Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Friend Selling Arbonne Cosmetics?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott

Has anyone ever heard of them? They're from Switzerland & blah blah blah blah... I have a friend selling the line (don't you just hate that?!) & if they're good, I'll give it a try, but if not, I hate to invest & get stuck. She gave me samples of everything, but I just can't tell anything after 4 days & it seems like a whole lot of steps.
Old May 17, 2005, 2:02 pm

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
Sorry I can't help on the line of cosmetics but I can commiserate on friends who go into these businesses then expect us to assist in their pyramid schemes. I was invited to a candle party last weekend and felt no guilt at all about making up a transparent excuse not to go.
Old May 18, 2005, 5:01 pm

I haven't tried the line, but I've heard from friends that it's wonderful and worth every penny. If I try it out, I'll come back and post if I like it or not.
Old May 18, 2005, 8:59 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Originally Posted by Ginger K
I was invited to a candle party last weekend and felt no guilt at all about making up a transparent excuse not to go.
My friend dragged me to her friends candle party but they weren't selling candles. https://www.foryourpleasure.net//forms/frm_items.aspx
Old May 19, 2005, 7:32 am

I use it, I like it, I could sell it

A friend of mine had a party quite a while ago, and since I was ready to change products anyway, I tried the basic skin care package, and have since started using some of their makeup products (I love the foundation and mascara). I really like the products that I use. Enough so that I signed up as an 'independent consultant'. However, there are some things in their product lines that I probably will never try.

I have absolutely no intent of having parties to sell the stuff even though as a consultant I'm probably supposed to do that. (I hate those kinds of 'parties', and only went to the friend's party because I didn't realize that was what it was going to be). Mostly, I signed up because it's a lot easier and cheaper to reorder under my own name than to have her submit an order for me.
Old May 19, 2005, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelCharlie
A friend of mine had a party quite a while ago, and since I was ready to change products anyway, I tried the basic skin care package, and have since started using some of their makeup products (I love the foundation and mascara). I really like the products that I use. Enough so that I signed up as an 'independent consultant'. However, there are some things in their product lines that I probably will never try.

I have absolutely no intent of having parties to sell the stuff even though as a consultant I'm probably supposed to do that. (I hate those kinds of 'parties', and only went to the friend's party because I didn't realize that was what it was going to be). Mostly, I signed up because it's a lot easier and cheaper to reorder under my own name than to have her submit an order for me.
Could you give me more details - why you like it, what kind of skin problems it has helped, what products you used before. Sorry, but I have to know all this stuff before I switch over to something new! TIA!
Old May 20, 2005, 7:11 am

I use the Skin Basics Normal to Dry (the entire face care line), the Awaken Body Lotion and Salt Scrub (love the scent), and the hand lotion. I've tried the NutriMin C-RE9 products (samples only, not regularly) but at the time I tried them I didn't want to spend the money on them. I have heard that they're really good. I also have a friend who has pretty bad acne, and she had some pretty good results with the Clear Advantage line. I like the foundation and mascara, but the blush I have to be careful with because it's easy to get it on too heavy. I've tried the Basic body lotion but wasn't impressed. I have some sunscreen that I haven't tried yet.

Before this I was using mostly Clinique products with a couple of Origins products mixed in.

What I've noticed:

With a lot of other face cleansers that I've used in the past, I absolutely had to use a moisturizer after. It always seemed like the cleanser stripped everything off my face. The Arbonne cleanser doesn't do that, so I can get by without using very much moisturizer afterwards. I never used a masque or facial scrub much before, but since they were included in the basic set, I have been using them and I do like them.

I do think that the Arbonne products have kept my skin looking younger (I'm 47), and it just looks healthier. I don't know any better way to describe it. The foundation blends in the best of any that I've ever used, and the mascara doesn't clump and doesn't flake off and looks natural. And comes off easily with the cleanser.

I've never been a big consumer of cosmetics, and I've never been this loyal to any single brand before.
Old May 20, 2005, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelCharlie
I use the Skin Basics Normal to Dry (the entire face care line), the Awaken Body Lotion and Salt Scrub (love the scent), and the hand lotion. I've tried the NutriMin C-RE9 products (samples only, not regularly) but at the time I tried them I didn't want to spend the money on them. I have heard that they're really good. I also have a friend who has pretty bad acne, and she had some pretty good results with the Clear Advantage line. I like the foundation and mascara, but the blush I have to be careful with because it's easy to get it on too heavy. I've tried the Basic body lotion but wasn't impressed. I have some sunscreen that I haven't tried yet.

