Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Share your favorite travel "secrets"

Share your favorite travel "secrets"

Old Feb 8, 20, 2:22 pm

Lightweight Merino wool bathrobe for the busty?!

Originally Posted by WryMartini View Post
This might seem like overkill, but I nearly always bring a bathrobe with me. The hotel-provided ones almost never fit (I'm very busty). I really like to lounge in my PJs/robe at night while reading or watching a movie and drinking tea (or wine!), and keeping to this routine when traveling helps with my sleep schedule. I'm often away from home for 4-5 weeks at a time and I value the little things that make living out of a hotel/suitcase more civilized. Plus, I like having a robe that fits and covers me for the sake of modesty - ie, room service comes earlier than expected, one of my colleagues asks if I have any decongestant, or there's an emergency and we have to evacuate. (I've had this happen 3 times. Twice, I was in bed asleep and the 3rd time I was in the shower.). I found a lovely, lightweight merino wool robe. It's cosy, doesn't take up too much space in my bag, and is suitable for most climates. I've also used it as a coverup en route to the hotel pool.
Where did you find this lightweight merino wool bathrobe? How much does it weigh? I have a spreadsheet listing weights of clothes I might travel with.
Old Feb 10, 20, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by try2cook View Post
Where did you find this lightweight merino wool bathrobe? How much does it weigh? I have a spreadsheet listing weights of clothes I might travel with.
I got it on Etsy a few years ago but I don't recall the name of the seller. I'll see if I can dig that up. When I get home tonight, I'll see if I can fold it up and plop it on the kitchen scale to get the weight. Smitten (Australia based merino wool clothing company) has a lovely merino bathrobe but its full length and it looks a little heavier weight than mine.

I love the spreadsheet idea, I cannot believe that never occurred to me.
Old Feb 10, 20, 9:46 pm

Always some sort of light layer whether that be a cardigan or light jacket WITH a hood (must), and extra medium-sized Ziploc bags. It's inevitable that the plane gets cold.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: