Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ever go braless?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2003, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Do you ever go braless?

Good Morning!!

As some of you know I am having my breast reduction surgery this month and one of the things the Dr. said was that going down to a "B" would allow me the opportunity to go braless if I wanted. I have never ever gone braless being a "DD" and I was wondering do any of you go braless? The first time you did, did it feel strange? I think I would feel naked....
Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
As a "C" cup I find it uncomfortable and never go braless.

------------------
http://www.benjaminwagner.com
Great music!
Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I'm a B and I go braless all the time.

The biggest thing you will want to be aware of is, er, chaffing.

For that reason, I will frequently wear tank tops with no bra (or a light shelf bra built in) but you will never catch me wearing no bra under anything but silk or fine cotton.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 11:47 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
Congratulations on your surgery! I'm sure you're going to feel so much more comfortable. I think you'll really like the options that you'll have...tanks w/ shelf bras (there are so many cute ones this year), tanks w/ built-in padded bras, cotton or silk camis, or no bra at all! Be ready for the whiplash looks you'll get if a slight breeze springs up!

[This message has been edited by Ginger K (edited 04-05-2003).]
Old Apr 5, 2003, 2:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Braless - I haven't gone braless since the 6th grade. I have to wear two sports bra when I go to the gym just to keep everything in it's place

My thoughts are with you during your surgery. My sis is having BR this Thursday. I have never seen someone so excited to go under the knife. For once I am going to let her be the guinea pig and go first. I am the oldest and I always had to go first at the dentist, etc. I hope to have mine done early next year. I am working on losing weight and the doctor won't do it till my weight is stabalized and he said the more I lose the perkier they will be

[This message has been edited by prncess674 (edited 04-05-2003).]
Old Apr 5, 2003, 7:59 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Er, ladies... if its of any use to you, I am a firm supporter of the braless policy. Gotta love those 'doorbells'...

Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
I'm a B and I go braless all the time.

The biggest thing you will want to be aware of is, er, chaffing.

</font>
chaffing?? Really?? This is all so exciting...I am so looking forward to my surgery.
I know this sounds strange, but I really am excited about it!!
Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:44 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
I usually do not go braless but every now and then I do. That's what is great about having smaller breast, you do have a choice.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wingless:
I usually do not go braless but every now and then I do. That's what is great about having smaller breast, you do have a choice.</font>
Yes, and I guess that is what makes it so exciting. I am looking forward to seeing what a "B" feels like.
There have been a lot of things that I could not wear because of my large breasts and now I will have more choices.
There is the fear that I will feel strange for awhile. I have heard people say initially they wake up thinking "What have I done to myself" and I wonder if my inital reaction will be that?

Old Apr 6, 2003, 10:29 pm
iff

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pointsgirl:
There is the fear that I will feel strange for awhile. I have heard people say initially they wake up thinking "What have I done to myself" and I wonder if my inital reaction will be that?

</font>
You might have that reaction when you look at the bright red incision lines right after surgery, but when you look at yourself in a shirt and when you go to buy your first new bra, you'll be smiling for sure.

I don't think I'd been a B cup since grade school or junior high, so it was a totally amazing experience to be one after surgery! I quickly realized I needed to work on my abs & belly because there was no more "shelf" lifting my shirts out to hide them...
Old Apr 9, 2003, 11:02 am

My wife won't go braless because she then feels as if men are constantly staring at her.

KT
Old Apr 9, 2003, 8:45 pm

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
prncess674 wrote:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I have to wear two sports bra when I go to the gym just to keep everything in it's place </font>
There's no need for that! I just picked up the April issue of Real Simple magazine because it had a feature on exercise bras. They profiled three bras for large-breasted women, and I just mail ordered the one I thought I'd like best, the Enell Sports Bra, from www.enell.com. (I'm not affiliated with the company in any way!) Real Living's editors called it something you'd find in Madonna's closet -- it's pretty funky looking. And it is better than any exercise bra I've ever tried. (I'm a C+ cup and would never be able to go braless except around the house BTW.) I'm throwing away the now-useless exercise bras I wore until now.

[This message has been edited by CanuckFlyer (edited 04-10-2003).]
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My sister had her BR yesterday (Thursday). I am amazed. It looks fabulous. She has minimal swelling, no bruising and she is walking upright and we even went to Friday's Restaurant for lunch this afternoon. I think you are going to be very happy. I am anxious to see how she looks in just a few weeks. My sis is only 4'9" so toting DD around has definitly been a chore for her.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by prncess674:
My sister had her BR yesterday (Thursday). I am amazed. It looks fabulous. She has minimal swelling, no bruising and she is walking upright and we even went to Friday's Restaurant for lunch this afternoon. I think you are going to be very happy. I am anxious to see how she looks in just a few weeks. My sis is only 4'9" so toting DD around has definitly been a chore for her.</font>
I am so happy to hear your sister is doing well. I am also happy to hear she is feeling OK after the surgery and that it already looks good. This is exciting!!
I have two more weeks to wait and then it is my turn!!
Please give your sister my best and let her know I am glad she is doing well.

Old Apr 11, 2003, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I would often go braless in the 40s.

In the 60s I was a 30 DD. That was soooooooooo much fun.

Now I am old, but I remember those wonderful days. We should all do everything we can to enjoy youth (miniskirst, bikinis, etc.) when we are young and sophisticated maturity when we are old. Trust me (a very healthy, happy person who has lived a bit) on this, you don't get second chances on young. Make the best of it while you have it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.