Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for a long, LIGHTWEIGHT rain jacket

Recommendations for a long, LIGHTWEIGHT rain jacket

Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by hipquest
I received my Mycra Pac bargain and liked the fabric and style but it is too long for travel.
Glad you found one you like. Have to laugh that most of our earlier suggestions were too short (in photos at least) but the one you bought was too long :-)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Glad you found one you like. Have to laugh that most of our earlier suggestions were too short (in photos at least) but the one you bought was too long :-)
In my defense I did end up with 2 jackets with a retail of $500+ for $80 and they will both be used but it is funny.

I wanted the knee length so I can wear it OVER (and completely cover) a winter coat, if it rains. Can't be walking around looking like I'm homeless and wearing all the clothes I own, lol.
tcl and Hoyaheel like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:49 am

I thoroughly approve of your bargain wins!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Searching for a raincoat that travels well and looks nice enough for business casual. Was looking at the TravelSmith Reversible Accordion Hood coat which seems similar to the Mycra Pac. Anyone have any experience?

https://www.travelsmith.com/product/...ategory=103449

Does the Eddie Bauer look okay for the office? Looks like a better option for heavy rain or windy conditions.

Last edited by Segments; Mar 3, 2019 at 7:13 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:16 pm

I wear my Eddie Bauer to work. I work in academia, so, business casual in my office. But since I don't like "real" trench coats (even though I have a couple) I'd wear it over a suit too, I guess. Mine is a little oversized (so I could add warmth layers if I wanted) and therefore a teeny bit "sloppy" but it's black and fairly sleek - I mean, I bought it because I felt my lime green LLBean goretex was too sporty for travel, so.....I would vote yes on ok for the office :-)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:30 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by Segments
Searching for a raincoat that travels well and looks nice enough for business casual. Was looking at the TravelSmith Reversible Accordion Hood coat which seems similar to the Mycra Pac. Anyone have any experience?

https://www.travelsmith.com/product/...ategory=103449

I ordered the TravelSmith accordion raincoat a few years ago but had to return it due to poor workmanship. At first I thought it was the answer to my peeves with the Mycra Pac and it was cheaper too. It is single breasted and has enough buttons down the front to prevent flapping in the wind which the Mycra Pac tends to do. However, the fabric around the button holes was bunched up and the sewing on the button holes was crooked on all 3 that I had ordered/exchanged and finally returned. Maybe it was a bad batch. The TravelSmith raincoat has been around for a while and I had the original, which I lost, that had much better workmanship. The upside is that TravelSmith offers the coat in more colours and sizes now. It is only water repellent and not seam-taped so it only good for light rain and not deluge.
Hoyaheel and Segments like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.