Help Me Find a New Conditioner

Old Apr 29, 19, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Help Me Find a New Conditioner

The conditioner I had been using was discontinued and is no longer available. I have lots of fine hair that gets oily at the roots if I add too much conditioner, but dry at the ends if I don't use conditioner. I need suggestions, please!
Old Apr 29, 19, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
Me too

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
The conditioner I had been using was discontinued and is no longer available. I have lots of fine hair that gets oily at the roots if I add too much conditioner, but dry at the ends if I don't use conditioner. I need suggestions, please!
I also have very fine hair that gets very oily quickly. Don't judge me all of you with high priced tastes, but I find classic Pantene works best for me.
Old Apr 30, 19, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gretchendz View Post
I also have very fine hair that gets very oily quickly. Don't judge me all of you with high priced tastes, but I find classic Pantene works best for me.
I will try that. I don't care if it's high priced or grocery store priced. I just want something that works and likely is not going to disappear from the market quickly.
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 6:46 am

Programs: Delta Silver (2019)
What I'm using now I hate but I bought at Costco so it's taking FOREVER to use up ;-) (it's a "regrowth/thickening" shampoo & conditioner, can't remember the name but I wouldn't recommend ;-) I can't wait to go back to Pantene or Aussie (I like the mega moist but they have a few targeted varieties)
Old May 1, 19, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel View Post
What I'm using now I hate but I bought at Costco so it's taking FOREVER to use up ;-) (it's a "regrowth/thickening" shampoo & conditioner, can't remember the name but I wouldn't recommend ;-) I can't wait to go back to Pantene or Aussie (I like the mega moist but they have a few targeted varieties)
You could return it to Costco.
Old May 1, 19, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
Yes

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
You could return it to Costco.
Costco is great about returns...just take it in and tell them you don't like it.
Old May 1, 19, 6:30 pm

Oh no, I'm almost done with the huge bottles ;-) Maybe if I had realized the first week..... I'm thisclose to dumping the rest. I'm REALLY close to the bottom. And the Pantene is on sale in this month's coupon book ;-)
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 2, 19, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oh no, I'm almost done with the huge bottles ;-) Maybe if I had realized the first week..... I'm thisclose to dumping the rest. I'm REALLY close to the bottom. And the Pantene is on sale in this month's coupon book ;-)
LOL, I'm the same way. I have 3/4 a bottle of conditioner that I can't use (almond oil), but I want someone to use it.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old May 2, 19, 1:03 pm

I'll probably repurpose some of my rejects for conditioning cashmere and wool items. I wash and block sweaters when the weather warms up.

I gave up on most conditioners years ago as my scalp tends to respond with something like dermatitis even if I'm somewhat careful to apply it on the ends (chin length hair). My hair seems to be ok without it and I focus more on scalp health with scalp serums, oils, and the very occasional scalp cleansing shampoo.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old May 2, 19, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freecia View Post
I'll probably repurpose some of my rejects for conditioning cashmere and wool items. I wash and block sweaters when the weather warms up.

I gave up on most conditioners years ago as my scalp tends to respond with something like dermatitis even if I'm somewhat careful to apply it on the ends (chin length hair). My hair seems to be ok without it and I focus more on scalp health with scalp serums, oils, and the very occasional scalp cleansing shampoo.
I used to avoid conditioner because of how oily the hair by my scalp got, but the ends started to dry too much.
Old May 3, 19, 5:28 am

Would a spray/leave on conditioner on just the ends work for you? My hair is fine but I like conditioner because it gets tangled....Also I color so it keeps it more healthy. I don't use spray/leave on conditioners normally but every so often through the winter when it's really dry, they help (I got a big bottle of a redken product from Amazon by mistake and they said keep it, so....I hate waste :-)
Old May 3, 19, 5:51 am

This has worked wonderful for me. Much better than the stuff my dermotologist prescribed. Thanks for asking because when I went to the link, I saw it is $30 off. I ordered more as fast as I could, ha.
https://www.costco.com/A-Good-Hair-D...100468532.html
Old May 3, 19, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Would a spray/leave on conditioner on just the ends work for you? My hair is fine but I like conditioner because it gets tangled....Also I color so it keeps it more healthy. I don't use spray/leave on conditioners normally but every so often through the winter when it's really dry, they help (I got a big bottle of a redken product from Amazon by mistake and they said keep it, so....I hate waste :-)
I have a spray conditioner, but it's not enough in most cases.
Originally Posted by hinsopa View Post
This has worked wonderful for me. Much better than the stuff my dermotologist prescribed. Thanks for asking because when I went to the link, I saw it is $30 off. I ordered more as fast as I could, ha.
https://www.costco.com/A-Good-Hair-D...100468532.html
I hesitate to order anything like that because I won't use some of it and it doesn't list the ingredients.
Old May 4, 19, 4:58 am

The ingredients and how to use this are listed in details. You just have to keep clicking the links. Btw...my hair is dryer and finer that most due to lots of chemo. This scalp treatment helps. Good luck in finding something.
Old May 5, 19, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hinsopa View Post
The ingredients and how to use this are listed in details. You just have to keep clicking the links. Btw...my hair is dryer and finer that most due to lots of chemo. This scalp treatment helps. Good luck in finding something.
I finally found a photo of the ingredients and can't use the oil.

Search this Thread