Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP PLEASE LADIES!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2002, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
Ok, my brother to the highest bidder! My car broke down today, so anyone who knows a mechanic in London, gets my brother! He has a large appetite, but is housetrained, and can do a variety of accents! Seriously, he order a whole meal in Boston doing a Sean Connery accent which had the waitress swooning!

I have decided on Barcelona! We will however be going to Italy as well, but that will be in September, when Jenn has her first leave. I couldn't decide between the two, so I chose both! Having my cake and eating it!

I have to speak to her boss tomorrow about the date, and to confirm that it is still ok, but he has been really cool, and he is in fact going to be in on the deal, as he is going to meet me at the airport once I have surprise her, to take my car out of the short term parking!

So, now the question is, what is there to do in Barcelona? I have some idea, but any ideas on the most romantic restaurants and sights would be greatfully received!

Rest assured, you will all be given credit for all the help you have given me over the past few days!

Chat to you all soon, lets keep the thread going!
Old Mar 8, 2002, 10:12 pm

Don't forget to get a thank you gift for Jenn's CO.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 3:47 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
oooh, barcelona. I am so jealous.

Italy is always a good bet.

You are too funny and sweet to tell us about how you met the fam.

I don't need your brother, but if he was willing to emigrate, I have lots of single
straight (for me this is strange) female friends that would be happy to meet him.

lala
Old Mar 9, 2002, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Ok, so what is the next bid for my brother! Remembering he is in fact house trained and has all his own teeth!

I have bought Jenn's co a present, and I have just this minute got back from the pub with him, so he has a hangover to look forward to! I don't know, I thought Texans could hold their liquor!

Old Mar 9, 2002, 8:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Vandamm:
Ok, so what is the next bid for my brother! Remembering he is in fact house trained and has all his own teeth!
</font>
Very Funny!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2002, 7:08 am
Original Poster

And I may add, my brother and I are now gourmet chefs! it is our mothering Sunday in the UK, and we are now cooking a meal for the family!

Do we get bonus points for managing to use every single item/utensil/pan in the preparing of this meal!

Seriously, the language in the kitchen is not what I could or would want to report to you fine people! What my brother said when we burnt the first chicken would make a sailor blush!

I knew we should have kept it simple and made breakfast for two, rather than a main meal for 12!

Pizza hut here we come!

Old Mar 11, 2002, 5:33 am
Original Poster

All booked!

I have booked the Princess Sofia in Barcelona, as my parents have both stayed there and love it. It is central, so no car will be needed. Flying on British Midland next Thursday, and returning on Monday afternoon.

Jenn's suitcase is in Memphis with her, and I know it is pretty beat up, so I bought her the one like me that she wanted. I have gone to the apartment and have picked out a few of the clothes that I am packing. Luckily for me she has enough underwear to reach the moon and back (I am not complaining by the way) so I am well on the way.

I can't thank you guys enough for your help with the planning of this. I am really looking forward to the actual surprise part of it. Jenn's CO, a guy from Texas named Bobby has been great too. He has his whole family involved in this, and they are really buzzed by the whole thing.

I know have to plan some things to do in Barcelona, but I think for the most part we can wing it. I got the flights so cheap as I used to work for British Midland, and still have access to some cheap T Class fares for friends and family, so I am going to replace her old watch when I am there.

I was going to try and surprise her by buying her a watch as well, but I am sure she would want to pick that out herself. Neither of us have a fortune to spend on watches, and I still have my dad's old Omega, as it isn't broken yet and still looks good.

Anybody got any suggestions? Jenn wears an old Seiko or a fossil watch in bright orange (she is from TN and studied at UT) and I know she would like to replace them. I am looking to spend between $400 and $600.

Thanks again for all your help.

Matt
Old Mar 11, 2002, 7:14 am

I am glad you have your trip all booked. I am sure you and Jenn will have a great time on your vacation.
As far as watches go, I love Movado watches. I am not sure if there is a retailer in Barcelona.

Please keep us updated on how your trip went, and what your girlfriends reaction was.I can imagine she will be very surprised and ver happy!!

Old Mar 11, 2002, 11:01 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
oh matthew, you are amazing.

i'm still holding out for my cartier. I am almost there. Found a retailer in portland that will order me one. DP said go ahead, but gosh, other than paying for it, shouldn't she be doing some of the work?????

However, I would opt for an omega too.

I really like the lines.

Nice of you to replace the suitcase too.

You are a sweetie.

lala
Old Mar 11, 2002, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

The suitcase thing is selfish, it means if I need it, I can use it! I bought it in the summer, and I have had six trips, and only been able to use the case twice! And it won't be going to Turkey!

It is getting close now, and the plans are starting to take shape!

I am scared I am going to let something slip before the big day.

I booked my first Turkey trip as well, and will be going to visit Jenn at the end of May.

Talk to you all soon. Will update you all of the plans in the next day or so.

Bye for now, Matt
Old Mar 12, 2002, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Lalala,

If my lottery numbers come up the cartier is on its way! I have always wanted a Rolex myself. My dad got one, which is why I have his Omega! I am not too proud to accept hand me downs!

I might have my brother post on here too, as I see you are from Seattle, and my brother is going up there for a visit to stay with an old college friend, and he could do with some tips about places to go. I have never been either, but it is on my list of places to go. My ex-girlfriend is from Olympia, and I never got the chance to see where she was from.

Talk to you all soon.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 12:22 pm

Matthew,
Your brother can email me. Its in the profile.

I like Olympia. Good coffee, great farmer's market and nice central business district.

I'm thinking of a quick mileage run to London (depending on taxes), will you be around in early April?

lala
Old Mar 12, 2002, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

I will be around in early April. Jenn is flying to Turkey on April 8th, so will be at the airport that day.

Let me know when you are coming in, as I would love to say thanks for all the help you have given me. If you are here when Jenn is here, we could all go to dinner, but be careful about the surprise! I have almost let it slip once already!

Talk to you soon,
Old Mar 14, 2002, 5:15 pm

What a great site...

Definitely do NOT tell Jenn about this planned surprise... she will love it I am sure. Very Jealous ! ! !

BTW... I love London... my favourite city to visit. Going to be there in April/May... can't wait.

All the best with your BIG surprise... love to read and hear of romantic things...

You absolutely MUST tell us all about it when you return...

Old Mar 15, 2002, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Update:

Jenn gets home tomorrow morning from Memphis, and she still has no idea that we are going away! Her boss has arranged to take my car out of the short-term parking at LHR.

I have the tickets in hand, the hotel is all booked. I have her clothes at my place, and I have bought new toiletries, as when she gets home, she would have seen loads of stuff missing. My friend is going to be working that flight to upgrade us, and I have booked a car from the airport to the hotel.

Of course I know exactly what I have done, but can you guys think of anything that I have missed?

I am incredibly nervous about this whole thing. I am starting to wonder if I should tell her when she gets back. I don't want her to plan anything for when she gets back, and then have to cancel. Plus, something I didn't take into consideration, is that she is going to be leaving for Turkey on April 5th. That would mean she has quite a lot of packing and stuff to do. I didn't even think of that.

What do you think?

Matt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.