Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Bra's...what's more important?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2003, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex UA PremEx

I found these great bra's yesterday, I put it on and fell in love. They are so **** comfortable. The only problem is..the don't keep me as perky as my previous bras.

Being well endowed it's incerdibly hard to find a comfortable bra so now I am wondering..should I sacrifice a little perkiness for comfort and what's more important to others?

Old Aug 2, 2003, 5:23 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Have you ever been professionally sized Feebster? I'm pretty well endowed myself (38G) and I used to HATE wearing a bra because it was always so uncomfortable. You don't want to know how many times I didnt even make it out of the office parking lot without taking one off and shoving it in the glove compartment. I finally went to Nordstroms and was fitted. Even in the correct size, they can be uncomfortable if they werent made for your particular shape. I went through several brands with the sales lady before finding a brand that works for my size and shape.

I like the Chantelle brand, but they're pretty pricey and don't compensate for the fact that I'm a little heavier on one side than the other. With the alterations it needs, it can easily end up running $80 per bra.

I find that the Lunaire sports bra's are comfy, affordable ($30) AND keep me well perked ..They just arent the prettiest things you've ever seen.

I guess to specifically answer your question... as long as you feel like you're being well supported, comfort is king!

[This message has been edited by missydarlin (edited 08-02-2003).]
Old Aug 2, 2003, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by missydarlin:
...I find that the Lunaire sports bra's are comfy, affordable ($30) AND keep me well perked ..They just arent the prettiest things you've ever seen...</font>
I've heard really good things about one of the sports bras over at Roadrunner, made by Enelle (I think that's it). Like you said, not the prettiest thing in the world but extremely supportive. In addition to Roadrunner, I believe you can also get them online at both Activa and Title9.

As for non sports bras (i.e., both my every day & "date" ones ), I'm a V.S. girl all the way. Support is key, but comfort is equally as important!
Old Aug 2, 2003, 8:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As long as it is appropriately supporting you then go for it. I am rather well endowed and the one thing I can't stand is when I see others with big ones and you can see the outline of a person's bra and the strap across their back is practically above their shoulder blades because it isn't holding everything in place.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just discovered Wacoal and have fallen in love. They are so incredibly comfortable. I've even hooked my mom on them.

They come in all sizes and sytles to accommodate all size women. Like Chantelle, they can be pricey.

If you have a Nordstrom nearby, try them to be professionally sized.

Mary
Old Aug 2, 2003, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Interesting thread! (BingoSF and I were discussing this topic last night over drinks.)

I may have to find a new style again (or at least be refitted). I'm going from having a bit of "overhang" to having loose cups.

I think I have a lost a cup size. The Body by Victoria bras I love now just look dumb on me. I feel like I'm back in training bra mode.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions girls.

I have been properly fitted and found bras that are semi comfortable with great support, but these news ones I have found are just heaven...they feel like a second skin. The support is there, and it's enough but it's just not as much as I am use to, but it's not like my breasts touch the ground or anything

Mind you..I am use to wearing a supportive bra, plus a lycra crop top for additional support due to my really screwed up back. Maybe I am use to too much support.

The other thing I like about these new bras is that they are pretty. I know that's really not that important but when you have large breasts it's so hard to find bra's that make you feel sexy.

I think there is a Nordstom's up in MainPlace, so I will check out there selection next time I am up there.

Are the Lunaire sports bras also at Nordstroms?

I am heading back to Australia in mid September as my father is unwell, so I want to stock up on good bras before I leave.

Old Aug 2, 2003, 12:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
...The Body by Victoria bras I love now just look dumb on me...</font>
Techgirl, aren't those just the best! Especially the shaping demi...never had a complaint when I've worn one of those under anything Best everyday bra I've ever had. I had a coupon for one that expired this week, and the best thing was that they were running a special that if you bought anything Body by Victoria, you got another $75 worth of coupons! SCORE!

But, I need to slow down...one of my girlfriends is always with me on my VS shopping sprees and on a drunken girls night at my house decided it was time for me to come out of the closet, if you will. Let's just say that between those everyday bras, sports bras & date bras....I could go for over a month without doing laundry or wearing the same one twice! I got so much "eric" from my friends on that one...
Old Aug 3, 2003, 2:26 am

Programs: UA
I wear a german brand, Triumpf, can get them here in their in-house sales because of my adopted grandpa very decent priced (instead of 20-40 Euros between 25-50% off). They are the only under € 100,-- brands available here which caters to bigger chests and still looks good at the same time, plus no bad lines under the shirt and sooo comfortable to wear.
Now, for horseback riding there is only one bra I love, its the "No-bounce-riding-bra" by some american company. They give you a guarantee that it will not bounce when riding and they are right. This thing looks terrible, its complicated to put on, but it is soooooo good to ride in, I will get a second one when I can for sure!

Bye
Daydream (who had to learn last week that Triumpf discontinued her fav line and she was too dump to stock up on that fantastic deal in spring...... snief... hunting for a new fav style).
Old Aug 3, 2003, 10:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Feebster,

now you have me curious. What is this oh so comfortable bra. I am happy with my current "everyday" bra but if this as comfortable as you say it is I would love to check it out. Do you have a link? Is it a major manufacturer?
Old Aug 4, 2003, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I keep comfy but not perky bras for everyday wear, and slightly less comfy but "wow" bra for when I need to dress up a bit. I love Fantasie bras, which are designed for bigger boobs - though I've got one Chantelle bra I love to wear.If I know what I want, I buy direct from Bravissimo

[This message has been edited by Jenbel (edited 08-04-2003).]
Old Aug 4, 2003, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I have been working out and losing weight so my bra size is constantly changing. I need sexy, well fitting underwear but hate shelling out big bucks for the good stuff, knowing it will only fit properly for a few weeks or months.

So, I have been popping into Nordstrom Rack when I can to check out what is available for cheap. I have found some truly fabulous buys--great $80 bras for $12.97. This also gives me an opportunity to try different brands so that when I finally settle down and get to my "real size" I will have a better sense of what I really like.

There is nothing that enhances one's posture and makes one feel as sexy as truly fabulous underwear.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 12:46 am
Original Poster

The brand name is Cacique..or something close to that.

I usually buy my bras in Australia and I have not seen the brand over there. I am not sure how popular they are here.

Old Aug 5, 2003, 5:57 am

I recently had a breast reduction (3 months ago) and I have not gone out for bra shopping yet. I have another 3 months of the whole cotton, no underwire, fasten in front type things.
I am looking forward to being able to wear a bra that isn't white with straps the size of a freeway.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 8:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Feebster:
The brand name is Cacique..or something close to that.

I usually buy my bras in Australia and I have not seen the brand over there. I am not sure how popular they are here.

</font>

There used to be a Cacique line of stores in the US, sort of a very small version of Victorias Secret. However, they closed (at least the Midwest stores) about 5-6 years ago, I believe. I remember walking through the mall a month or so ago though, and seeing the name on a huge sign in the windows at Lane Bryant (I think), so maybe the brand is still around

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.