Community
Wiki Posts
Search

shampoo bars

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
S0

I got the Kitsch shampoo and conditioner rice water bars to try. Like rsqrott my hair is fine, and can be pretty fly-away without good conditioner. So far I feel the shampoo bar is okay and the conditioner bar is minimally adequate. I think they will be fine for travel.

Preferable to ridiculous little single use plastic containers. And those refillable tubes people swear by? I can never make them work Of course, I am not the most patient person...

I'll be using a little mesh kitchen vegetable storage bag for storage and transport.

As always, this forum costs me money. Maybe the moderators could subtitle it "The Shopping forum?"
freecia and rsqrott like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:38 pm

Trader Joe’s sells a nice shampoo bar and it doesn’t mess up my color treated hair.
Redhead and gretchendz like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: Emirates, Air France, KLM
Maybe the perfect answer for no-plastic shampoo and conditioner bars is here https://thesolidbarcompany.com/collections/hair-care for EU members and here for the USA members https://thesolidbarcompanyusa.com/collections/hair-care. I discovered these a while back when visiting the USVI, I think they were based there at that time, now they've returned to the UK and have a partner outlet in North Carolina. I've been using these for three years now and they rejuvenated my hair after many other product tries/failures. Apart from being plastic-free they're also palm oil-free and SLS, paraben, sulfate, and artificial fragrance-free making them 100% natural/vegan and great for carry on - so suit me down to the ground as I'm very eco-conscious. Worth a try!
Redhead and gretchendz like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Sephora now has Viori shampoo and conditioner bars:
viori
I really like these. The conditioner actually works well with my fine, dry hair. While I still like the Kitsch shampoo bars I have found that they have dried out a lot over time and it's getting difficult to get a good lather out of them now, Maybe that's the nature of the shampoo bars in general?
The Viori work well, both bars easily produce what I need to get my hair cleaned and conditioned without excessive rubbing. These do have fragrances, though one appears to be fragrance free.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Over the weekend I discovered that there is such a thing as powdered shampoo and conditioner. So in the interest of helping my fellow travelers I've ordered two different ones from Ulta to try.
Kenra
SexyHair

Powdered cleansers and microfoliants have become part of my go tos for travel and for daily use, if powdered shampoo and conditioner will work for me I'll be over the moon.
bamboola and gretchendz like this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rsqrott
Over the weekend I discovered that there is such a thing as powdered shampoo and conditioner. So in the interest of helping my fellow travelers I've ordered two different ones from Ulta to try.
Kenra
SexyHair

Powdered cleansers and microfoliants have become part of my go tos for travel and for daily use, if powdered shampoo and conditioner will work for me I'll be over the moon.
When clearing airport security checkpoints, are the powdered shampoo and powdered conditioner more likely to be asked for unpacking from the cabin baggage and separately scanned than solid shampoo/conditioner bars inside the baggage?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:59 pm

Kenra
SexyHair

Report back on how you liked them?

Last edited by CDTraveler; Jul 23, 2023 at 2:16 pm
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
When clearing airport security checkpoints, are the powdered shampoo and powdered conditioner more likely to be asked for unpacking from the cabin baggage and separately scanned than solid shampoo/conditioner bars inside the baggage?
I have only had an issue once, at LGW, where a surly security agent insisted that anything with a spray (even if it sprayed dry, powdered shampoo) had to go in the liquid bag.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:41 pm

Kenra
SexyHair

Great to have another option. The shampoo/conditioner bars keep breaking into small pieces and become unusable. Powder is a great alternative.
gretchendz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.