Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Experience with Sabah loafers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Lifetime Gold;SPG Gold (occasional platinum);SW;etc.

I am always looking for the perfect travel shoe that is comfortable and supportive for all day wear and looks decent with a variety of clothing. I am a smart casual dresser when I travel-leisure but my style is classic and pulled together not sloppy. My winter travel has included some Ugg booties with a wedge heel (the flat UGG boot looks too much like a bedroom slipper for me) that are waterproof, super comfy and look decent with black pants or a skirt and tights. I also found a pair of Saucony sneakers that are somewhat stylish in a retro sneaker way and not too casual for me.

Someone recently recommended the Sabah loafer for travel but I have not seen them in person. They are attractive to my eye but I am concerned that the insole is sort of like a ballet flat which is not enough support for me. Anyone tried them on?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by travelmom4
I am always looking for the perfect travel shoe that is comfortable and supportive for all day wear and looks decent with a variety of clothing. I am a smart casual dresser when I travel-leisure but my style is classic and pulled together not sloppy. My winter travel has included some Ugg booties with a wedge heel (the flat UGG boot looks too much like a bedroom slipper for me) that are waterproof, super comfy and look decent with black pants or a skirt and tights. I also found a pair of Saucony sneakers that are somewhat stylish in a retro sneaker way and not too casual for me.

Someone recently recommended the Sabah loafer for travel but I have not seen them in person. They are attractive to my eye but I am concerned that the insole is sort of like a ballet flat which is not enough support for me. Anyone tried them on?
I found an article online with a picture of them...the insole looks to be completely flat with no arch support. I could not wear something like that. I have a pair of Finn Comfort loafers that are slightly ugly but unbelievably supportive and comfortable. I don't think these (Newport - Women's Shoe (Black Croc)) are the ones I have, but they're similar. They're not quite as ugly in person, and look nice with a pair of slacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.