FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers-166/)
-   -   Which Airlines have ladies' amenity kit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers/1878835-airlines-have-ladies-amenity-kit.html)

IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll Nov 21, 17 10:22 pm

Which Airlines have ladies' amenity kit?
 
As road warriors, I think many of us are well too award of travel world that seems to be, well, male dominated, including many airlines' amenity kits.

Could we have a list of airlines that offer ladies' amenity kits?

From my experience:

Alitalia Business (Ferragamo)
British Air First only
Cathay Pacific First only
Emirates Business and First
Jet Blue Mint (Birchbox)
Singapore First only
Qantas Business and First (Kate Spade, SK-II)
Qatar Business and First (Armani, Dior)

Aventine Nov 21, 17 10:23 pm

JAL First - Shiseido the Ginza products.

AStarr Dec 6, 17 5:25 am

What sorts of items differentiate the ladies' kit from the men's?

I'd love to compile a list of airlines that carry certain items as standard onboard (makeup remover, tampons/pads, maybe miniature disposable hair brushes instead of combs)

solma Mar 3, 18 5:04 pm

LH first.

CometEE Mar 5, 18 10:19 pm

AA usually have sanitary items in the bathroom but don't even think of asking the flight attendants on SAA! Boy was that a super long flight to JFK��

aquamarinesteph Mar 9, 18 9:35 pm


Originally Posted by AStarr (Post 29140475)
What sorts of items differentiate the ladies' kit from the men's?

I'd love to compile a list of airlines that carry certain items as standard onboard (makeup remover, tampons/pads, maybe miniature disposable hair brushes instead of combs)

I always assume that those black socks and combs are geared toward male business travelers. Granted, some of the socks now come in colors, but the overall feel (to me) is still that amenity kits are geared toward men. I am looking forward to the day I fly an airline which has one that looks a little more feminine.

And I second the hair brush suggestion. That tiny plastic comb isn't going to do a thing for me.

AStarr Mar 10, 18 12:26 pm


Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph (Post 29506701)
I always assume that those black socks and combs are geared toward male business travelers. Granted, some of the socks now come in colors, but the overall feel (to me) is still that amenity kits are geared toward men. I am looking forward to the day I fly an airline which has one that looks a little more feminine.

And I second the hair brush suggestion. That tiny plastic comb isn't going to do a thing for me.

I'm a fan of the socks depending on the airline. I wear black socks all the time but the ones in the kit I only wear on board anyways as they usually aren't great material.

I'm so over being handed a hot towel and having a face full of make-up though. I would -love- to see make-up wipes.

My other peeve is the lack of hairdryers in lounge showers. It's hit or miss which lounges have them.

Analise Apr 14, 18 4:55 pm

The only amenity kit with which I am familiar is Delta's. I don't see what makes that kit masculine or feminine.

Covered toothbrush/toothpaste (Crest)
Kiehl's Lip balm
Kiehl's body lotion
Pen
Socks
Eye mask
Ear plugs
Minty mouth wash
Pack of tissues

Works for me!

obscure2k Apr 14, 18 10:27 pm

Air France. Two different times we were delayed out of VCE and missed our connection at CDG to LAX and were directed to a desk where we received our voucher for the hotel and two amenity kits. In addition to the usual amenities, the women's kit included a tampon (or 2). The gentleman's kit included a condom (or2).

skywardhunter Apr 14, 18 10:28 pm

EK, no condoms and I donít think any tampons

CDTraveler Apr 15, 18 12:37 pm


Originally Posted by AStarr (Post 29140475)
I'd love to compile a list of airlines that carry certain items as standard onboard (makeup remover, tampons/pads, maybe miniature disposable hair brushes instead of combs)

Speaking for myself, a miniature disposable hairbrush is nothing but a waste of plastic. If your hair is at all long or thick, no little bitty brush will get through it. I have a folding brush similar to that I've carried in my purse for years.

PandaSoPink Oct 16, 18 1:39 am

The best ladies amenities kit is QR’s ladies Armani kit. (can’t vouch for Dior) They give sample size bottles of Armani si perfume. Also, the lotion is Armani si. It reminds me of the free gifts they give you sometimes when you buy the full sizes. It's only given on their medium long haul flights though. The the fold up hairbrush is included too and I think the socks are just sized more for women’s feet.
this is on top of the chapstick (rituals brand) eye mask and earplugs. Toothbrush, paste and razors are always provided in the lavs on all QR flights. (Hehe sometimes I take a razor pack since they include shaving cream so I don’t have to pack one for travels)

jerseygirl Oct 16, 18 9:02 am


Originally Posted by CDTraveler (Post 29643285)
Speaking for myself, a miniature disposable hairbrush is nothing but a waste of plastic. If your hair is at all long or thick, no little bitty brush will get through it. I have a folding brush similar to https://www.amazon.com/Ancable-Folding-Mirror-Compact-Pocket/dp/B01J9A1YAQ/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523817393&sr=8-3&keywords=folding%2Bhair%2Bbrush&th=1 that I've carried in my purse for years.

when Continental was around they gave out pretty sturdy folding hairbrushes. United now has flimsy combs

I kept the folding combs for travel packing


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:06 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.