = 1,600 AA miles. The 25% bonus doesn't change my choice of options.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by singlemalt
I'm sure there's something simple that I'm missing - I'd appreciate some help.

We frequently have work crews staying at hotels in this program. If I spend $800 at a Days Inn and keep the points option, I get 10 points/$ = 8,000 points, which I can transfer to AA for 3,200 miles. The same $800 with the miles option gets me 2 miles/$ = 1,600 AA miles. The 25% bonus doesn't change my choice of options.
Not understanding what your question is. Is it if you should earn miles, or earn points to convert to miles?

Most programs seem to lean towards it being more efficient to earn points and convert, then earn miles.

In your situation, I'd set my account to earn AA miles, sign up for the AA promotion, then earn 1600 miles (2pts/$ for $800), 400 bonus miles (25% promotion mile bonus), then convert the 8800 pts (4x promotion 2200pts) to 3200 AA miles.

I'd be concerned that if you earned points, they'd say the promotion is for those that earn miles, and since you didn't earn milles, you don't get bonus points.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by sbagdon
In your situation, I'd set my account to earn AA miles, sign up for the AA promotion, then earn 1600 miles (2pts/$ for $800), 400 bonus miles (25% promotion mile bonus), then convert the 8800 pts (4x promotion 2200pts) to 3200 AA miles.
Got it - the 2,200 points per stay is the bigger part of the bonus. Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by singlemalt
Got it - the 2,200 points per stay is the bigger part of the bonus. Thanks.
ok, i am confused, how does one earn both miles and points at the same time? is it like hilton honors?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by corrad
ok, i am confused, how does one earn both miles and points at the same time? is it like hilton honors?
I'm taking it's two parts of the same promotion (which sounds tricky). 25% miles bonus over your usual mileage award, and 2200 pts per stay for each qualified stay (which can then be redeemed for more miles). Or... you're only earning miles (as normal), yet the promotion is giving a miles bonus, and a points bonus.

I was thinking of doing some matress runs just for the points, yet after reading the "10K miles for 3 stays" thread, I figure this sounds like more trouble then it's worth (and that's coming from this poster!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.