Midwest Destination Spas

Old Jul 12, 06, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Midwest Destination Spas

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought a bunch of women might know the answer.

My mom and I are looking to take a spa vacation in the next couple of weeks for 3 or 4 days. We'd like to go somewhere where my dad can also golf and they can drive from Minneapolis (I will fly in to meet them). The kicker -- if my dad comes they have to bring the dog. Without my dad and the dog, my mom has to fly or I have to fly into Minneapolis to meet her rather than the destination of the spa since she won't drive more than an hour by herself. If my dad and the dog can come, I think I'm more likely to be able to talk her into this. (My mother's dog is her third child, and while my parents travel a lot, she has recently gotten fussy about staying at other people'se houses.)

Kohler unfortunately doesn't accept dogs They suggested a nearby kennel, but that SO wouldn't fly with my mom. We've been to Birdwing and were not particularly impressed with it. Are we out of luck?

I found online Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, which could be an okay option, since Lake Geneva is always a nice place to visit, but the "resort" looks like nothing special. Has anybody been?
Old Jul 13, 06, 5:07 am

Programs: Delta, UA, SPG
I have stayed at this resort and used the spa as well. You are correct the resort itself is OK but nothing like Kohler - spa is in a seperate building than the main resort (only a short walk across the parking lot) and does a nice job with its services. Golf course is nice!

Have you considered looking into renting one of the time-share condos there? This might be an answer to the dog - although I don't know that they allow dogs.

Last edited by ME1st; Jul 13, 06 at 5:22 am
Old Jul 13, 06, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ME1st
Have you considered looking into renting one of the time-share condos there? This might be an answer to the dog - although I don't know that they allow dogs.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have not been there before so I didn't realize that they had time shares there, although these days it doesn't really surprise me!
Old Jul 13, 06, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sundara Spa's in the Dells is amazing, but like most spa's won't allow pets. Perhaps you and your mom can stay there while your dad stays at one of the golf resorts in the dells?
Old Jul 19, 06, 11:29 am
Original Poster

I'm not familiar with that and haven't been to the Dells in years. I'll keep it in mind for the future; my mom has decided she's not in a travelling mood at the moment, so I'm heading to MN where after 5 years of living in New York I still go to get my facials!
Old Jul 19, 06, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kersie
I'm not familiar with that and haven't been to the Dells in years. I'll keep it in mind for the future; my mom has decided she's not in a travelling mood at the moment, so I'm heading to MN where after 5 years of living in New York I still go to get my facials!

The Dells have gone upscale a bit; especially Sundara where a decent room is around $450 a night
Old Jul 21, 06, 8:08 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
Originally Posted by kersie
...so I'm heading to MN where after 5 years of living in New York I still go to get my facials!
OK, must know where you go that's so great it's worth the trip!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: