Wiki Posts
Search

Shoes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
My newest find

Allbirds

Think you can get only from their website.

Made with New Zealand wool, very breathable, washable. Made to be worn without socks. The feel like lovely pillows on your feet

www.allbirds.com
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA
I hadn't heard of Hotter shoes before, so I appreciate the heads up. They have a few options for walking shoes that look like just what I've been looking for.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:58 pm

Sketchers aren't the prettiest shoes I've worn but they are by far the most comfy. I wear them by day and take ballet flats or pretty flat sandals for evening. Some pairs look better than others. For comfort, get the ones with the thick soles.

https://www.zappos.com/sketchers-wom...ketchers+women
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:00 am

Has anyone here tried Tieks? I love all the colors and have wanted some for a while and finally pulled the trigger and bought a pair. I really need something I can wear 24/7 when in warmer climates and do a ton of walking.

I have such a hard time with shoes. High arches, narrow heels. Tried some slip on Sketchers and made it exactly one day. Same with my AGL flats and so many others.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: United Lifetime Gold;SPG Gold (occasional platinum);SW;etc.
MissJ, I too have a pair of Tieks. While I like them and wear them around town they don't have enough arch support or insole padding for an a full day of touring walking for me. When traveling, I wear a pair of fashionable sneakers with an insert for support during the day. At night I switch to either a pair of boots (winter) with an insole or some cute and comfy espadrilles (summer) for dinner. I was slow to come around to the athleisure footwear trend until I was in Paris last year and spotted very fashionable french women in their black pants and sneakers. Now I own black sneakers for winter and white/light for summer!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:51 am

I do the same. One black, one white.

Originally Posted by travelmom4
MissJ, I too have a pair of Tieks. While I like them and wear them around town they don't have enough arch support or insole padding for an a full day of touring walking for me. When traveling, I wear a pair of fashionable sneakers with an insert for support during the day. At night I switch to either a pair of boots (winter) with an insole or some cute and comfy espadrilles (summer) for dinner. I was slow to come around to the athleisure footwear trend until I was in Paris last year and spotted very fashionable french women in their black pants and sneakers. Now I own black sneakers for winter and white/light for summer!
I also do a black sneaker, and a white one. These in particular I own. I have a spare in the bullpen of each as well

Ecco soft 5 toggle sneaker. Available on Amazon

Last edited by stan1162; Jul 8, 2019 at 11:53 am Reason: change
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:48 pm

I have my Nikes which are like walking on air. I've done 10+ miles in a day in them. I was just hoping for something a little cuter for some trips. Got the Tieks... they are so cute, but I think they are too big. I'm a 7.5 so I went up to an 8 but they slip on my heels. I'm going to try a 7 and hope for the best. If not, oh well. I'm really used to cute shoes just not being comfy for me.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:19 pm

Shoes

I have two pair of Tieks so I like them, but only for some casual walking. Not enough arch support for a long day of touring, IMHO.
I do, however, love my Allbirds for travel. They wash great too. Great colors. Every time I wear them in an airport someone notices them and remarks on them They breathe. I rarely use socks with them because they are so soft and comfy inside.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:00 pm

And they now have flats that are tempting. Which model do you have and how did the sizing work for you?

Last edited by MissJ; Jul 10, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:44 am

These

Originally Posted by MissJ
And they now have flats that are tempting. Which model do you have and how did the sizing work for you?

I wear these:
https://www.allbirds.com/products/womens-wool-runners

My feet are 9.5 to 10. Their 10 works well. Actually they have a decent sizing guide.

My daughter likes the tree runners but I love the soft wool feeling inside of the wool runners.

There may not be enough arch support for some but if it going to be a really long day in them, I slip in some ortho inserts.

By the way, I have friends with bunions who really love them as they have a lot of "give" in them.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:47 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Just discovered http://wolky.com/about-wolky/what-makes-a-wolky/. Check the FAQ's. These shoes are comfortable even for one who has 2 fake knees. Bought my first pair of sandals and they are great. Bought on Zappos. Unfortunately, expensive.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:34 pm

So the Tieks did not fit well. I wear a half size so I ordered up and they slipped on my heels. I do have narrow heels so this happens. I wasn't sure I could really go down a full size so I returned them. LOVED the look and the color. Maybe I'll try the smaller size at some point or maybe try the vegan ones instead of leather in case they fit differently. I'll have to google that.

I am trying both Allbirds (flats and tree runners) and Rothy's next. Both have been ordered, we will see who wins... if anyone.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat
I've been wearing the Allbirds flats for a few weeks now- very comfortable and softer than I had expected. No rubbing at the heel, and I have narrow heels. There is not much arch support but it would be easy to swap out the insole. One caution is that I downsized a 1/2 size from my wool runners (the flats come in 1/2 sizes)- the fit is pretty snug, but they stretch out a little and I like that they don't slip off easily.

And the new fall colors are really gorgeous!
gretchendz likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:31 pm

I missed out on the red and purple in my size. Both are sold out. I got the grey ones but will get more colorful if I like them.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:31 am

The winner for me is Rothy's. I ended up with a green pair of round toe flats and love them. I think for anyone looking for comfy flats, all are a good option but the best option will be different for different people. The Allbirds felt like slippers, so soft, but the fit wasn't right for me. I did have to exchange sizes with Rothy's once but the end result is great. In total, I ordered 1 pair of Tieks, 2 Allbirds (flat and tree runners), 1 Rothy's and then an exchange. I kept the Rothy's and the Tree Runners. Both are very comfy and cute. Though I cannot wear the Allbirds without socks, they slip on my heels. Great with socks though. I'm normally a 7.5 and the Tree Runners are a 7 and the Rothy's are an 8. Sizing can be a bit of a puzzle but they all are really great with returns and exchanges.

If anyone wants to try Rothy's, I can give you a $20 referral coupon. I used one for my pair and it definitely made the price more attractive. Plus, if you return or exchange, they let you keep your $20 off so you can use it on whatever you decide to get next. I thought that was pretty cool.

Last edited by MissJ; Sep 26, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.