Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

What's your beauty routine for staying home?

What's your beauty routine for staying home?

Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by freecia
I should also be drinking more water but I've found that I stand up less working from home than at the office. Perhaps it is because I usually don't wear my Apple Watch as much (stand reminder) or I'd built a decent habit of going to the break room.
Do we count hydration under beauty routine? I started using a thermos/Zojirushi some months back. I fill it with hot water to warm the bottle before I make my tea, then pour the water into the tea cup. Second fill goes into the thermos and I take both back to my desk. I usually get to the hot water a few hours in and pour it into another mug since Zojirushi retains heat really well. I've also filled it with cold water in the summer.

I drink more water if I don't need to get up and walk the whole ~15 feet. Did not think I'd need a water bottle in my own residence but hey, it works.

Hair - I managed to cut my own hair once. I went from below the shoulders an inch or two to below the chin an inch. It took several hours using the rubber band method, thinning shears, & then vertical to thin out the bottom. I'm guessing my hairdresser would be in despair but not the worst she's had to fix in 2020 or 2021. It still looked better than some less expensive haircuts I've gotten in the past. I did discover that I can grow out my hair a bit longer than I used to and style it a bit if it needs to be more presentable. It doesn't feel as great as that post-cut "Ahhhhhhh" but nice to have options.
ysolde and rsqrott like this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by freecia
I drink more water if I don't need to get up and walk the whole ~15 feet. Did not think I'd need a water bottle in my own residence but hey, it works.
I have a Zojirushi as my travel thermos and using it now reminds me of my pre covid frequent red eyes to the UK (get coffee at Peets in JFK prior to departure, fill the thermos and have hot, yummy coffee with "breakfast" on the plane). Since winter had buried us under a lot of snow I have been interspersing tea with my water. I brew a thermos of tea and bring it back to my desk. The Zojirushi holds about 2 cups. Once the thermos is empty I have to get up to brew more (forcing me to get up and walk to the stove). So this method forces me to get up and away from the computer every hour or so.
gretchendz, freecia and tcl like this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 11:08 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
"Beauty" Routine During Covid

Get up, shower, pull ridiculous length hair into a ponytail and get into sweats unless I have a Zoom call. If Zoom call, dry hair, slather on enough makeup to look like I care, and put on a nice blouse. Drink too much coffee.

Actually I have a hair stylist appointment for the first time since August...I hope he doesn't faint at the sight!
ysolde, freecia, rsqrott and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.