Search

Facial Hydration?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Rewards Plat; Hertz 5*
Facial Hydration?

Hi All,
I am fairly new to FT. Anyway, I did a search, and I came up with nothing, so any help is appreciated.

I fly a lot- almost every week- and my skin tends to feel dry during the flight regardless of how much moisturizer I use. I usually have to get off the plane and go straight to meetings- and sometimes fly with coworkers, so flying without makeup is not an option.

What do you do to keep your skin from getting too de-hydrated? I remember Evian used to make a mist (but I haven't been able to find it).
I just bought an Aveda Toning Mist (I hope it helps).

Any suggestions/ product reviews?

Thanks!
MsRoRo
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Evian still does make its water mist:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

I use these on longer flights. Not sure that they're life changing, but they do seem to help your skin feel moister, and, for a least a couple minutes, provide some extra humidity for your nose and sinuses.

Sephora is the only place I've ever seen them. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting to one at a local mall or in NYC.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 9:08 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Check this thread for some great tips from the women on this forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497159
Old May 1, 2006, 4:46 am

I usually fly long-haul and don't have to go to a meeting right after the flight, but when I do (and even when I don't), I regularly use one of these facial mists from the Body Shop during the flight:

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/...oryId=cat30014

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/...oryId=cat30014

I have oily skin, so I usually blot my face first with an oil blotting paper, spray, let dry and re-touch my makeup (if I am wearing any). The mists are very refreshing and I am alway surprised at what a difference they make.
Old May 1, 2006, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Rewards Plat; Hertz 5*
Thanks! I was in Sephora yesterday and didn't see the Evian spray- I will ask for it next week (it is only a few blocks from my apt).

I will check out the other thread and the recommendations here.

Thanks again!!!
Old May 1, 2006, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
When I'm flying a mid-con or longer, I use a layer of BioElements' Jet Travel http://www.bioelements.com/jsp/product.jsp?id=1082 underneath my moisturizer.
Old May 2, 2006, 3:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC
Layering works well...first spray, then moisturizer. I do that for long haul trips. Many business classes give out amenities bags that have a nice face spray. When I'm lucky enough to go biz class, I retain these for later use and make up my own kit.

Lorna
Old May 3, 2006, 4:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I use a moisturizing cream called Creme De LaMer. If you use this under your makeup you won't need moisturizing sprays. It is the best product I have ever used. When flying my face stays nice and moisturized. It's very expensive, but I get it on e-bay for about $80.00 an oz. All you need is a tiny bit and it lasts all day. I've waisted sooo much money on moisturizers until I found this. It is very worth the price and it really helps with those fine lines.
Old May 3, 2006, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; CO Plat; HH Diamond; Adm Club
I used to be a fan of Prescriptives "Flight cream" - I don't know if they make it anymore.

Now I use a Nars product called "Hydrating Moisture Cream" - it's very rich and it feels good on my skin.
Old May 4, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: I fly UA, drive Hertz and sleep around...
I ditto the endorsement of the Evian Brumisateur, which is available at Ulta in addition to Sephora.

As for moisturizer, I've become a big fan of Olay's Regenerist Serum. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I have oily/combo skin, which usually looks drawn and aged after a long flight, but this stuff seems to do wonders.
Old May 4, 2006, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I'm a big fan of Olay Regenerist Serum

Originally Posted by CateyBeth
I ditto the endorsement of the Evian Brumisateur, which is available at Ulta in addition to Sephora.

As for moisturizer, I've become a big fan of Olay's Regenerist Serum. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I have oily/combo skin, which usually looks drawn and aged after a long flight, but this stuff seems to do wonders.
In fact, the whole line of those products by Olay. They are reasonal in price, come in travel sizes (enough for 7 days at least) and you can get AA miles for buying them via AA eshopping at Drugstore.com.
Old May 5, 2006, 2:57 pm
formerly fkhatibloo

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Omni Select
I also like La Mer

At home, La Mer is my night cream, and I use Physiodermie Regenerating Oil during the day (I have very annoying eczema on my cheeks).

I always pack a little bitty jar of La Mer in my carry-on, along with a small spray bottle of Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner. I spritz on the toner, and follow with a dab of the cream.

I probably spend too much on skin care, but I swear these are the only products I've found that really reduce the redness in my cheeks, and don't cause acne.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.