Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

My current favorite casual travel pants - Bleulab Denim

Old Apr 23, 14, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Hi gals,

These will not be for everyone (they seem to be exclusively skinny jeans), but I did want to pass along my current favorite "casual" travel pants (casual Fridays, dinner after work, staying the weekend, etc.).

Right now I am LOVING Bleulab denim. I bought a pair like this and have found that I now only need one pair of jeans when I travel (and can stop wearing Lululemon Wunder Under crops as "leggings"): http://www.jeans.com/detail/lab-BL605-27-41.html

Not sure I buy what the site says with "sizing down". I am typically a 26 and the 26 is what fits me. I travel with my pair which is machine washable (no coated side or crazy wash) - have not tried weekly traveling with the coated ones, although I do own a pair. The waxed ones are pretty stylish but pretty warm - I wouldn't feel right wearing those several times over 5-7 days without access to a way to kill off the germs/sweat.

The styling is pretty contemporary so they won't be for everyone... but if you like skinny jeans and travel a lot I definitely recommend checking these out.
Old Apr 23, 14, 7:00 pm

Never seen these, but they look good! Am int the market for skinny jeans and will keep an eye out for them.
Old Apr 24, 14, 12:06 pm

I don't see the material composition on jeans.com, but they remind me of the less expensive Uniqlo Ultra Stretch Jeans. Other colors available:
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/women/botto...a-stretch.html

They're pretty comfy and definitely stretchy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RxOfl419FE

Waist fits true to size on me and also dries sufficiently quickly when air drying. Quicker than my 100% cotton skinnies.

Free hemming in USA on jeans > $20 (at least in my local store) and they usually can do it in a few hours. In my experience, Uniqlo denim usually shrinks lengthwise after several washes just a tiny bit so I ask for hems about a cm too long.

You're not getting the high end detailing on these jeans but I prefer to wear in my jeans myself and no one is looking at the label on my clothes.
Old Apr 25, 14, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by freecia View Post
I don't see the material composition on jeans.com, but they remind me of the less expensive Uniqlo Ultra Stretch Jeans. Other colors available:
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/women/botto...a-stretch.html

They're pretty comfy and definitely stretchy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RxOfl419FE

Waist fits true to size on me and also dries sufficiently quickly when air drying. Quicker than my 100% cotton skinnies.

Free hemming in USA on jeans > $20 (at least in my local store) and they usually can do it in a few hours. In my experience, Uniqlo denim usually shrinks lengthwise after several washes just a tiny bit so I ask for hems about a cm too long.

You're not getting the high end detailing on these jeans but I prefer to wear in my jeans myself and no one is looking at the label on my clothes.
How's the sizing on the Uniqlo jeans? I might order some, but returns are not free if I get the sizing wrong. Amazon has a few pairs of the Bluelab for much less than the OP link, I might try them as well.

Last edited by voodoogirl; Apr 25, 14 at 6:54 am
Old Apr 25, 14, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by voodoogirl View Post
How's the sizing on the Uniqlo jeans? I might order some, but returns are not free if I get the sizing wrong. Amazon has a few pairs of the Bluelab for much less than the OP link, I might try them as well.
Yes, I had gotten mine through a sale site (may have been Ruelala). I wasn't able to find the exact pair anywhere except jeans.com but plenty of cheaper options are out there. Mine ended up running approximately $60-$70 I believe.
Old Apr 25, 14, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Silver (2019)
Uniqlo is a Japanese brand, so, tiny I have some tops -sized up to XL though I tend to wear 10 in American sizes. Honestly, the models look so teeny that when I visited NYC in December I was too scared (well, and in too much of a hurry) to try on the pants. They're teeny for men too - my husband sized up in the tops he bought too.

(I just realized I do have a bottom - today I am wearing their ponte knee length skirt - it's a L, not XL like the tops I get, but it's stretch and a skirt - I have an hourglass figure, so in jeans- thighs are always the problem area to fit....)
Old Apr 25, 14, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Consultette View Post
Hi gals,

These will not be for everyone (they seem to be exclusively skinny jeans), but I did want to pass along my current favorite "casual" travel pants (casual Fridays, dinner after work, staying the weekend, etc.).

Right now I am LOVING Bleulab denim. I bought a pair like this and have found that I now only need one pair of jeans when I travel (and can stop wearing Lululemon Wunder Under crops as "leggings"): http://www.jeans.com/detail/lab-BL605-27-41.html

Not sure I buy what the site says with "sizing down". I am typically a 26 and the 26 is what fits me. I travel with my pair which is machine washable (no coated side or crazy wash) - have not tried weekly traveling with the coated ones, although I do own a pair. The waxed ones are pretty stylish but pretty warm - I wouldn't feel right wearing those several times over 5-7 days without access to a way to kill off the germs/sweat.

The styling is pretty contemporary so they won't be for everyone... but if you like skinny jeans and travel a lot I definitely recommend checking these out.
Interesting. Do the loops and label ever bother you being on the inside as well? For some reason I keep looking at that thinking that they would annoy the heck out of me.
Old Apr 25, 14, 9:04 pm

I have a pair of Bluelab 8 pocket jeans coming from Amazon, will weigh in after I try them on. I guessed at the size, we'll see. Leaving in a few weeks for Europe, this would be great for the packing situation.
Old Apr 27, 14, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Interesting. Do the loops and label ever bother you being on the inside as well? For some reason I keep looking at that thinking that they would annoy the heck out of me.
They don't bother me at all. I thought it might bother me as well since I have very wide hips, but they are positioned just right so it's not like they cut into my hip bones or anything.
Old Apr 28, 14, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by voodoogirl View Post
I'm petite and sort of the target demographic (Asian, some hip, some booty, slightly stocky thigh, shorter leg inseam) which serves me well with Uniqlo. The ultra stretch jeans fit guide states the inseam is 33" which looks correct. They also have styles which aren't pre-distressed. I like "pristine" jeans since distressed knee breaks usually hit my shins. Those who need a 34" inseam might be out of luck or try the regular length for a cropped fit. The US store sells their jeans with waist inch sizing (ie 23, 24, 25, 26, ... 32) and fits true to size for me.

They sometimes have inexpensive jeans (<$20 USD), straight or skinny cut, made out of a lighter denim material which definitely takes less time to dry than my American denim.
Old Apr 28, 14, 12:28 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AC/AS
How are these jeans, uniquelo and bleu lab, in terms of stretched-outness after wearing them for 10+ hours?

I often encounter stretchy jeans that get too loose by the end of the day. So tempting to get one of these though!
Old Apr 30, 14, 10:37 am

I got two pairs of Bleulab jeans in the mail from Amazon yesterday. Neither are the waxed kind, just the regular.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll admit I wasn't totally sure what size to order, I went with a 26. Which fit, but a little too snug for what I would want for traveling. I exchanged for a 27 and they will be here tomorrow.

As for the jeans, I really like the product. I was afraid they might be thinner like leggings, but they are pretty thick, like regular jeans. The reversible features are pretty cool.

And this pair:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now this pair was extremely small, although the same size and seemingly same style. I returned them.

Given Amazon's great return policy, I just advise to try a few pairs and see which work. But they are pretty neat. I didn't wear them long, but I think the stretch will hold pretty well as anything else.
Old May 1, 14, 7:12 pm

Followup, sizing up was a good call. Taking them to Europe with me in two weeks! Thanks OP!
Old May 1, 14, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I had been traveling for a few days and am just catching up on the posts. I'm so happy you like them too! I will check out the pairs you order as soon as I hit reply. I might want to order a third pair if you found some good deals on Amazon :-P

Search this Thread