Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sunscreen, anyone

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:09 pm

Thought I'd give the Biore Athlizm UV Protect a few more days. I now have two more spots.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:15 pm

This week I'm trying out the Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence. Went on nicely and has not rubbed off my arms. Probably should have waited for the spots from the Athlizm to clear up, but I'm desperately looking for a suitable replacement as my favourite sunscreen I can only buy from Amazon, so there's shipping.

Biore I can buy locally, at shops or online; hence keen to try.

Next week I will be trying Elta MD SPF45.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
The Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence is the one I bought in Tokyo. I remain quite happy, particular since bright and humid summer weather is officially here at home.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by turnleftbrighteyes
The Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence is the one I bought in Tokyo. I remain quite happy, particular since bright and humid summer weather is officially here at home.
Ugh -- tell me about it. I am melting like the Wicked Witch of the Upper West Side.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
I recently started using the Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence ( thanks to reading about it here) and I just love it. I run and it is so thin, light and doesn't sting my eyes.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I've read good things about Coola Full Spectrum 360 sun silk drops (can be mixed with other products). The big and interesting feature is that it helps block HEV light so there's protection from screen time too. I need all the protection I can get lol! I just wish they had larger size options.

Otherwise I'm finishing out my La Roche-Posay and Supergoop which are the OG sunscreen products for me.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by boobeary
I've read good things about Coola Full Spectrum 360 sun silk drops (can be mixed with other products). The big and interesting feature is that it helps block HEV light so there's protection from screen time too. I need all the protection I can get lol! I just wish they had larger size options.

Otherwise I'm finishing out my La Roche-Posay and Supergoop which are the OG sunscreen products for me.
I haven’t tried that specific product, but I’ve been using Coola sunscreens for the last several years based on my dermatologist’s recommendation, and I love their sunscreens.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
So I have been using a new to me sunscreen: Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen SPF 35 PA+++. I like this one because it does double duty as a sunscreen and a primer (and I like anything that allows me to skip a step). As a result, it works well under makeup (no pilling). There is no burning, even under the eyes. And it sets to a silky texture, neither oily nor dry. A very nice find.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
I've been reading reviews of the Evy SPF 50 foam and am fascinated - has anyone tried it? https://www.spacenk.com/us/sun-tan/s...200021431.html

I'm currently using athlism or anessa if a heavy sun day, Skin Aqua UV Gold or Biore Watery Essence on 'normal' days, but since quarantine has let me FINALLY make some progress on getting rid of my melasma (combination of many chemical peels, hydroquinone, and alpha arbutin/transaxemic acid when not on the hq) I'm on the hunt again to see if there are new levels of protection for the summer. The Evy looks very very interesting.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by ysolde
So I have been using a new to me sunscreen: Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen SPF 35 PA+++. I like this one because it does double duty as a sunscreen and a primer (and I like anything that allows me to skip a step). As a result, it works well under makeup (no pilling). There is no burning, even under the eyes. And it sets to a silky texture, neither oily nor dry. A very nice find.
The Tatcha sunscreen is really lovely but I find that my glasses slide when I wear it. So it's a no for me, otherwise it ticks every other box.
However I may have found a winner with Dr Jart Everyday Sun Fluid. No slipping glasses, no burning eyes and no white cast like the Shiseido can leave. The true test will be during the summer. I just hate playing trial and error with new sunscreens because it's my skin at stake!
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerStef
I've been reading reviews of the Evy SPF 50 foam and am fascinated - has anyone tried it? https://www.spacenk.com/us/sun-tan/s...200021431.html

I'm currently using athlism or anessa if a heavy sun day, Skin Aqua UV Gold or Biore Watery Essence on 'normal' days, but since quarantine has let me FINALLY make some progress on getting rid of my melasma (combination of many chemical peels, hydroquinone, and alpha arbutin/transaxemic acid when not on the hq) I'm on the hunt again to see if there are new levels of protection for the summer. The Evy looks very very interesting.
I still love the Biore UV Watery Essence! It's so light, doesn't feel like you are wearing sunscreen and doesn't burn my eyes when I go for a run. I've been very happy. For the past month or so, I have been using Maelove Glow Maker, 15% Vitamin C serum. I am loving this too, my skin is definitely brighter. I have a few freckles I hope to fade away. I really like chemical peels.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:36 am

The rash guard keeps you warm in the water? I am so cold, too.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:44 am

I wasn’t aware of this line of LIly dresses. Thanks so much!
Old Jun 19, 2021, 5:37 pm

Zinc Oxide Powder for SPF 40?

I made my homemade moisture and I bought Zinc Oxide Powder Uncoated 100% Pure. How much Zinc Oxide Powder for SPF 40?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:06 am

I have been using Raw Elements sunscreen for skin care in the hot South African sun (Yes, I have a dark complexion and use sunscreen). I love Raw elements natural ingredients and plastic free options. The product is not available in my country so I make sure to purchase it when I travel
gretchendz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.