Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Non-liquid/non-gel toiletries and makeup products

Non-liquid/non-gel toiletries and makeup products

Old Aug 13, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
Originally Posted by Buster
What do we suppose a "solid lip gloss" is? Is that like a pot of lip gloss rather than one applied with a wand? Or are they talking about lip gloss sticks that are more like lip pencils?
On today's rules specifically allowing lip gloss if solid....I bet we women might naturally overthink what the bureaucrats intended to convey. Keeping it simple, I'd bet they meant Chapstick, or the like, is ok as of today. If it twists to push a little more of the product out, then it's allowed.

Just my guess.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL PM
I've never tried this myself, but Eliz.Arden 8hr cream is always getting recommended to me and it is a thick gel like consistency but maybe if applied before a long flt, it would keep us moisturized enough? Does anyone use this product already? Still would have to figure out something for the lips other than just pencil unless I can find a very moisturizing one.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 5:18 pm

On Northwest a few years ago in business class, had moisturizer and liquid spray refresher in addition to liquid soap. Would be great if airlines put this in the lavs - but that would be another expense for already finacially difficult times
Seems like a really good opportunity for toothpaste companies to supply hotels with small samples for all of the rooms
Old Aug 13, 2006, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Found some cheaper mascara cake options at amazon didn't check to see if they were in stock
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs...s=cake+mascara

This is a great thread, I don't travel for two more weeks so I hope things will lighten up even further
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAirpass
Powder Foundation

So will Chanel Double Perfection Compact Powder Makeup be ok for carry-on? I had heard Prescriptives had a powder foundation but it's not out yet. My husband & I are going on vacation in a week and we usually just do carry-on but I just don't see how we will be able to bypass checking luggage. Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

My guess is that any powder/foundation in a compact with a mirror will pass the test.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:59 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Paula Dorf makes a really good cake mascara. You can get it on beauty.com and free shipping right now.

I'm calling the dermatologist again tomorrow and getting a Rx moisturizer. I waited 45 minutes in the muck of Seatac today to claim my bag and I fly again this week.

Anyone want to total the dollar amount of products we have lost to this madness?

lala
Old Aug 14, 2006, 3:34 am

Estee Lauder Stress Relief Facial and Eye masks

Moisturization: On long-haul flights I've been known to pack a couple of Estee Lauder Stress Relief Facial and Eye masks to use in-flight during sleep time. These are facial and undereye sheets soaked in a hydrating liquid that you can apply over your face and under your eyes and leave on while you relax or snooze. They are individually pacakaged in foil packets. Love these--they really do seem to make a difference in my skin hydration after a long-haul.

You just have to get over the self-consciousness of wearing them (which is why I use them only during sleep time) and obviously, they are rather impractical if you are wearing makeup.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
dollar value lost:

Originally Posted by lalala
Paula Dorf makes a really good cake mascara. You can get it on beauty.com and free shipping right now.

I'm calling the dermatologist again tomorrow and getting a Rx moisturizer. I waited 45 minutes in the muck of Seatac today to claim my bag and I fly again this week.

Anyone want to total the dollar amount of products we have lost to this madness?

lala
very good question, but impossible to calculate. Time lost trying to figure things out, ditto!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:14 am
x2y

saline solutions as not allowed
Try "lens rewetting drops" (any brand). They are good for soft lenses and come in 1/2 oz or 1 oz bottles. I think as long as it doesn't say "saline" in the name, it won't be a problem.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
News said this morning tube lipstick is allowed.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:43 am

Has anyone used any of the DHC powders? They look intriguing. I've used other DHC products and liked them...I'm tempted to order one and give it a go.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
very good question, but impossible to calculate. Time lost trying to figure things out, ditto!
I told the sales reps at the Chanel counter they should contact the concierges at local luxury hotels and offer to deliver replacements to incoming guests that had had to toss their cosmetics and skin care. They loved the idea - also mentioned that a few of their clients had already called to have them ship replacements (one client had to toss $600 of Sisley products - yikes!)
Old Aug 14, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by balthus99
So will Chanel Double Perfection Compact Powder Makeup be ok for carry-on? I had heard Prescriptives had a powder foundation but it's not out yet. My husband & I are going on vacation in a week and we usually just do carry-on but I just don't see how we will be able to bypass checking luggage. Thanks.
I'll find out this week!

Laura Mercier has a powder foundation I have used before - but the compacts did not hold up to the rigors of travel.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:38 am

Solid Creme Moisturizer?

Is something like Nivea Creme now being allowed? I wouldn't call it a liquid, lotion, or gel--much thicker consistency.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.