Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Cadence Capsules/ travel containers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:59 am
Original Poster

I recently came across these containers and though I still haven't flown anywhere, I have "test travelled" with them and they're really clever. I have absolutely no affiliation with the brand, I just like the product.
Cadence capsules

I have a supply of travel sized items that I fly with and in addition to the variety of shapes and sizes there tends to be a lot of wasted space in these (hidden bottoms, thicker sides to make the product look bigger when really it only holds half an ounce). These capsules take up the space that they take up, are hexagons so that they all fit together and are magnetic so that they stay together. No leaks. Pre labelled if that's your thing (I have two blank ones) and no worries about running out of something because I can refill for each trip.
As a personal preference I don't like silicone tubes, or the hard plastic containers and have had to throw out so many due to cracking or leaks but I find these sturdy and easy to clean.
I'm curious if anyone else has these and what their thoughts are?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by rsqrott
I recently came across these containers and though I still haven't flown anywhere, I have "test travelled" with them and they're really clever. I have absolutely no affiliation with the brand, I just like the product.
Cadence capsules

I have a supply of travel sized items that I fly with and in addition to the variety of shapes and sizes there tends to be a lot of wasted space in these (hidden bottoms, thicker sides to make the product look bigger when really it only holds half an ounce). These capsules take up the space that they take up, are hexagons so that they all fit together and are magnetic so that they stay together. No leaks. Pre labelled if that's your thing (I have two blank ones) and no worries about running out of something because I can refill for each trip.
As a personal preference I don't like silicone tubes, or the hard plastic containers and have had to throw out so many due to cracking or leaks but I find these sturdy and easy to clean.
I'm curious if anyone else has these and what their thoughts are?
I had never heard of them until you posted, so I looked at the website. One question for you: are these actually marked on the containers what volume they hold? I've run into TSA people who insisted on throwing out a bottle of eye drops, a tiny bottle, because there was no permanent label showing the amount the bottle held.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
One question for you: are these actually marked on the containers what volume they hold? I've run into TSA people who insisted on throwing out a bottle of eye drops, a tiny bottle, because there was no permanent label showing the amount the bottle held.
Yes, good question and a fair point. Each capsule has ".56 fl" engraved on the side.

I had never heard about them either until I read about them in an article. Since my company is doing a lot of work on reclaiming and recycling the mission and concept behind these piqued my interest and down the rabbit hole I went.
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:13 pm

My kids gave me some for Mother’s Day, but they haven’t arrived yet. Fingers crossed!
Old May 10, 2022, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whitewave
My kids gave me some for Mother’s Day, but they haven’t arrived yet. Fingers crossed!
Smart kids! I hope that you like them. I'm using them right now for my first trip with them, a test run for an upcoming business trip. I found them very easy to fill with anything that's a squeeze, pump or pour but it got kind of dicey for anything like balm that I had to scoop into the containers. I guess that was to be expected. I have one filled with toner and another with micellar water and they truly do not leak. I tucked those two into a ziploc just to be sure, not a drop. I just need a better way to mark the tops so that my nearsighted eyes can identify what's what when my glasses are off. They seem to hold plenty of product for week long trips.
whitewave likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by rsqrott
Smart kids! I hope that you like them. I'm using them right now for my first trip with them, a test run for an upcoming business trip. I found them very easy to fill with anything that's a squeeze, pump or pour but it got kind of dicey for anything like balm that I had to scoop into the containers. I guess that was to be expected. I have one filled with toner and another with micellar water and they truly do not leak. I tucked those two into a ziploc just to be sure, not a drop. I just need a better way to mark the tops so that my nearsighted eyes can identify what's what when my glasses are off. They seem to hold plenty of product for week long trips.
They bought me 6 of them and my daughter did ask me what labels I wanted. (She knew I wanted to order but lost track of time).

One year, my MIL gave me long spatulas to get the last little bit of beauty products out of containers, so I was thinking I could use those maybe for things like waxy balms and the like. What exactly was the issue? Cutting off the product or getting it off your finger?

How do you like the magnet feature?

I’m really looking forward to getting mine! I wanted to order before this NY trip we just went on but I waited too late. It seems with NY and Las Vegas, we carry on. I think these will be really useful.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:58 am

Btw, they also gave me nail boo (at home dip nails) so I’m waiting to get that also.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:46 pm

Cadence hasn’t shipped yet, so I guess they had a run on them for Mother’s Day.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whitewave

One year, my MIL gave me long spatulas to get the last little bit of beauty products out of containers, so I was thinking I could use those maybe for things like waxy balms and the like. What exactly was the issue? Cutting off the product or getting it off your finger?

How do you like the magnet feature?.
I have a spatula that came with my Tatcha Indigo cream (designed for scraping out the last of the cream) that I used for scooping my Farmacy balm into the capsule. Just a little messy on the sides and around the edge. It may be the fault of the user and not the product .
The magnet is a nice to have if I'm carrying them outside of a bag but honestly I could take it or leave it. I do like the capsules but I'm refining things a bit for my upcoming business trip so that things work better for me. I'll report back once I'm home.
Hoyaheel and whitewave like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I got my first spatulas with a couple of lip balms I've bought this year - definitely planning to keep because they seem handy! I think I have another one from Muji - I think I got a decanting kit or something they offered to help get things into their small bottles - has a teeny funnel too.
whitewave and rsqrott like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:12 pm

Mine came today! I think I’m going to love them!

Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: MileagePlus and a bunch of hotel programs
I saw these and almost ordered them in a giddy rush— then took a second look and thought they really look huge to me! I buy little sample containers off eBay that look to be about half the size of the Cadence containers that easily hold enough product for me for a week. (Granted I don’t use toner or micellular water.). Can anyone show what these look like next to or in their toiletry bag? I love the idea and really want them, but I’m afraid they’ll hurt my carry on packing rather than help.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by titaniumfemme
I saw these and almost ordered them in a giddy rush— then took a second look and thought they really look huge to me! I buy little sample containers off eBay that look to be about half the size of the Cadence containers that easily hold enough product for me for a week. (Granted I don’t use toner or micellular water.). Can anyone show what these look like next to or in their toiletry bag? I love the idea and really want them, but I’m afraid they’ll hurt my carry on packing rather than help.
I did email them and ask if they could make half sizes for serums. They replied that they are open to it but they have to make prototypes etc.

pics:

I added a wet brush for scale.

This is obviously a pencil case style bag.

In my hand for scale. These are so small, I don’t see how they could be an issue, but I also think they could do half sizes for serums and cleansing waters etc.

Last edited by whitewave; Jun 18, 2022 at 9:50 am
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Yeah, they definitely look too chunky for me (I saw them on a shoppng/travel segment on the Today show this year at one point too - so saw them handling them etc.) Glad they work for those who like!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.