Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel purses

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Travel purses

I'd love to hear recommendations for travel purses from you ladies. I'm looking for something that is a cross-body with good internal organization options. However, I'm really not into the nylon designs that companies like bagallini seem to market. Basically, I want a travel purse that doesn't look like a travel purse. Any endorsements?
Old May 21, 2014, 12:06 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
2 main brands come to mind if you want leather and lots of organization : Mundi for low-mid range and Bree for med-high range. Both brands are German but can be found in N. America via specialty boutiques.
Old May 22, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
I love MZ Wallace bags for travel. I have the Mia and it is perfect for me - not too large or too small, crossbody, and it has several pockets. The fabric is durable and it goes with everything. I can fit a couple of magazines, my iPad mini, and all the usual stuff that you want handy on flights.

Erin
Old May 22, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
oh wow that is a super cute bag
Old May 22, 2014, 6:15 pm

so I love the MIA, but cannot justify $325--any other suggestions for a good cross body bag???
Old May 22, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
One

Here's one I think is cute:

http://www.ebags.com/category/handba...rigin=left_nav
Old May 22, 2014, 8:01 pm

There is another thread about this very subject.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women...rt-wallet.html

I don't like leather travel purses when traveling internationally because of the added weight of leather vs. nylon or a lighter weight bag.

Baggallinni has nearly every combo you can think of.

http://www.baggallini.com/

So does Pacsafe

http://www.pacsafe.com/

Baggallini Hobo

Pacsafe Toursafe

Pacsafe Citysafe

Baggallini Big Sydney

I ultimately bought the eBags Piazza which I eventually replaced by a slightly larger version of the Piazza that I found on clearance at REI that was similar to the REI Tranquility but was all black.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:46 pm

Thanks sooooo much!!! Im not a techy person so i have no idea how you find a link and put it on a thread, but I ordered the day bag! very excited!!
Old May 26, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I know you ordered a bag but in case anyone else is looking and finds this thread looking for bags - I too have the ebags Piazza and a PacSafe (citysafe 200) and an ameribag sling bag - I prefer nylon for travel because of the weight issue. I got the ebag and pacsafe on sale through one of the ebag daily sale emails a few years ago.

I love the ebags Piazza and use it most often, but was having problems in the summer - on bare skin (like, with a sundress or tank top) the strap was chafing me because it is not edged like the pacsafe bags are. But someone on another board recommended Timbuk2 strap covers and I ordered a few (fun colors!) and used one this past week when I was in Portland (lots of walking, carrying it!) and it was fabulous! So if you have a crossbody bag you love but it chafes - I recommend the timbuk2 strap covers
Old May 30, 2014, 4:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by elynbeth
I'd love to hear recommendations for travel purses from you ladies. I'm looking for something that is a cross-body with good internal organization options. However, I'm really not into the nylon designs that companies like bagallini seem to market. Basically, I want a travel purse that doesn't look like a travel purse. Any endorsements?
My travel IS my everyday purse. I want for travel what I need everyday.

A Classic Coach bag: The Willis Bag

Old May 30, 2014, 6:08 am

Analise - I have that coach bag too but it's so heavy! I rarely use it for everyday, much less travel. I'm a wimp - I want a lightweight bag
Old May 30, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Analise - I have that coach bag too but it's so heavy! I rarely use it for everyday, much less travel. I'm a wimp - I want a lightweight bag
There is a lot of space inside so I can see how it can become heavy. Mine is quite light but then again, I don't carry very much in it. I love the handle on top.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:22 pm

Ironically, the reason I love the old Coach styles (I have some bags that are 25+ years old, from my mom) is the quality & feel of that heavy leather. So the reason I love the bag is also the reason I don't carry it often.

Though I should use mine again in the fall - it's not that heavy and I don't walk far carrying my purse on a regular work day.

Another reason it's not ideal for me for travel is I do like some organization in a bag that allows me to get some things out without having to go through the entire thing, and carry things like a water bottle & camera and keep them separate but easily accessible. (for work travel, I just carry a tote and the purse doesn't make an appearance at meetings, really, so I can still use my nylon travel purses....)
Old May 30, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Analise - I have that coach bag too but it's so heavy! I rarely use it for everyday, much less travel.
Another reason it's not ideal for me for travel is I do like some organization in a bag that allows me to get some things out without having to go through the entire thing, and carry things like a water bottle & camera and keep them separate but easily accessible.
That right there is why your bag is heavy. You actually carry a water bottle and camera in your purse. Remove them and your shoulders will thank you for not having to lug the excess weight.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Analise
That right there is why your bag is heavy. You actually carry a water bottle and camera in your purse. Remove them and your shoulders will thank you for not having to lug the excess weight.
Yes, I understand why my bags are heavy, but I will still want to carry a camera (it's tiny) and a water bottle when I'm traveling, so I seek to lower the weight in other areas where I am willing to make changes

(if I want to carry more than a water bottle and camera, I do use a backpack for best weight distribution)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.