Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do you have any favorite soaps, lotions, etc from hotel rooms?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat

I absolutely love the soap, lotion and shampoo from Ritz Carlton. I will even take the used bar of soap home with me rather than see it go to waste. I also have fond memories of a green apple ayervedic shampoo from a hotel in India. Last week, I stayed at the Radisson Manchester Airport and I like the bath gel and lotion there but hated that it came in containers that could not be reclosed. Anybody else have any favorites?
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:24 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
3ata: How did they know what ayervedic products to put in your room? Do they ask what your dosha is?

My son got hooked on Hermes after using their products at the St. Regis in Rome. I find them too strongly scented for me, but their product placement has still caused me to shell out quite a bit for them for Zach.

I like the Aveda products that are in Ws, but not enough to buy them over the things I regularly use at home.

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 11, 2004 at 10:27 am
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Not a hotel room (although I think some carry them), but the suites on Silversea all have Bulgari eau Tea Vert amenities - got totally hooked on this stuff & now also use the Blue for a winter/evening scent.

I also love Aveda Rosemary/Mint, but never seem to get around to buying it at home.

PH Paris carries Blaise Mautin lotion - smells scrumptious. Wish I'd hunted some more down when I was there.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:55 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I like the Molton brown stuff that BA and the Westin use.

The Loewe lotions and soaps that the PH Madrid and my cheaper Dolphin Square hotel in London carried are really nice and lightly scented.

I have become slightly addictied to some Origins products due to the AA tie in.

I loathe the Hyatt's portico lemon verbena stuff. I used to like it, but its harsh.

As for the stuff at the PH Paris, I wasn't that crazy about it, it seemed very masculine for me. However, the colors were perfect for the bathroom, n'est-ce pas?

lala
Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:48 am
Community Director Emerita

There is a great thread in the Luxury Hotel forum on the same topic.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:52 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Not all of us can afford to even read the luxury hotel thread.

lala
Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There is a great thread in the Luxury Hotel forum on the same topic.
This thread reminded me of that one -- thanks for linking!

This will probably elicit a few chuckles because it's not a "high end" product, but the Marriott in LIH has a great passionfruit-scented lotion -- it just smells quite YUMMY! Sometimes it's nice to have one of those lightly yummy-scented lotions to have with you. Similarly, I love a lotion from the Grand Floridian Spa which is Ruby Red Grapefruit scented (they have the whole line but I only bought the moisturizing lotion, bath/shower gel & shower scrub).
Old Jun 11, 2004, 12:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by letiole
3ata: How did they know what ayervedic products to put in your room? Do they ask what your dosha is?
When staying at a hotel in Trivandrum, my Indian friend actually read the label on the ammenity shampoo - it guaranteed shiny, black hair. She had quite a chuckle imagining what her white-bread middle-america traveling companions were going to look like at dinner. Un/Fortunately, it didn't live up to it's guarantee and we arrived with our usual blonde and brown tresses.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA
I LOVE the Lord&Mayfair Almond body lotion. I nearly bought a whole case of it over a wholesaler, but with shipping and everything it would have been more expensive than staying a few more nights in the hotel and getting a fresh batch every day.

Hey, I still have 2 bottles of the Westin Shampoo somewhere, lol, trade it against the Almond body lotion.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:39 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I'm a fan of the Rosemary Mint Aveda products from the W, and the Lemon Verbena scented stuff from Hyatt.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 12:45 am

I love the Aesop line found at Park Hyatt Tokyo.
Gentle Scalp Cleansing Shampoo, Revitalising Hair Sealing Conditioner and the Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser. It suits my hair perfectly. Very expensive in Japan, more affordable in Australia.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 5:25 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
The Boca Raton resort had heavenly peach shampoo the 2 times I was there. The second time I actually broke down and bought a bottle in their gift shop- it cost about triple what I usually spend on shampoo.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 5:18 am

Ooooo yes - the Roger and Gallet yummies from the NYC Sofitel...I still have some! And they keep putting LOADS in the room...
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:21 am

Yes, Aveda, Molton Brown, Portico and all the Hilton Waikaloa Village Spa products, among others.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not high-end at all, but the MGM Grand and Treasure Island's lotion is the only stuff I've found that I can use on my hands. It's the only lotion I can use on my hands that provides moisture, but goes away completely - no greasy hands afterwards.

From the cheapest junk to the high-end stuff, I haven't found anything else that works as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.