Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10K miles for 3 stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
At last - my 20,000 AA miles posted today. After calling Wyndham in November and December, they told me on Dec. 9 that they had "sent the file to AA on Dec. 1". I figured it could take another several weeks to post. Now it's done, but it was a long wait since the mid-Sept. end of the promotion.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by travelingmore
At last - my 20,000 AA miles posted today. After calling Wyndham in November and December, they told me on Dec. 9 that they had "sent the file to AA on Dec. 1". I figured it could take another several weeks to post. Now it's done, but it was a long wait since the mid-Sept. end of the promotion.
Mine too. Called wyndham after 2 months since I called them last time and this time the lady I spoke with was very nice and after checking my account she apologised that I was not registered for the promo. I was very polite too, I told if that's the case then I need to write to confirm that I registered. She talked with her boss and told me the good news- I will receive 10000 miles in 3-4 weeks. I am happy.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: PC, WN, AA
My 20K AA miles finally posted last week. The first 10K appeared with a post date of 9/30, the second 10K with 10/1.

A couple days later, I got a message on my home phone from a WR agent saying "American Airlines has manually posted the miles to your account."
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K x6yrs, Ex-AAExecPlat, Delta 360, Mariott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AMEX Centurion, Avis First
Bogus program

I stayed 4X at 3 different WR hotel chains in Houston ... for those of you who know, WR in Houston is sort of a tour of the ghetto one star travel motels ... did it during the promotional period after having registered, etc... After four months of no miles being posted, I started calling/emailing ... was told multiple stories from different CSRs - but it all boiled down to , they had no F&^%^&%n clue about their own program ... finally e-wrote to CEO & COO at WR ... don't know if it helped or not but 1/2 the promo miles posted to my CO accout ... now I have to hassle them about the other 20K they owe me ... fun times
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I made a call to WR in mid-December telling them I did not receive the 10K miles for my 3 stays. The CSR checked my account and told me that I would get them in 5 business days. Around the end of December, I found the 10K in my UA account. I thought that's the end of story, but when I logged in today, I found another 10K from WR in my UA account. Lucky me!
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: hh diamond, cp diamond priority club plat Alaska 75k Delta Gold
why was it so hard to post the points

I have loved their promotions, but i would give them 100 more nights a year if they posted like hilton.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:07 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
My 10,000 US miles posted today, but I have little doubt it will be a battle to get the US 50% bonus considering the posting date is clearly outside the rules of the promo.

That being said, I would say there is no chance excep that I have an email dated May 19, 2009 from USAirways stating:
Originally Posted by Evan!
I suspect US will say that they can't control that WR waited until after their (US') cutoff date to post the miles. Just my prediction. US really wouldn't be in the wrong if you think about it. To me the beef will begin and end with WR. The promo from WR could have posted the miles within the time limit but WR chose to drag their a$$es.
Well, US gets a big ^^^ today.

7/31/2009 02/09/10 SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER 50% CAR & HOTEL BONUS 5,000

I'm guessing someone must have got on them about this and they fixed everyone's postings, because I never contacted them about this.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards | Priority Club
I have yet to receive my 90k miles from Wyndham to Delta. They keep giving me the run around saying they're submitting the 'excel' sheet and Delta isnt' confirming them. However, when I called Delta, they're telling they didn't receive anything excel sheet or point transfer attempts. I have been calling Wyndham at every other week and got the same thing.

Honestly, why would I stay at a chain when they can even get their act straight?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Beckles
Well, US gets a big ^^^ today.

7/31/2009 02/09/10 SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER 50% CAR & HOTEL BONUS 5,000

I'm guessing someone must have got on them about this and they fixed everyone's postings, because I never contacted them about this.
Uhhhhhhhhh... that would be..... ME! I take at least partial credit. I have a file folder full of correspondence and a log of a dozen or so phone calls. I have spoken to so many people at WR. I have faxed and re-faxed the same screen shots 3 times. I was told by several people the same excuses. Finally a registered letter to the head of the WR program. She finally understood what I have been arguing for over two months (see my previous posts). SO GLAD I took screen shots.

Oh and one more thing...

7/31/2009 02/09/10 SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER 50% CAR & HOTEL BONUS 20,000

:-::-::-::-::-:
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:31 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Uhhhhhhhhh... that would be..... ME! I take at least partial credit. I have a file folder full of correspondence and a log of a dozen or so phone calls. I have spoken to so many people at WR. I have faxed and re-faxed the same screen shots 3 times. I was told by several people the same excuses. Finally a registered letter to the head of the WR program. She finally understood what I have been arguing for over two months (see my previous posts). SO GLAD I took screen shots.

Oh and one more thing...

7/31/2009 02/09/10 SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER 50% CAR & HOTEL BONUS 20,000

:-::-::-::-::-:
Well, good work. It would have been easy for them to just fix your problem, but I like that they fixed it for everyone (both myself and a co-worker got the 5,000 mile credit, we only did one set of stays obviously), and neither of us had made an attempt to get this (I figured it was a lost cause, my co-worker never knew any better, he does what I tell him for the most part when it comes to his mileage/hotel accounts ).
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Wyndham called me yesterday and advised me AA would manually add 60K miles to my account. It was there this morning.^ Finally! It didn't go to other airlines which i switched thru-out the promo, but at least I received them!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Further update

I, too, got a call from Wyndham Rewards yesterday. They were very appologetic, but insisted that this time, no kidding, they had finally got it right.

Sure enough, I checked today, and there were those 30,000 lovely AA miles.

What the heck, it's only been about 6 months or so ...
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K x6yrs, Ex-AAExecPlat, Delta 360, Mariott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AMEX Centurion, Avis First
... a registered letter to the head of the WR program
Could you PM that contact info? ... I may need to reach out to her to get to the bottom of this fiasco ... definitely not staying at Wyndham for any of my 130+ hotel nights/yr at this rate
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:59 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by circitmage
...definitely not staying at Wyndham for any of my 130+ hotel nights/yr at this rate
shame, as if you need any BMI miles, the current 5,000 BMI miles per stay is posting flawlessly to my account and the accounts of the two associates I turned on to this promotion. Thanks Wyndham !!!

to note for those interested in the promo, only 4 stays max for the promo, meaning max one can earn is 20,000 BMI miles, (actually 22,000 as each stay nets 500 BMI miles for the rate)
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
...only 4 stays max for the promo, meaning max one can earn is 20,000 BMI miles, (actually 22,000 as each stay nets 500 BMI miles for the rate)
Potentially 24k - the crappy hotels earn 500 per night, but Ramada, for example, earns 1000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.