Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

NYC - shopping for beauty/skin lotions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?

Going to NYC in a couple of weeks. So excited! (we try to go every couple of years if we can - we both adore!) I need a new eye cream with SPF - soooooo hard to find, very few options these days. Wondering if there are any specialty stores you recommend? Sure, I can hit up a department store (I don't shop at sephora, and I could get ulta at home, or just shop online....) We're staying midtown east but we'll be visiting various spots all over. Currently have a History of Cocktails show booked, Tenement Museum tour booked. I would like to visit abcHome if the weather is good (and we're out walking around)

If you have any non-skincare recommendations, throw those at me too! We try to be flexible - do something new each trip, then do what sounds good in the moment :-)

[we are there the week BEFORE Thanksgiving - cheap hotels, hopefully few crowds ;-) Some day we'll do the Parade and Balloon inflation, but not this year....My friends have already sent me the probable Christmas window timeline so hopefully we'll see a couple of those too - that's my favorite thing to see visiting NYC this time of year - I prefer December but we're gone 2 weeks over the holidays so it wasn't ideal this year. Oh, and we looked at the holiday train exhibit at the Botanical Garden - looks awesome and my friend is a member with discounted tix, but it opens when we're there so I think it'll be crowded and we'll skip....but it's a maybe]
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:53 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I usually try and swing by Khiel's original location on 3Ave btwn 13/14 (East side of street). At this location, they still hand-dispense samples of most of their products instead of being restricted by what samples they have prepacked. This is also the location where they honour modelling agency discounts and other local discounts.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I just got my officemate addicted to Kiehls lotion so I might have to get her a holiday present ;-) I've been to a Kiehls in Manhattan but not that one - thanks! (I do love their products - as far as I know, they don't currently have any eye cream + spf :-(
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:30 pm

I was in London in September and booked a makeup session at Trinny London. If you aren’t familiar with Trinny Woodall she used to have makeover show I loved in the UK. She now has the most fantastic makeup line I have ever used. Her followers are obsessed with the products and it all comes in little stackable pots which are perfect for travel.

The makeup is available in NYC where you can have your makeup done and the cost will be applied to what you buy so essentially free.

https://trinnylondon.com/us/john-barrett

Look around the site and if on Facebook check out Trinny London. I have never had so many compliments on my skin ever. She ships worldwide so no problem restocking.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:36 am

Hoyaheel, I don't know if this is your thing but...
I work down in the financial district, near the freedom tower. They have built a beautiful mall that runs from basically Zuccotti park to the esplanade across from NJ. You can start with a snack at Eataly, then walk through (past Sephora, L'occtaine, Kiehls, I think there are still more skin care shops, I just loose track) though the occulus (look up!) and onward to an even more plush and luxurious mall (Hermes, Gucci, Burberry) and then find yourself on the water. Options for waterside dining are there as well as quick bites throughout the two malls, coffee, gelato, etc.
Hoyaheel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.