FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers-166/)
-   -   Looking for clothing recommendations! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers/1799515-looking-clothing-recommendations.html)

kaitlyn2004 Oct 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Looking for clothing recommendations!

I'll be going on a photo trip (very! eek!) soon and I tend to do these photo trips in a pair of running shoes, activewear pants and whatever for tops + some sort of sweater in colder weather.

Thing is I could be doing anything from walking around the city, ducking in and out of buildings through the day or lots of outdoor walking and even hiking. I'd like to add in some options that can at least be a little more stylish, could dry quickly, and not restrict my movement (bending down, leaning over, etc.). I'll sometimes wear jeans but depending on what I'm doing sometimes I even find those a bit too restrictive.

Any advice to better balance form vs function?

turnleftbrighteyes Oct 31, 2016 8:47 am

My new favorite pants, which ticks everything on your wish list (a little more stylish, doesn't restrict movement, water resistant), are the Stretch Crepe Track Pants from Outdoor Voices. I bought these in the spring for a sort-of hiking trip (NB, I don't really hike), and they have become my go-to pants. And, they don't read too casual to me (I don't go out in leggings or sweatpants, and these look much more pulled together.)

The fabric is really great: it doesn't wrinkle and dries really quickly, and I find the shape to be super flattering. The price was initially more than I wanted to spend on such a thing, not being outdoorsy or athletic, but the cost-per-wear after six months is now one of the lowest in my closet. Plus, free shipping and returns, so you've got nothing to lose (if you're US-based, that is.)

edcaya Oct 31, 2016 9:15 am

I'm assuming this will be in colder weather? If so, I'd heartily recommend Pivotte's 24/7 Pants. I've no experience with Betabrand's pants, but they're more affordable.

TheInfamousJ Oct 31, 2016 4:57 pm

I like Target's jeggings-style leggings in black pleather. The pleather makes it wash and dry in minutes. The jeggings-style means it appears to be a pair of pants with a simulated fly and usable butt pockets. The leggings means full range of motion. And the pleather adds an extra touch of class where it looks good under a blazer at a work function, or with a dressy top at happy hour. It looks like a sleek pair of skinny pants. Also, under $30. :)

Buster Nov 1, 2016 12:05 pm

I've been living in the Lucy Get Going Pant. I have them in black, and they're flattering and so so so comfy. They also have pockets, which is one of my issues with wearing leggings. I will say that they're not super warm, so perhaps not ideal if you're going somewhere cold.

Hoyaheel Nov 3, 2016 9:23 am

I'm a convert to Eileen Fisher stretch crepe. I prefer the skinny ankle pant (have it in black & bark) but there are full length, semi-boot cut, and I think a wide leg option as well. I wear the EF ponte knit for cooler weather but for airplanes & warmer (as well as shoulder - I'm warm blooded) temps, I prefer the stretch crepe. On the other hand - I love these pants because I can wear them for business travel. They might be "too nice" (and they're not cheap - but can be found on discount - a couple years ago, Neiman Marcus had them for $58, so....)

For more casual, I have some stretch type Columbia pants (solid black) and a pair of super cheap Tek (Kohls:p) exercise pants - elastic waist, narrow leg but not skinny or a legging.....Wicking, quick dry.....

(my closet is so full of "comfortable" black pants :D)