Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Very happy with hair straightener rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

We are just back from 10 days in Italy and I am very happy with the fact that I rented a hair straightener for the trip! I'm sure people have had luck with dual voltage, but it's never worked for me. I blew a CHI with it and gave up on the idea after that.

A friend of mine recommended renting one from Vacation Pretty for my recent trip, and it worked out really well. I have shoulder length hair, but it's thick and the cut is such that it's either a pony tail, or I need a straightener. Nothing good comes from just me + a hair dryer (probably due to my own inabilities! ) Not that I NEED pictures with my hair down, but it was nice to look a little more presentable for some of our dinners and pictures.

I love Rent the Runway, and it was just like that. Wound up with a very new BabyBliss straightener that worked really well (proper plug and all). It's inspired me to get a new straightener at home as well as my US straightener is old and apparently does not work as well as it should!

Only traveling abroad 1-2 times a year, this was a good solution for me. I'm sure some of you ladies own them for the countries you spend the most time in, but it was a nice solution. I don't know if I'll do it every time, but it was worth it for this trip/babymoon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.