Wiki Posts
Search

Rolling garment bag

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Rolling garment bag

I have deemed our old garment bag too beat up to continue existing on this planet. I am looking for a new one, with wheels, that looks decent. So far, I have seen many well-rated ones but they are all so ugly! Any recommendations, friends?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Tumi makes a few different sizes. They are all quite expensive. Here is one model I found on Amazon
Amazon Amazon
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Is there a reason you need a full-on garment bag instead of a regular rolling bag with a suiter insert or such? I see so few garment bags these days - would guess there's not a huge demand for them. But also, luggage is luggage so what do you think is so "ugly" - color/fabric, shape? ("ugly" so subjective....)

I personally hate spinners, but this Delsey looks fairly sleek [I dislike spinners because I'm often rolling a bag over non-flat ground and 2 big chunky wheels work better for that]

Haven't heard of this brand, but again - sleekish, nice pockets outside

Not sure how big you want - I like this B&R but it seems sort of small

Ebags has a nice selection, they typically have a 20-30% coupon available as well....
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Thanks

Thanks for the responses.

Tumi is a bit pricey for me, especially for this.

I guess it is ironic I want something a bit more feminine as the main user will probably be hubby. We just returned from a long cruise and he liked using our old garment bag for his tux and shirts. After the trip, I deemed the bag too beat up too exist anymore.

I do think you are right Hoyaheel that few folks seem to feel a need for them anymore. I did promise him a new one when I trashed the old one

I'm going to look more closely at the options you've listed.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
ebags has quite a few (I realized after I posted and kept scrolling and scrolling and...) But it's still "luggage" -the main shape for the rolling garment bags seems pretty standard, though you'll find differences in whether it's vertical or horizontal, what kind of wheels, amount & placement of pockets etc. Hopefully there's something you & hubby will like!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:53 am

Maybe you can find something on eBay
since people aren’t using theses as much maybe some have been put up for sale
SuperSarah likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.