FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers-166/)
-   -   Stocking stuffer ideas? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers/2101302-stocking-stuffer-ideas.html)

QT31415 Nov 17, 2022 10:38 pm

Stocking stuffer ideas?

We don’t buy our adult kids Christmas gifts under the tree, but do manage a very nice Christmas stocking for each of them. What travel items are your favorites that would fit in a stocking?

Hoyaheel Nov 18, 2022 12:00 pm

I'm addicted to "lotions and potions" AND I adore miniatures, so you can imagine I'm addicted to travel size toiletries, as well as specialty bottles (Muji stores are fun for me in this area! I think Container store has some fun options, and I'm sure you can find any of it on amazon these days as well - though travel size toiletries can be hard to find higher end stuff, holiday gift sets are actually great places to find them - I look for good deals for myself, not as gifts ;-) I'm sure I have other ideas, so I'll let this percolate a little and come back if inspiration hits!

CDTraveler Nov 18, 2022 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by QT31415 (Post 34767150)
We don’t buy our adult kids Christmas gifts under the tree, but do manage a very nice Christmas stocking for each of them. What travel items are your favorites that would fit in a stocking?

Last year our stockings had high quality luggage tags, leather, not the flimsy paper ones that rip too easily. Also USB international plugs because everything charges via a cable these days, even my toothbrush :D

Hoyaheel Nov 19, 2022 7:50 am

Those cute leather "tacos" to corral cords? I've seen nice ones on etsy.....

SanDiego1K Nov 19, 2022 8:32 am

fuzzy socks to keep my feet warm on the plane and in hotel rooms. I'm addicted.

I love this extension cord with wrap around cord and USB ports. I even like the color as it makes it easy to find in my suitcase.

Hoyaheel Nov 19, 2022 5:38 pm

Dang it, this forum!! Just stuck that green extension cord in my cart - hubs loves lime green, that'll be perfect!

One thing we always travel with but others might think is weird, or at least unnecessary - small folding nylon shopping bags. My favorite are 1E from monoprix in France (our first are a decade old and we use the heck out of them!!) Ikea has had some, found some in London at a souvenir store - all cheap, fold into themselves or a bag the size of a deck of cards of smaller. I keep one in my purse when we travel bc I never know when it night come in handy!

CDTraveler Nov 19, 2022 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel (Post 34771242)
Dang it, this forum!! Just stuck that green extension cord in my cart - hubs loves lime green, that'll be perfect!

One thing we always travel with but others might think is weird, or at least unnecessary - small folding nylon shopping bags. My favorite are 1E from monoprix in France (our first are a decade old and we use the heck out of them!!) Ikea has had some, found some in London at a souvenir store - all cheap, fold into themselves or a bag the size of a deck of cards of smaller. I keep one in my purse when we travel bc I never know when it night come in handy!

The local Ikea had those bags on clearance for 39¢. Now even my adult offspring keeps one in his backpack so he doesn't have to pay for a plastic bag.

QT31415 Nov 20, 2022 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 34770224)
fuzzy socks to keep my feet warm on the plane and in hotel rooms. I'm addicted.

I love this extension cord with wrap around cord and USB ports. I even like the color as it makes it easy to find in my suitcase.

https://www.amazon.com/UPWADE-Protec...s%2C131&sr=8-7

I have that extension cord! In euro plug and regular. It's so handy. I ended up buying the Cadence capsules for the girls and Anker power banks and cords for the guys. Also considering it packs down to a 2 x 2 square, which is super handy with all the budget travel they do.

gretchendz Nov 21, 2022 9:21 am

One More

You can buy Delta Vacations gift cards for as low as $25. No fees! Your travel agent can help purchase for you.

rsqrott Nov 23, 2022 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel (Post 34771242)

I started doing this ages ago because I never knew when I'd need an extra bag that I could put over my shoulder. I've gotten some really cute ones from Baggu.

gretchendz Nov 23, 2022 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by rsqrott (Post 34780120)
I started doing this ages ago because I never knew when I'd need an extra bag that I could put over my shoulder. I've gotten some really cute ones from Baggu.

I go it one better...I have a large nylon ripstop zippered bag that I always place empty on the bottom of the suitcase. During the trip it serves to keep dirty clothes separate. Then, at the end of the trip we have bought too much, then I just check the dirty clothes bag as an extra checked bag. Don't ask me to admit how many times it gets used that way......

tatia Nov 23, 2022 5:23 pm

Flight 001 5-in-1 Universal Travel Adapter

Hoyaheel Nov 24, 2022 4:52 pm

Oh yes, I always pack one of my le sportsac weekender for laundry and/or souvenirs! But that's not a great shopping bag so I bring those too ;-)

rsqrott Nov 29, 2022 7:38 am

Originally Posted by gretchendz (Post 34780849)
I go it one better...I have a large nylon ripstop zippered bag that I always place empty on the bottom of the suitcase. During the trip it serves to keep dirty clothes separate. Then, at the end of the trip we have bought too much, then I just check the dirty clothes bag as an extra checked bag. Don't ask me to admit how many times it gets used that way......

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel (Post 34782902)
Oh yes, I always pack one of my le sportsac weekender for laundry and/or souvenirs! But that's not a great shopping bag so I bring those too ;-)

Yes to both! I have a small, packable duffle that I got at Eddie Bauer, folds up to about the size of a paperback. I have it in case I need to bring home more than the 1 bag I left with and it usually ends up full of dirty laundry. Check it, then everything goes immediately into the 4Ba3owash when I get home. So the duffle goes in the carry on and the tiny Baggu shopping tote goes in my personal item.
And on occasion (especially if the occasion is Duty Free) even the Baggu comes back full.

QT31415 Nov 30, 2022 3:50 pm

A friend just suggested apple air tags - the kids are flying around with their ski equipment, so air tags went into the stocking pile also! We had a mishap recently with the only bag we've checked in two years - I'm not checking bags without airtags again. My friend had checked a bag with an airtag and was able to see that it was loaded and unloaded while sitting in her seat on the plane, which is peace of mind if you've got stuff that you need for a vacation or wedding!