Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Non-liquid/non-gel toiletries and makeup products

Non-liquid/non-gel toiletries and makeup products

Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Originally Posted by kuroneko
Is something like Nivea Creme now being allowed? I wouldn't call it a liquid, lotion, or gel--much thicker consistency.

I doubt it would be allowed because I don't think the screeners have time to analyze the exact consistency of each product. If lotions and ointments and gels are not allowed, creams probably are not allowed either.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:08 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
Originally Posted by lalala
Anyone want to total the dollar amount of products we have lost to this madness?
Not to mention what we're spending to comply with new regulations that could change at any time.

GG
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by pbjag
(one client had to toss $600 of Sisley products - yikes!)
OMG, that's ridiculous! Now, I have to ask, because I wasn't in the airports during this time- why didn't she just check the products in her bag, and at least take the risk that they might be stolen, versus just tossing them? Maybe it was just the mayhem or confusion?

GG
Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:39 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
"why didn't she just check the products in her bag, and at least take the risk that they might be stolen, versus just tossing them?"

I dunno about you, but I'm rarely early enough to either make the 45-minute cutoff for checked bags nor have time to track down a mailbox. (The one time I needed one, it was at the other end of an hour-long security line.) Of course, $600 might be worth waiting for the next flight.

My contribution to the thread: sunblock in a stick. However, it's waxy -- the Banana Boat Kids one looks like that purple glue stick stuff -- and might not pass muster. (Neither, then, would pomade in a stick.)

Last edited by paytonc; Aug 15, 2006 at 12:49 pm
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:04 pm

I have sunblock wipes that I will carry. Just thought of a possible substitute for toothpaste - listerine film strips with toothbrush?
Tubes with Concealer as a substitute (pretty awful maybe) for makeup? since we can now bring lipsticks on board
I am still not sure what is a "solid" lipstick? Does this mean the usual color "waxy stick" in the tube that you rotate up?

I really do not want to check my bags, more luggage being checked means stressed systems and more likelihood of losing bags - I don't have time for the usual wait let alone added time
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:31 pm

I went to Target yesterday to buy all manner of solid/powder items for my trip tomorrow.

I bought a Neutrogena powder mineral foundation and a Maybelline concealer stick in the hopes that both will be allowed on. If not, at least they're relatively cheap. I plan on packing those with my 99 cent Rimmel powder blush.

I'm my checking bag TO my destination, so I have a mostly empty bottle of moisturizer and a 1/2 tube of travel sized toothpaste, both of which I'll jettison if necessary on my return when I carry my bag on. I hope this works!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
good luck!

Originally Posted by Buster
I went to Target yesterday to buy all manner of solid/powder items for my trip tomorrow.

I bought a Neutrogena powder mineral foundation and a Maybelline concealer stick in the hopes that both will be allowed on. If not, at least they're relatively cheap. I plan on packing those with my 99 cent Rimmel powder blush.

I'm my checking bag TO my destination, so I have a mostly empty bottle of moisturizer and a 1/2 tube of travel sized toothpaste, both of which I'll jettison if necessary on my return when I carry my bag on. I hope this works!
I bought a couple packages of really minty sugar free chewing gum. Last resort for a fresh mouth with no tooth paste at hand.

Let us know how it goes, please!

Last edited by oldpenny16; Aug 15, 2006 at 7:31 pm Reason: Oh, I'm so sorry!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:31 pm

Programs: United 1P, HH Gold, Starwood Gold, Delta, AA
Red face Lush

Originally Posted by bamboola
... include solid shampoo and conditionner. Glad I bought some a few months ago.
Lush also makes solid cleansers, and solid deodorants
They smell lovely too!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
Originally Posted by evilflierwoman
Lush also makes solid cleansers, and solid deodorants
They smell lovely too!
Burt's Bees makes shampoo bars too (might be more readily available to most folks)
Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

Here's an interesting range of tooth powders. I've got some 12 hour international flights coming up, and I definitely need something I can carry onboard.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I bought a couple packages of really minty sugar free chewing come. Last resort for a fresh mouth with no tooth paste at hand.

It comes in a new flavor?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by brendamc
It comes in a new flavor?
Bwah! I wasn't going to say anything. But...BWAH!!!

GG
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Here's an interesting range of tooth powders. I've got some 12 hour international flights coming up, and I definitely need something I can carry onboard.
Had my first tooth powder experience after arriving in GRU with no security issues in sfo or ord. It reinforces my belief in rational markets. There is a reason, absent of TSA, that of the 100 sku spaces alotted for tooth pastes, gels, and powders, only one is set aside for powders. Do not buy tooth powder stock unless you think the TSA ban is permanent.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Omni Hotels providing what we need!

Omni Hotels seems to "get" what is different about women travelers.

I was just checking rates for an upcoming Chicago trip and saw on their website that they are now providing complimentary facial cleansers, women's cosmetics, hair products, contact lens solution, sunscreen, even nail polish and remover for their guests.

http://www.omnihotels.com/AboutOmniH...ssRelease.aspx

^ ^ ^

Now, if they only had more locations.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GeoGirl
OMG, that's ridiculous! Now, I have to ask, because I wasn't in the airports during this time- why didn't she just check the products in her bag, and at least take the risk that they might be stolen, versus just tossing them? Maybe it was just the mayhem or confusion?

GG
Don't know the details, but I did hear that in the confusion on Thursday some people were not informed until they reached security -- and their bags had already been checked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.