Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Women Traveling the World Tour

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Since my husband passed away, I've been taking many trips on my own. Sometimes that can be quite lonely about the 4th or 5th day if I don't find someone to talk to. I am now thinking about taking an all women tour using a company called "Women Traveling the World". I'm looking at a trip to Thailand. Wondered if anyone has used this company and what your experiences were.

Or if you have used other companies that you had a good experience with, that would be great info too.

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by JackieC2
Since my husband passed away, I've been taking many trips on my own. Sometimes that can be quite lonely about the 4th or 5th day if I don't find someone to talk to. I am now thinking about taking an all women tour using a company called "Women Traveling the World". I'm looking at a trip to Thailand. Wondered if anyone has used this company and what your experiences were.

Or if you have used other companies that you had a good experience with, that would be great info too.

Thanks!
I had done some travelling on my own before my husband died but in the 7 months I have been alone, I have done several long trips, I like to stay in bed and breakfast for the interaction with other people but by and large, I dont get that lonely.
Have you looked at the Solo Traveller blog by Janice Waugh, there is some good suggestions on there
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:38 pm

I've signed up for a women-only tour for the spring to Peru (not the same company though!). My husband does a boys-only trip every May to watch the races so this year I did a solo spa-and-hiking trip to Utah, and have decided to start branching out and hit some international destinations. Most of my female friends have younger kids or can't afford to travel much so thought I'd try this kind of group to see how it goes. Plus, my husband is more comfortable knowing I'd be with others......seems much safer to him.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:14 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
If you like cooking and exploring food, I HIGHLY recommend Culinary Getaways led by Sherry Page. You may also want to sign up for Journeywoman Newsletter if you haven't as of yet.

I travel solo most of the time when I travel and have learned quite a bit so feel free to reach out of you want to discuss some tips/tricks. I am sorry for the loss of your husband.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.