Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Favorite tinted balm discontinued -- suggestions?

Favorite tinted balm discontinued -- suggestions?

Reply

Old Aug 9, 19, 6:57 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Ritz-Carlton Rewards Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Posts: 8,437
Favorite tinted balm discontinued -- suggestions?

I finally found a tinted face balm that works for me -- it is barely there in terms of color, moisturizing (you would think they would all be, but, alas), does not emphasize pores and lines, and comes in a color light and cool enough to suit my skin tone (in this case, Alabaster is the name). It also stays true all day -- no oxidizing. Perfect for no make-up make-up days. Because it's a balm, it's great for travel (no tendency to spill, and the 1 oz. size is perfect for 311 bag). The product? Bobbi Brown's Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm. Of course, like so many great Bobbi Brown products lately, it appears it is being quietly discontinued. I have managed to snag two jars from one department store, and (maybe) two more from Lord and Taylor online.

So, ladies, once I run out of this perfect product (sob) in about (I estimate) a year and a half, two years, do you have any recommendations for me? Anything I should be looking at that would have the same my skin but better effect?
ysolde is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 19, 8:54 am
  #2  
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,278
Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
I finally found a tinted face balm that works for me -- it is barely there in terms of color, moisturizing (you would think they would all be, but, alas), does not emphasize pores and lines, and comes in a color light and cool enough to suit my skin tone (in this case, Alabaster is the name). It also stays true all day -- no oxidizing. Perfect for no make-up make-up days. Because it's a balm, it's great for travel (no tendency to spill, and the 1 oz. size is perfect for 311 bag). The product? Bobbi Brown's Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm. Of course, like so many great Bobbi Brown products lately, it appears it is being quietly discontinued. I have managed to snag two jars from one department store, and (maybe) two more from Lord and Taylor online.

So, ladies, once I run out of this perfect product (sob) in about (I estimate) a year and a half, two years, do you have any recommendations for me? Anything I should be looking at that would have the same my skin but better effect?
I think this will make you happy. I love this product
https://www.sephora.com/product/tinted-face-oil-P441884
obscure2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 19, 9:15 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Ritz-Carlton Rewards Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Posts: 8,437
Originally Posted by obscure2k View Post
I think this will make you happy. I love this product
https://www.sephora.com/product/tinted-face-oil-P441884
Thank you! I will take a look next time I am in Sephora.
obscure2k likes this.
ysolde is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 19, 8:18 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Posts: 44,613
If I hit the outlets in the next few days, I'll check for the face balm in the Estee Lauder store. I believe they often carry discontinued items.

If they have some, how many do you want?
Mary2e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:24 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Ritz-Carlton Rewards Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Posts: 8,437
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
If I hit the outlets in the next few days, I'll check for the face balm in the Estee Lauder store. I believe they often carry discontinued items.

If they have some, how many do you want?
OMG, Mary! If they have the Alabaster color, I'll take three!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!
ysolde is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 19, 7:34 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DTW
Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 401
Estee Lauder has a program where they search for regular product line ( Bobbi Brown brand participates) discontinued within 36 months. Gone But Not Forgotten program. You can order up to 6 of the item, plus something like $5 shipping. You give them all your info, CC# and if they have it, they will send it to you. You had to call a 800 number, no website. I used this service about two years ago when they discontinued a MAC lipstick I really liked.

​​​​​​800- 216-7173 or To initiate a search for a product no longer available, please email [email protected]
Hoyaheel and jgor like this.
BaliParis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 19, 8:03 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Ritz-Carlton Rewards Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Posts: 8,437
Originally Posted by BaliParis View Post
Estee Lauder has a program where they search for regular product line ( Bobbi Brown brand participates) discontinued within 36 months. Gone But Not Forgotten program. You can order up to 6 of the item, plus something like $5 shipping. You give them all your info, CC# and if they have it, they will send it to you. You had to call a 800 number, no website. I used this service about two years ago when they discontinued a MAC lipstick I really liked.

​​​​​​800- 216-7173 or To initiate a search for a product no longer available, please email [email protected]
This is wonderful! Many thanks.
ysolde is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 19, 8:59 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Posts: 44,613
Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
OMG, Mary! If they have the Alabaster color, I'll take three!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!
After I posted this, my husband walked into my office and said "wanna take a ride to the outlets?"

So I did. I went into the Estee Lauder outlet and they did have a display with the balm (it's a stick, right?) and they had the alabaster on display. They were crowded, so I didn't stick around to ask if they actually had it in stock. It was $47 a stick.

But, the bottom of the tube didn't say anything about SPF. I didn't buy any.

@ysolde - Give them a call to verify they have exactly what you want. I'll gladly go back and pick them up for you. Maybe they'll hold them. I can go today. (it's nice being retired )

The Cosmetics Company Store
(732) 493-2535
Mary2e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 19, 10:35 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Ritz-Carlton Rewards Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Posts: 8,437
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
After I posted this, my husband walked into my office and said "wanna take a ride to the outlets?"

So I did. I went into the Estee Lauder outlet and they did have a display with the balm (it's a stick, right?) and they had the alabaster on display. They were crowded, so I didn't stick around to ask if they actually had it in stock. It was $47 a stick.

But, the bottom of the tube didn't say anything about SPF. I didn't buy any.

@ysolde - Give them a call to verify they have exactly what you want. I'll gladly go back and pick them up for you. Maybe they'll hold them. I can go today. (it's nice being retired )

The Cosmetics Company Store
(732) 493-2535
Thanks, Mary! Alas, no, it's not a stick. It's in a pot. Thank you so much for checking it out for me! And I hope you enjoyed your shopping trip.
ysolde is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 19, 11:26 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Posts: 44,613
Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
Thanks, Mary! Alas, no, it's not a stick. It's in a pot. Thank you so much for checking it out for me! And I hope you enjoyed your shopping trip.
They had the sticks right there on display. Perhaps they're just out of them. Oh well.

I ended up with a few tees, and hubby2e got his needed sneakers.

If you want me to pick up anything else there just let me know. The prices are somewhat discounted.
Mary2e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:39 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 867
I've found Bobbi Brown's Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm on a website I frequently buy from. No Alabaster though, but they have it in Extra Light Tint, Light Tint, Light to Medium Tint, and Medium Tint. Is it a (colour) name change rather than discontinued?

But I heard about Bobbi Brown. All my make up used to be Bobbi Brown but it's down to one eye shadow because of 'discontinued'.
DragonSoul is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 19, 9:15 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Ritz-Carlton Rewards Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Posts: 8,437
Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
I've found Bobbi Brown's Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm on a website I frequently buy from. No Alabaster though, but they have it in Extra Light Tint, Light Tint, Light to Medium Tint, and Medium Tint. Is it a (colour) name change rather than discontinued?

But I heard about Bobbi Brown. All my make up used to be Bobbi Brown but it's down to one eye shadow because of 'discontinued'.
Not a name change. Just apparently going to be discontinued. BB is going in a different direction these days. I get it -- everyone wants to appeal to the hip and the young, rather than the consumers who were hip and young when we started using the brand in the 90s.
ysolde is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:00 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 867
Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
Not a name change. Just apparently going to be discontinued. BB is going in a different direction these days. I get it -- everyone wants to appeal to the hip and the young, rather than the consumers who were hip and young when we started using the brand in the 90s.
These companies always care more about getting new customers than serving their current ones. But they ignore that older and long-term customers tend to be brand loyal (esp. cosmetics), while younger customers flit around.
DragonSoul is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread