Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Home Depot Do-It-Herself Workshops

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Sign up for the FREE Do-It-Herself Workshop at Home Depot and receive a $10 gift card (Minimum purchase of $100 required).

The Workshops are July 28 and space is limited.

www.homedepotclinics.com/giftcard

I have no connection with the Home Depot other than as a consumer.

Edit to say that the $100 must be spent on 7/28 and a gift card will be sent to you later.

------------------
Help! I've fallen in status and I can't get up.

[This message has been edited by Comicwoman (edited 07-21-2003).]
Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Thanks Wendy!

I'm now signed up to learn to lay ceramic tile. I've always wanted to know how to do that.

Woo hoo!
Old Jul 24, 2003, 8:00 pm

I happened to enter a Home Depot a couple of weeks ago when they were having a Do-It-Herself evening and it was pathetic.

What a din!

Also, with all those women, it was a male store manager making all the greetings and announcements. That's not bad. Men can be managers too. But it was what he was saying. Stupid things that were as patronizing as all get out. Things like, "The real decision makers are here tonite!"

I wouldn't go to one of those events for any amount of money.

I was just there to purchase some paint and I couldn't even hear the paint clerk. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

Rita
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

The last time I went to one of those classes, it seemed like the attendees were helping each other. The lumber manager did say something like "when your husband sends you in to buy..." Little did he know half the women in the class were more likely to have a wife. Word got back to him (via someone I knew who worked there). He came back to the class on another week to explain. He said that the men won't ask questions. So if they do have a question they often send their wife in. I cut him some slack as he was willing to confess.

Home Depot does not have very many women managers. That is something that I hope that they try to correct, though as a store I prefer Lowe's...there just aren't any with 40 miles of me.

------------------
Help! I've fallen in status and I can't get up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.