Shoes

Old Sep 9, 17, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
My newest find

Allbirds

Think you can get only from their website.

Made with New Zealand wool, very breathable, washable. Made to be worn without socks. The feel like lovely pillows on your feet

www.allbirds.com
Old Sep 9, 17, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA
I hadn't heard of Hotter shoes before, so I appreciate the heads up. They have a few options for walking shoes that look like just what I've been looking for.
Old Sep 27, 17, 4:58 pm

Sketchers aren't the prettiest shoes I've worn but they are by far the most comfy. I wear them by day and take ballet flats or pretty flat sandals for evening. Some pairs look better than others. For comfort, get the ones with the thick soles.

https://www.zappos.com/sketchers-wom...ketchers+women
Old Jul 2, 19, 9:00 am

Has anyone here tried Tieks? I love all the colors and have wanted some for a while and finally pulled the trigger and bought a pair. I really need something I can wear 24/7 when in warmer climates and do a ton of walking.

I have such a hard time with shoes. High arches, narrow heels. Tried some slip on Sketchers and made it exactly one day. Same with my AGL flats and so many others.
Old Jul 4, 19, 7:19 am

Programs: United Lifetime Gold;SPG Gold (occasional platinum);SW;etc.
MissJ, I too have a pair of Tieks. While I like them and wear them around town they don't have enough arch support or insole padding for an a full day of touring walking for me. When traveling, I wear a pair of fashionable sneakers with an insert for support during the day. At night I switch to either a pair of boots (winter) with an insole or some cute and comfy espadrilles (summer) for dinner. I was slow to come around to the athleisure footwear trend until I was in Paris last year and spotted very fashionable french women in their black pants and sneakers. Now I own black sneakers for winter and white/light for summer!
Old Jul 8, 19, 11:51 am

I do the same. One black, one white.

Originally Posted by travelmom4 View Post
MissJ, I too have a pair of Tieks. While I like them and wear them around town they don't have enough arch support or insole padding for an a full day of touring walking for me. When traveling, I wear a pair of fashionable sneakers with an insert for support during the day. At night I switch to either a pair of boots (winter) with an insole or some cute and comfy espadrilles (summer) for dinner. I was slow to come around to the athleisure footwear trend until I was in Paris last year and spotted very fashionable french women in their black pants and sneakers. Now I own black sneakers for winter and white/light for summer!
I also do a black sneaker, and a white one. These in particular I own. I have a spare in the bullpen of each as well

Ecco soft 5 toggle sneaker. Available on Amazon

Last edited by stan1162; Jul 8, 19 at 11:53 am Reason: change
Old Jul 8, 19, 1:48 pm

I have my Nikes which are like walking on air. I've done 10+ miles in a day in them. I was just hoping for something a little cuter for some trips. Got the Tieks... they are so cute, but I think they are too big. I'm a 7.5 so I went up to an 8 but they slip on my heels. I'm going to try a 7 and hope for the best. If not, oh well. I'm really used to cute shoes just not being comfy for me.
Old Jul 10, 19, 3:19 pm

Shoes

I have two pair of Tieks so I like them, but only for some casual walking. Not enough arch support for a long day of touring, IMHO.
I do, however, love my Allbirds for travel. They wash great too. Great colors. Every time I wear them in an airport someone notices them and remarks on them They breathe. I rarely use socks with them because they are so soft and comfy inside.
Old Jul 10, 19, 7:00 pm

And they now have flats that are tempting. Which model do you have and how did the sizing work for you?

Last edited by MissJ; Jul 10, 19 at 7:08 pm
Old Jul 11, 19, 9:44 am

These

Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
And they now have flats that are tempting. Which model do you have and how did the sizing work for you?

I wear these:
https://www.allbirds.com/products/womens-wool-runners

My feet are 9.5 to 10. Their 10 works well. Actually they have a decent sizing guide.

My daughter likes the tree runners but I love the soft wool feeling inside of the wool runners.

There may not be enough arch support for some but if it going to be a really long day in them, I slip in some ortho inserts.

By the way, I have friends with bunions who really love them as they have a lot of "give" in them.