Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Help Me Find a New Conditioner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Me Find a New Conditioner

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
A hairstylist told me to use L'Oreal Ever Pure Shampoo and to only use conditioner on the bottom of my hair below the scalp. It's to keep buildup from forming on my scalp. I do rub some of the excess conditioner on the top of my hair, but never rub it in.

I also liked the conditioner the salon was using and asked what it was and where I could get it - it's only available to salons or on Amazon. But it works well. My ends are conditioned and my scalp doesn't have buildup. The best part - a GALLON was $20.

Amazon Amazon
Old May 7, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I use a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner when I wash my hair. Then I spray with DryBar Prep Rally and Sun Bum Leave in Conditioner. I used to have thick hair, but my hair has thinned significantly in the past 5 years and this works to keep my hair smooth without weighing it down.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
I used to avoid conditioner because of how oily the hair by my scalp got, but the ends started to dry too much.
Did you try a hair oil on the ends (one which you aren't allergic to)? Perhaps before and after shampooing?

You might want to check the ingredients on the discontinued conditioner and see if you can find the key ingredients in a more commonly available brand (without almond oil). If the discontinued conditioner is a well known salon brand, try googling for a "dupe".

I don't have any conditioner recommendations but this is what reddit HaircareScience suggests for fine hair
https://www.reddit.com/r/HaircareSci...ditioners/fine

I've generally found skincare/beauty forums on reddit can be a little more ingredients and science focused... sometimes overly so for people who follow "allergy trends" rather than actually having specific sensitivities. It is a good resource to search, though, to narrow down some options instead of reading all the conditioner labels at Target.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Mary2e
A hairstylist told me to use L'Oreal Ever Pure Shampoo and to only use conditioner on the bottom of my hair below the scalp. It's to keep buildup from forming on my scalp. I do rub some of the excess conditioner on the top of my hair, but never rub it in.

I also liked the conditioner the salon was using and asked what it was and where I could get it - it's only available to salons or on Amazon. But it works well. My ends are conditioned and my scalp doesn't have buildup. The best part - a GALLON was $20.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I may look into that.
Originally Posted by freecia
Did you try a hair oil on the ends (one which you aren't allergic to)? Perhaps before and after shampooing?

You might want to check the ingredients on the discontinued conditioner and see if you can find the key ingredients in a more commonly available brand (without almond oil). If the discontinued conditioner is a well known salon brand, try googling for a "dupe".

I don't have any conditioner recommendations but this is what reddit HaircareScience suggests for fine hair

I've generally found skincare/beauty forums on reddit can be a little more ingredients and science focused... sometimes overly so for people who follow "allergy trends" rather than actually having specific sensitivities. It is a good resource to search, though, to narrow down some options instead of reading all the conditioner labels at Target.
Thanks. I've not tried a hair oil, other than years ago, and that seemed to make my hair like an oil slick.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Late to the party but I highly recommend Perfect Hair Day from Living Proof. I, too, have fine hair and am sensitive to lots of ingredients. One of the major benefits with PHD is over time you will find your oiliness reduced. It's not cheap but a little goes a long way.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hipquest
Late to the party but I highly recommend Perfect Hair Day from Living Proof. I, too, have fine hair and am sensitive to lots of ingredients. One of the major benefits with PHD is over time you will find your oiliness reduced. It's not cheap but a little goes a long way.
Do they have shampoo too?

I just found out that the shampoo I had been using has been reformulated and the new version contains almond oil. Given my allergies, that's an ingredient I can't use. Recommendations for shampoo as well?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:28 pm

Do they have shampoo too?

I just found out that the shampoo I had been using has been reformulated and the new version contains almond oil. Given my allergies, that's an ingredient I can't use. Recommendations for shampoo as well?
They do have shampoo and it's great! I recently received travel size samples of the shampoo and conditioner. I'd be happy to mail them to you if you'd like to try it before buying full size product.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:52 am
Original Poster

They do have shampoo and it's great! I recently received travel size samples of the shampoo and conditioner. I'd be happy to mail them to you if you'd like to try it before buying full size product.
That would be amazing! I'll happily pay for shipping! FTers are the best!
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:11 am

That would be amazing! I'll happily pay for shipping! FTers are the best!
PM me your address and I'll pop them in the mail to you
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:15 am
Original Poster

I'm only a few days into using this, but I really like it. It does go a long way and I love the scent, which to me is like a fresh, juicy orange.
hipquest, gretchendz and freecia like this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I am really liking the Kerastase sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. I only wash on days like today, when someone is coming in to cut my hair at home or to blow out my hair. It works quite well without leaving a residue.

My hair is difficult -- It is fine but it is frizzy. The shampoo cleans without stripping. The conditioner conditions without weighing down the hair.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
I stopped using condition in the shower. I have fine hair. I started using a leave in conditioner and have great hair now. This may work for those that have oily roots as you cab direct where the spray goes.

This is what i found and love. I get it at Walmart but am sure it's sold other places. It might be with the ethnic products.

https://cremeofnature.com/products/a...n-conditioner/
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
I like it

It took me awhile due to the price, but I tried a small bottle and I must say I really like the way this product leaves my hair. I use it especially when I know I need a good hair day I just ordered more. It is pricey, but the quality is very good. Thanks for the recommendation
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gretchendz
It took me awhile due to the price, but I tried a small bottle and I must say I really like the way this product leaves my hair. I use it especially when I know I need a good hair day I just ordered more. It is pricey, but the quality is very good. Thanks for the recommendation
I too am loving it! I also like the dry shampoo.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 10:19 pm

Everything depends on your type of hair: dry or not, colored or natural, etc. I have colored hair with dry ends and I'm using Angel Haircare products for a long time and i can say that it one of the best marks I've ever used

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.