What are smart Jeans?

Old Apr 8, 16, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
What are smart Jeans?

In the same vein of the other jeans thread, I just got a new position, and the company sent dress code information.

I can wear business casual, which I've always taken to mean chino-type pants, but have always been prohibited from wearing jeans.

This company also allows smart jeans. I haven't a clue what they're talking about? Perhaps they mean no ripped, faded jeans? Or darker wash jeans and not faded, or washed?

Ideas anyone?
Old Apr 8, 16, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
In the same vein of the other jeans thread, I just got a new position, and the company sent dress code information.

I can wear business casual, which I've always taken to mean chino-type pants, but have always been prohibited from wearing jeans.

This company also allows smart jeans. I haven't a clue what they're talking about? Perhaps they mean no ripped, faded jeans? Or darker wash jeans and not faded, or washed?

Ideas anyone?
Might also refer to the fit, as in covered to the waist, no tush/undies showing but also not skin tight, cropped, or with zippers in weird places. In addition I'd take it to mean jeans that look reasonably new, not your gardening wear.
Old Apr 8, 16, 10:28 am

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning
Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
...This company also allows smart jeans. I haven't a clue what they're talking about? Perhaps they mean no ripped, faded jeans? Or darker wash jeans and not faded, or washed?

Ideas anyone?
"Smart jeans" makes me think: well-fitted ( neither too tight nor too baggy), dark wash, non-faded, non-ripped, and neatly pressed.
Old Apr 8, 16, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Thanks. I was thinking along those lines as well.
Old Apr 10, 16, 7:36 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by east_of_the_sun View Post
"Smart jeans" makes me think: well-fitted ( neither too tight nor too baggy), dark wash, non-faded, non-ripped, and neatly pressed.
Agreed! Dark wash, properly hemmed, not too tight.
Old Apr 17, 16, 7:25 pm

Look for trouser jeans.

Search this Thread