Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Cities/stores with "out of town visitor" discount?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Does any store still offer a discount for out of town visitors just because you're visiting? Marshall Fields and some other Chicago stores used to do that; show your driver's license at customer service to prove you were more than X miles from home and they gave you a 1 day discount card.
Old May 13, 2009, 8:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Macy's usually has a discount coupon for visitors available at customer service or from some hotel front desks. It usually gives a 11% discount with some restrictions.

TF
Old May 16, 2009, 10:14 pm

The Macy's at Horton Plaza and Fashion Valley in San Diego have this discount for visitors. Not sure where to check in FV, but at Horton Plaza, there's a visitor's lounge on the third floor, with tea, maps, etc.
Old May 27, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: Plat QFF, Gold AA, Silverseas Venetian.
Macys/Bloomies/L&T

In NYC you can get a vistors discount card at Macys, Bloomingdales and Lord & Taylor. It is 11% off, and at Bloomies if you spend over a certain $ amount they also give you a gift ( umbrella or bag ) My son lived in NYC for 6 years so every visit I made sure I got the card, I now have heaps of those bloomies black bags

The macys card can be used in macys anywhere in the US.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: HH Silver, Eurostar CarteBlanche
Overseas visitors to Macys need only to show their passport at the visitors center to get the same discount card. At the very least it pays for the sales tax!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.