Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever wash a LeSportsac

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

I have a LeSportsac purse that I like to travel with. It is a great mom bag and I used it to carry around some of my daughters fireworks last July. I was thinking that out of an abundance of caution I would wash the purse before flying and I am wondering if anyone has ever had the occasion to hand or machine wash this type of purse and how it came out. Thanks.

Last edited by yukira; Oct 23, 2008 at 2:29 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 23, 2008, 7:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I own nylon bags - not from LeSportsac, though. I clean them with Wyndex wipes. My bags look like new afterwards.

I use those wipes to clean lots of other things: suede shoes, snickers, carpet stains, etc. I'm like that guy from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", except that I use only wipes
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by yukira
I have a LeSportsac purse that I like to travel with. It is a great mom bag and I used it to carry around some of my daughters fireworks last July. I was thinking that out of an abundance of caution I would wash the purse before flying and I am wondering if anyone has ever had the occasion to hand or machine wash this type of purse and how it came out. Thanks.
I've washed a LeSportsac bag in the washing machine. Cold water, gentle cycle, no spin, drip dry. It was a whole lot cleaner (another Mom purse ) but didn't exactly look new. Maybe just slightly worn, which it was. The bath didn't cause any harm to it.

However, I have no idea how well Woolite works on explosives.

p.s. make sure you take the crayons out first, they definitely don't wash well.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MariaSF
I use those wipes to clean lots of other things: suede shoes, snickers, carpet stains, etc. I'm like that guy from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", except that I use only wipes
I'm like that with 409 - it's my "go-to" cleaner and works both as a bug spray and to de-stinkify man-shoes.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I think I will try the Windex wipes since I have a whole packet at home. Do you think they will remove any explosive residue?

I love this bag, I can carry my own toys (gps, gameboy, camera) plus extra socks, panties, a jacket, snacks, juice box, toys, etc. and still carry it around without injuring myself unlike my leather purse.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I've machine washed my LeSportsSac bags many times with no problems at all. I line dry them. None have leather or any fancy trims.

They were my travel bags of choice until I got into using bags from RedOxx. RedOxx bags are not washable, but are much more substantial.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

oldpenny - I checked out the Redoxx site. What great looking stuff. The little travel basket is going to be a great stocking stuffer for my mom and dad.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
there are lots of discussions about RedOxx products on the Travel Products thread under Travel & Dining. That's how I found out about it.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Just a warning.

I am a rollerboard person. Based on the threads on the Travel Products I bought the RedOxx. Loaded it up, carried it around the house, unloaded it, shipped it back..... These things are fairly heavy empty which is why they are so sturdy! Full it was too much!
Old Oct 25, 2008, 4:01 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I had them, yes, machine wash cold, hang dry. I wash my Baggalini tote after every air trip (after all, it was on a scuzzy airplane floor or train floor) same way. Also washed my microfiber healthy back bag same way.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 4:03 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MariaSF
I clean them with Wyndex wipes.
What are Wyndex wipes? Any relation to Windex? The spray unfortunately makes me sick so I just use vinegar to clean the house.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.