Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me find some jeans!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:12 pm
KCZ

Thanks for the encouragement. The only jeans on the R Lauren website that I can see in 100% cotton are completely pre-shredded. Duluth doesn't have any 100% cotton jeans.
Levis, which I wore for decades, now have a rise that is wayyyy too short. BUT those Wranglers look perfect. I have to have jeans that I can wear to do stuff outside and that I can wear over long underwear when it's -30F. Thank you, Hoyaheel.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Do not get me started on distressed denim. Ugh!!!! :-) We all have our things :-)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:55 am

I just bought a pair of these jeans from LL Bean and they are quickly becoming my favorites. They're mid-rise, slim but not skinny, stretchy and flattering. I will note that I sized up, so I'd go up one from your normal size.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Those look similar to Lands End jeans I got last year! I like that shape/style quite a bit!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Buster
I just bought a pair of these jeans from LL Bean and they are quickly becoming my favorites. They're mid-rise, slim but not skinny, stretchy and flattering. I will note that I sized up, so I'd go up one from your normal size.
I'll second the size up idea. I wear one size larger in LL Bean jeans than in their twills or cords. You'd think they'd be consistent in sizing across the product line, but they are not.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HH, SPG Gold
I live in Chicos jeans. My current selection includes Platinum and So Slimming. The prices seem high, but there are often sales. I never pay full price for any Chicos clothing.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:21 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I'm currently wearing Silver jeans in the Suki cut. They have various lengths, rises, washes and finishes but the Suki fit is for a curvy bum to waist ratio. Silver also has extended sizes in the tall and petite/junior range where the entire cut is proportioned accordingly and not where they just shorten/lengthen the leg.

I also found that Lee makes jeans for an even curvier bum to waist ratio in their curvy and relaxed fit. Unfortunately these jeans are more of an economy line since they do not hold their colour through multiple washings as well as the more expensive brands. I have an indigo wash pair that has faded to a medium blue after daily use and weekly washings as one of my stretchy "working pants" for the past year. For me, the styling is classic and more of a "mom jean" and not really fashionable as the thigh area is very generous. There seems to be a bit more spandex and is very comfortable to wear while traveling. I use this for when I need something I can climb bend and squat comfortably for long periods in.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I really like my latest few pairs of Ankle length Gap Jeans with stretch. They are lighter than usual and thus great for travel. I wouldn't call them designer, but they are keeping their shape. They are way higher waisted than before which is great.

I had to size down, so they run big.

I also had to buy a pair of Uniqlo jeans last June in Paris as my old gaps started to rip at the inner seams. They were a bit long, but they also worked out fine. If was in town longer than a touch and go, I would have had them shortened for free.

I still can't fathom paying more that 60 bucks for a pair of jeans, a pair that requires professional cleaning or buying jeans with holes in them.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
I still can't fathom paying more that 60 bucks for a pair of jeans, a pair that requires professional cleaning or buying jeans with holes in them.
Ditto.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by CBear
Dark wash preferred, boot cut, mid rise.

What's your favorite?
I have a pair of Seven for All Mankind jeans that pretty much fit your description. Although they are petite, they were still too long. I bought them at Saks, and they tailored them for me. However, these jeans are old (about 6-7 years old).

That said, I just bought a pair of black skinnies off J. Crew (internet). And I have to say that they are pretty good. They do not require tailoring, they have some give (at my age, skinnies have to have some give, or I can't eat ), they are comfy and they look good. So this is me vouching for J. Crew denim (though I won't vouch for them otherwise).
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Sweetone
I live in Chicos jeans. My current selection includes Platinum and So Slimming. The prices seem high, but there are often sales. I never pay full price for any Chicos clothing.
Ditto on these. I've never had jeans fit so well even with gaining or losing 10 lbs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.