Thigh gel?

Old May 25, 14, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Thigh gel?

I just heard about this Monistat product but cannot find it. Has anyone used it?
http://www.megsmakeup.com/forums/mon...d-its-101-uses
Old May 26, 14, 5:16 am

Programs: BA GfL
Never heard of this product, but if you have chafing issues, you might want to check out BodyGlide. I use it for running/exercise--it is designed for sports, but could be used for plenty of other purposes. I order it from Drugstore.com but it can be found in outdoor stores like REI and big box sporting goods stores also.
Old May 26, 14, 7:25 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, True Blue, Southwest, IHG
I also tried looking for it but haven't been able to see it on shelves either. I got the Gold Bond version of Body Glide as it was unscented which I prefer.
Old May 26, 14, 8:29 am
Moderator: Information Desk, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
The Monostat product seems to be available from several online sites, including Amazon, Drugstore.com, CVS.com and Walgreens.com (and that's just the first page of Google search results).
Old May 26, 14, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta Silver (2019)
Where do you live? I'm in rural NC and my Walmart has the monistat anti-chafing ;-) (as well as drugstores and possibly Target)

I've really liked a liquid talc in the past but it's hard to find and doesn't last as long as the monistat. Lanacane also makes a dimethicone based anti-chafing gel - I got a sample at one point. Basically the same as the monistat product so just buy whichever you can find/is cheaper.

Last edited by Hoyaheel; May 26, 14 at 6:23 pm
Old May 26, 14, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I have used it - it's the only way I can wear a skirt or dress without anything under it. It works fairly well but I definitely like it keep it with me to reapply it (especially if it's hot). I think I got mine at Walmart.

It's funny this thread came up, because I was trying on my dress for a wedding I am in in a few weeks with my shapewear. I realized the legs on it are just a little too long in the back, so I'll have to get the kind that don't have legs, meaning I'll have to use the Monistat. That will be a real pain to have to carry around with me that day so I just ordered these: http://www.bandelettes.com/. I've heard about them a lot, so I'm hoping they work!
Old May 26, 14, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Another interesting thing about the Monistat, I've heard that it's the exact same formula as a lot of face primers, and you can use it for that purpose if you ever run out.
Old May 27, 14, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver (2019)
Originally Posted by horse glasses View Post
Another interesting thing about the Monistat, I've heard that it's the exact same formula as a lot of face primers, and you can use it for that purpose if you ever run out.
Yes, it's all dimethicone based......
Old May 28, 14, 3:58 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by travelmad478 View Post
but if you have chafing issues, you might want to check out BodyGlide.
BodyGlide is awesome. Available at any sporting goods store.
Old May 28, 14, 4:12 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
I'd never heard of the Monistat anti-chafing gel and went to their website to read about it. There's a $2 off coupon there if anyone is interested. FWIW I have used deoderant as a chafing prevention and it worked great.

Search this Thread