Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Two passport in different names

Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:11 am
SG5
Original Poster

Hi,

I will be traveling to Brazil in a couple of months and my Brazil passport is in my maiden name while my US passport is in my married name. My plane ticket is issued under my married name, so will I come across any issues when going through Brazil customs? I've read in some threads that if I bring my marriage license, then there should be no issues clearing customs in Brazil or checking in at the airport when leaving Brazil. I would greatly appreciate feedback from any of your prior experiences with a similar situation. Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:10 pm

I'm thinking you might get an answer to your question if this was posted in the South America or Travel Buzz forum.

Bobette
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SG5
Hi,

I will be traveling to Brazil in a couple of months and my Brazil passport is in my maiden name while my US passport is in my married name. My plane ticket is issued under my married name, so will I come across any issues when going through Brazil customs? I've read in some threads that if I bring my marriage license, then there should be no issues clearing customs in Brazil or checking in at the airport when leaving Brazil. I would greatly appreciate feedback from any of your prior experiences with a similar situation. Thanks!
That has worked before.

1. Check-in with the airline using your US passport.
2. When the airline rep looks for a Brazilian visa, then show the airline rep your Brazilian passport. [If the check-in rep makes an issue about the Brazilian passport name, then show the marriage certificate.]
3. On arrival to Brazil, show your Brazilian passport to Brazilian passport control.
4. On departure from Brazil, check-in with the airline rep by using your US passport.
5. After check-in for the flight leaving Brazil, show your Brazilian passport to Brazilian passport control.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:39 pm
SG5
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. That puts my mind more at ease!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.