Before this I was using mostly Clinique products with a couple of Origins products mixed in.

What I've noticed:

With a lot of other face cleansers that I've used in the past, I absolutely had to use a moisturizer after. It always seemed like the cleanser stripped everything off my face. The Arbonne cleanser doesn't do that, so I can get by without using very much moisturizer afterwards. I never used a masque or facial scrub much before, but since they were included in the basic set, I have been using them and I do like them.

I do think that the Arbonne products have kept my skin looking younger (I'm 47), and it just looks healthier. I don't know any better way to describe it. The foundation blends in the best of any that I've ever used, and the mascara doesn't clump and doesn't flake off and looks natural. And comes off easily with the cleanser.

I've never been a big consumer of cosmetics, and I've never been this loyal to any single brand before.
Thank you very much - exactly the info I was looking for - I'm 47 too, so good to hear from someone who's coming from the same place! I wonder why, though, you never hear about them.
Old May 20, 2005, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA, US, NW, Hertz, Avis, all the hotels
My cousin is a district mgr with them so I figured I'd give it a try and see if I liked the stuff. I really like it. I have some of the NutriMin C line and they are expensive but they are more than double the size of the Murad line I use and I use less each time than I do with my other products. My cousin uses the entire NutriMin C line and looks great.

I love the eyeliner and the mascara (doesn't give you raccoon eyes the way some other products do -- even if you leave it on overnight by mistake )

I also LOVE the hand cream (just the basic purchase with purchase stuff) and the Awaken sea salt scrub.

To reply to someone who posted earlier (I apologize for not remembering who...) I also can't stand the people with the attitude of "you are my friend/family and therefor you should buy from me" I have a friend who got into a sales opportunity that I had absolutely no (may I repeat no) interest in and was bent out of shape when I wouldn't buy anything from her... whatever.
Old May 21, 2005, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hilton HHonors, Flying Saucer UFO Club
I have yet to attend a party, but I am being supportive of a friend who's selling Arbonne in order to finance college.

I've tried the Enzyme Thermal Fusion Masque and love it! It makes my skin feel really soft. I also think it's entertaining how it turns my face bright red for a while. It makes me feel likes it's really doing something!

In hopes of getting my hubby to quit using a bar of soap on his face, I've ordered him the new men's skin care set, NutriMenC.

I tried the hand lotion, but I don't really dig on the scent.
Old May 23, 2005, 9:49 am
Original Poster

I'm still fighting break-outs & now wrinkles - ugh!! Seems the samples made my skin worse bump-wise, but it could have been something else. Anyone have any input?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:18 pm

Exclamation

Hi Brenda_

I am new to this site and so forgive me if I am not up to speed. I did want to comment about your post as far as Arbonne goes. It is a wonderful product. I tried it once and was hooked. It is a fantastic skincare line and you all would not believe what is in the makeup and skincare lines out there. All's I can say is READ your packaging and look up the ingredients and you will never put that stuff on your face again! I would be happy to tell anyone who is interested what can be found in your beauty products and why you should be wary of what you use. My husband works for a company who is a chemical cybrary and when he looked up those ingredients we both went through our product and threw out all the bad stuff. Our skin is much better for it and we are healthier too!! Whether you go with Arbonne or not just make certain to educate yourself on what your skincare products contain. And also, if the samples didn't work perhaps you should try another type (Arbonne has several different skincare lines for different skin types) I know when I first tried it it made me break out to and I always have very nice skin, I think my skin was just popping out some of the impurities from the other crap I had tried before Arbonne. I hope you will have good luck with it, it really is great stuff!! Best of luck!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Arbonne
Originally Posted by brendamc
I'm still fighting break-outs & now wrinkles - ugh!! Seems the samples made my skin worse bump-wise, but it could have been something else. Anyone have any input?
The ingredients in theory should be gentle for most peoples skin. Im one of those lucky people who breaks out when I change face soaps or routines. my first 4 days saw a change in my skin (lost my bumps and skin was super soft and smooth) but I broke out for 2 days and then cleared up and has been glowing since. People notice. I find the samples are good but if you have sensitive skin it really takes a week. If you want to try for a full week Id ask your consultant for a gold bag before you buy. This will be a weeks supply so you can really see how it effects your skin. If the bumps dont start to clear up Id talk to your consultant about switching and trying the other face cleansing line.

**If the bumps are red bumpy and itchy ot may be a reaction. Bumps ad pimples are normal as your skin adjusts but anything more than that may be an irritation.**

Hope this helped 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.