Shoes

Old May 31, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Shoes

I'm going to be in the Middle East for the better part of the summer and am looking for shoe recs. I'm considering these Maha breathe flats from Patagonia. I want something I can wear pretty much 24/7 that is reasonably cute.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by starbuckright
I'm going to be in the Middle East for the better part of the summer and am looking for shoe recs. I'm considering these Maha breathe flats from Patagonia. I want something I can wear pretty much 24/7 that is reasonably cute.
I just ordered these in gray, love the look and there are good reviews
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
The shoe looks cute & cool (temp wise) but not sure it would have enough support for me.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:24 am
Community Director Emerita

I bought lots of comfortable and pretty shoes from Hotter. It's a UK company that sells by mail in the US.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by starbuckright
Also check Amazon for pricing. The coral flat is just $27.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I ordered them and they are great. They're more cushioned than I would have expected, and the fabric and traction has been good so far in the rainy east coast weather. The 8 1/2 is a little too big, but I'm between an 8-8 1/2 anyway so it was a gamble. We'll see how they hold up tomorrow on my crazy Moscow layover.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Also check Amazon for pricing. The coral flat is just $27.
For those reading, there's a
similar Patagonia design similar Patagonia design
, also for $27, but different colors.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:43 pm

How is the arch support? That would be an important factor for me.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by bamboola
How is the arch support? That would be an important factor for me.
Amazon reviews from one of the links above said the support wasn't great - that's definitely what holds me back.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
I recently got a pair of Bernie Mev "Cuddly" in black and I think they will become my "one shoe" for travel. Ultra-comfy, and easy to dress up or dress down.

I always wear orthotics (due to back problems) and the Mary Jane strap really helps to keep the shoe on. Most ballet flats, like in the OP, won't stay on my foot. They also makes a style "Catwalk" if you don't like the strap.

They run really small, I normally wear 8.5, but I had to return the "40 (USA Womens 9)" because my big toe literally poked out of the end of the shoe, but the "41 (USA Womens 10)" fits perfectly with or without the orthotics.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Hotter

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I bought lots of comfortable and pretty shoes from Hotter. It's a UK company that sells by mail in the US.
I am a big Hotter fan too
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by janetdoe
I recently got a pair of Bernie Mev "Cuddly" in black and I think they will become my "one shoe" for travel. Ultra-comfy, and easy to dress up or dress down.
I've been wondering about those shoes - I have wide feet and am always looking for something that will stretch but they looked to me as if they'd rub uncomfortably. Do they feel like a regular shoe or can you feel the elastic straps? The reviews online are mixed enough to put me off them.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I ordered a pair a few months ago and I returned them. I felt like they looked way too goofy on my feet... but I am still looking for some other shoes - I think I am getting to old to wear Converse Chuck Taylors as much as I do!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Bernie Mev

Originally Posted by janetdoe

I always wear orthotics (due to back problems) and the Mary Jane strap really helps to keep the shoe on. Most ballet flats, like in the OP, won't stay on my foot. They also makes a style "Catwalk" if you don't like the strap.

They run really small, I normally wear 8.5, but I had to return the "40 (USA Womens 9)" because my big toe literally poked out of the end of the shoe, but the "41 (USA Womens 10)" fits perfectly with or without the orthotics.
You have made me a Bernie Mev. addict I'm obsessed.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Comfortable? try adidas ultra boost and its like your feet is in bed 24/7.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.