Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Article: Comfy chic travel clothes: jump suit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...OTIyNjg3Mzk5S0

Really? They feature a jump suit with no back flap as far as I can tell. I can't imagine wearing something like that on a 60 minute flight, much less a TPAC.
Old May 27, 2016, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by manneca
http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...OTIyNjg3Mzk5S0

Really? They feature a jump suit with no back flap as far as I can tell. I can't imagine wearing something like that on a 60 minute flight, much less a TPAC.
My response to that article is twofold:

1. I can't imagine trying to wiggle in and out of that jumpsuit in an airplane restroom

2. more workout clothes/sweatsuit fabric pretending to be suitable for every occasion - dine out in your sweats? No wonder you see so many comments that Americans are slobs.
Old May 28, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I don't ever wear a one piece with pants or shorts, much less on an airplane. Have those people ever been on a plane? Jeez.
Old May 28, 2016, 11:41 am

Hahahaha a jumpsuit! I don't wear them period because they're a pain to get in/out of. I can't imagine on a flight. No thank you. Plenty of other, nice looking, comfortable options!
Old May 30, 2016, 2:32 pm
KCZ

If you look at the Aday website, they just make workout clothing. Apparently some dimwitted marketer must have told them it would be perfect to wear in public around the globe. https://www.thisisaday.com/#!/products
Old May 30, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
I'd wear none of this. The jumpsuit is quite obviously horrible, but the other stuff doesn't look comfortable either. I'm often cold on long-haul flights, and also try to minimize skin contact with the seats and other surfaces, so prefer loose-fitting clothes in layers.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by KCZ
If you look at the Aday website, they just make workout clothing. Apparently some dimwitted marketer must have told them it would be perfect to wear in public around the globe. https://www.thisisaday.com/#!/products
Yeah, but...

Click on that link and you get an annoying pop-ad that reads "Travel much? Here are 8 tips that help you put fitness into flying." so clearly they are trying to move into the "travel apparel" market.

The only dedicated-to-travel products I've found that work for me are all by TravelSmith. Loose fit, non wrinkle, easily washed, lots of deep pockets.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
A jumpsuit. Unbelievable and uncomfortable surely.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Yes. I have always loved the idea of traveling in a jumpsuit. Who wouldn't want to spend an overnight flight in an outfit that is difficult to take off and put back on in a situation where bathrooms are at a premium and small? Fantastic idea!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:03 am

That clothing is fine if you're 14 years old and built like Twiggy, but at my age I would be arrested for wearing something like that in public!

Doesn't anyone make comfortable travel clothes for us older (and plumper) travelers?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by Flyingmama
Doesn't anyone make comfortable travel clothes for us older (and plumper) travelers?
I've never had a problem finding something I want to travel in that is comfortable and suits my style and body. And I'm 43, not skinny, and usually travel in coach. So you tell us what you want to travel in and we'll help you find it. This is a very friendly board^
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Flyingmama
Once you decide not to subscribe to the whole "travel clothing" schtick, you'll have a whole world of options to choose from.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by edcaya
Once you decide not to subscribe to the whole "travel clothing" schtick, you'll have a whole world of options to choose from.
^ This!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by edcaya
There are a couple pieces I've come to think of as essential for travel, but they're not travel specific.

#1 is a Gore-Tex (or similar) rain jacket with loads of pockets. I had to buy a new one last winter (only got 13 years heavy use from last one ) and it was a hunt to find one with an interior zipper pocket or three. I finally settled on one from Eddie Bauer as it was the only one I could find with the right sized interior pocket for a passport. It's light enough that I can stuff it into an odd little space in my carry-on, but loose enough that I can layer under it.

#2 high quality, fitted walking/hiking socks. If the feet ain't happy, I ain't happy. If you haven't tried them, you will be amazed at the difference upgrading your socks can make. I have them in several different weights/height for for various activities. I buy mine at REI or CostCo.

#3 lightweight cashmere pullover and a couple coordinating scarves. Can be worn with or without a shirt underneath, layered under the jacket, and upgrades casual pants to restaurant acceptable.

Because of the TSA I never wear skirts when flying now. Instead I buy pants with a loose waist and multiple pockets. Often these have an elastic waist which makes them more comfortable when I'm stuck for hours in a plane seat. (but no, never polyester Grandma pants!)

None of these things came from travel specific stores but they're almost always packed when I leave home. Other threads in this forum offer similar suggestions for the most useful pieces when traveling.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by CDTraveler

Because of the TSA I never wear skirts when flying now.
I'm curious about why? For business travel my go to items have become a knit dress with a cardigan over it or a knit skirt/tank/cardigan combo. Never gave the TSA a second thought when picking out my comfy travel clothing and the knits have been great...comfortable and pretty much wrinkle proof so that even after a red eye at least my clothing is un-crumpled. And I can go straight from the office to the airport or vice versa without an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.