Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Monos luggage/ Drunk Elephant (anyone familiar with Monos luggage?)

Old Oct 21, 2020, 6:42 am
Original Poster

I saw this on Sephora and instantly thought of Flyertalk:

Monos/DE trunk

If you use the products this looks quite a deal (hence my posting in this forum). I had never heard of Monos and a Flyertalk search yielded no results. Does anyone have any experience with Monos bags?

I haven't been on a plane since February and the last thing I need is another travel bag but you know it goes...always looking.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 2:24 pm

I usually look at beauty sales this time of year, too, to stock up on a few things. Just a note that most liquid Vitamin C serums, even in DE's airless pump, do not store well as a backup. Many are formulated with water and will oxidize. You'll be left with the most expensive self tanner or BBQ scent product. I feel like retinol also goes off after several months. I know DE sometimes puts out a holiday kit with a mini fridge which would extend the lifespan of some of these. I think it might be like the mini beverage fridge a friend owns and is kind of loud.

Rohto's Melano CC essence doesn't contain water and hasn't oxidized on me at the end of the same tube I've been using for a long time (on cheeks, nose, forehead). I mostly stock up on things I can store for a bit like hydrators, oils, and serums and look for minis during this season so I can use it up within the next few months and avoid bacteria/product separation. I don't think I apply as much skincare product as many seem to go through? I have learned not to restock things which tend to spoil as that's just wasted money and product. Also on that note - I've mostly labelled samples, minis, and restocks with a purchased date and add an opened date so I know what to use first.

What skincare and haircare do other people stock up on?

Last edited by freecia; Nov 8, 2020 at 2:34 pm
Old Nov 9, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
Same as you - I stock up on the things that won't spoil, that I know I'll go through, and things that are expensive, so I can take advantage of discounts. I have personally had no success with anything drunk elephant I've tried from samples I've received- something they use just doesn't agree with my skin & is very stingy.

So at this year's sephora sale I got my year's supply of SKII essence, Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow pencils, Marc Jacobs eyeliners, hydrating hair masks & olaplex treatment/shampoo/conditioner. Normally I'd have more makeup to stock up on as well, but certainly not this year.

Melano CC has been on my list of things to try, and I have to admit oxidation is one of the reasons I haven't, I've been wondering if the shipping from asia matters with something as sensitive as C. But if you've NEVER seen oxidation, and still see results that's high praise - I've been cycling between skinceudicals and Timeless CE Ferulic and both turn orange on me before they're gone.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerStef
olaplex treatment/shampoo/conditioner.
I recently discovered the Olaplex line and it is amazing. Sephora's Olaplex holiday set is an absolute steal, even without the discount. I alternate that with the Verb Ghost line of products.
I tend to stock up on face specific sunscreen. I go through it so quickly that the expiration date is never a factor and I always need bottles in reserve.
Also, some of the Tatcha products that I have used are wonderful. Their rice polish (exfoliator) an rice wash are lovely and don't irritate my temperamental skin. Those have found their way onto my "stock up during a sale" list.
Lastly, L'occitaine's almond soap. It is the best exfoliating soap that I have ever tried, I just wish the bars were bigger.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:15 am

I don’t see the holiday set on Sephora. link, please?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hinsopa
I don’t see the holiday set on Sephora. link, please?
Hinsopa, the set is out of stock and doesn't come up on the website. It may be available in stores? It's called the Holiday Hair Fix kit and contains travel size (3 oz) shampoo and conditioner along with full sized #s 3 and 6 (I believe). Olaplex might have done something similar for other stores.

(Edited to add)I found the same set at Bloomingdales, for the same price as Sephora. Many times Bloomies will do gifts with purchase for SpaceNK products (of which Olaplex is one) so I'll usually wait to buy until something is on offer:

Olaplex set

And, since I'm the one that started this thread I figured that I'd update. While I don't have plans to travel in the next few months I have been thinking about my post Covid plans and have ordered a Monos carry on plus. I want to travel solely with carry on and I think that a hard sided piece will be easier to wipe down and clean than soft sided. Can I fit all of my toiletries and still have room for a weeks worth of clothes? I'll let you know once I receive it and do some practice packing.
hinsopa likes this.

Last edited by rsqrott; Nov 14, 2020 at 3:29 pm Reason: add link for set

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.