Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Smart phone apps women travelers need

Smart phone apps women travelers need

Old Feb 8, 14, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb Smart phone apps women travelers need

Hi,

I am trying to design the ultimate travel app for female travelers and need your feedback to make it great. I have traveled a lot myself, and I think there is a need for more quality smart phone and tablet apps aimed at women. Please take 30 seconds and give me your thoughts and ideas here:

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3aZqgF85iMP8DYh

Thanks!

Julia
Old Feb 8, 14, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Just looked at the survey but didn't go past the first page. I didn't see any questions that related to women, just suggestions of an app that would seem to be tailormade for the NSA, or perhaps stalkers. Do I want an app that broadcasts where I am in real time? Hell no.
Old Feb 10, 14, 2:39 pm

Just took a quick look at the survey questions, and there are already some very good apps available on both iOS/Android that fit the bill (Glympse for location-sharing, Trip Journal for travel journaling). Neither are particularly female-centric nor would I expect them to be, so why should gender make a difference in the design and use of said apps?
Old Feb 12, 14, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
Car

For bigger cities, I recommend the Uber car service.

Recently, I was in D.C. late at night. Had to get to Baltimore. I hit the button on Uber, and a driver was there within two minutes with a clean comfortable black car.

Uber sent me his picture and car make and a number I could call, so it felt very safe.

No fumbling for money, either--you enter your credit card info into they system and it charges automatically. fare was no worse than a regular taxi.

Obviously, it's for everyone, but sure can make you feel more secure catching a ride at night.

Search this Thread